white europeans didnt bring slavery to the americas and it was never about race

all one has to do is look at history and you will see slavery already existed in the americas long before columbus arrived and it was never about race,,

thomas sowell lays it out pretty good as he always does

Thomas Sowell explains what is the biggest myth about slavery in our culture, and the truth about the transatlantic slave trade. This is an excerpt from 'Black Rednecks and White Liberals'.

Chattel slavery in the New World was indeed about race.

It started out that way....same with tobacco....but after trying indentured servants (they con-tracted out) and Indians (they died of disease or ran away)...they went to African slaves (used to diseases and hard to run away when you stand out)

It started out that way....same with tobacco....but after trying indentured servants (they con-tracted out) and Indians (they died of disease or ran away)...they went to African slaves (used to diseases and hard to run away when you stand out)
thats a victim of circumstance not color of skin,,

Contrary to many blacks thinking whites kidnapped them and brought them to America for slaves the real problem was their own people selling them into slavery.

Last edited:
none alive today are guilty of the slavery youre complaining about,, as I said there are currently between 20-40 million slaves across the world and not even half are black, my guess are most are chinese and white,,

but sure lets talk about the ones that arent slaves but claim to be oppressed,,
Like you?

Contrary to many blacks thinking whites kidnapped them and brought them to America for slaves the real problem was their own people selling them into slavery.
Contrary to many whites who think blacks kidnapped blacks and sold them into American slavery, most American slaves were born and bred in America by whites.

all one has to do is look at history and you will see slavery already existed in the americas long before columbus arrived and it was never about race,,

thomas sowell lays it out pretty good as he always does

Thomas Sowell explains what is the biggest myth about slavery in our culture, and the truth about the transatlantic slave trade. This is an excerpt from 'Black Rednecks and White Liberals'.

Who do you think owned and operated the slave ships?

Contrary to many whites who think blacks kidnapped blacks and sold them into American slavery, most American slaves were born and bred in America by whites.
both can and are true,,,

did you expect slaves to not breed??

You long ago abandoned any pretense of discussion :)
you say that only because you couldnt push your guilt on the whole country,,

your problem is you want to blame the whole country for what less than 10% did, some say far less than 10%

but sure lets blame the whole country,,

you say that only because you couldnt push your guilt on the whole country,,

your problem is you want to blame the whole country for what less than 10% did, some say far less than 10%

but sure lets blame the whole country,,
Your problem is you aren’t really interested in either discussion or history. My problem is I mistakenly assumed you were. As for guilt, that’s all on you. I feel none.

not seeing the logic in that??
the british had black slaves as well as many others even up to this day,,

if you bothered to watch the video he explains in detail how and why which race were used depending on time periods, cultures and locations,,, race was irrelevant,,

currently across the middle east it is still mostly if not all of the 20 million slaves are black,

so how is it a uniquely an american thing if its still happening in the middle east and northern africa??
Where in the Middle East?

beings they considered them cattle breeding only makes sense,, doesnt make it a racial issue,,
When only the black race was treated that way, and when those ene qualities continued after abolition, yes, it is racial in this country.

Your problem is you aren’t really interested in either discussion or history. My problem is I mistakenly assumed you were. As for guilt, that’s all on you. I feel none.
key word being history,,
current realities show your history is flawed and lacking facts,,

we sure are having a long discussion for you to say I am not interested in a discussion as for history youre also refusing to see the whole picture of history since it disproves your narrative,, youre also just mad youre failing with facts and reality and why you keep avoiding my specific points and go off in another racist rant,,

of course you try and project your guilt on me,,

Forum List

Back