Who is your bet to win the World Series in 2024?

Andrew_Jackson_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
To win the World Series I got the Houston Astros at 22-1 New York Mets at 100-1. Detroit Tigers at 280-1. Diamondbacks at 30-1

The Astros are now 7.5-1. New York Mets are about 30-1 Tigers are about 50-1… Diamondbacks around 25 to 1. I can sell all of my bets now for a decent profit, but I’m gonna hang on for now.

I think a nice insurance bet Is to bet on the Yankees and the Dodgers to face each other in the WS.

Last edited:
To win the World Series I got the Houston Astros at 22-1 New York Mets at 100-1. Detroit Tigers at 280-1. Diamondbacks at 30-1

The Astros are now 7.5-1. New York Mets are about 30-1 Tigers are about 50-1… Diamondbacks around 25 to 1. I can sell all of my bets now for a decent profit, but I’m gonna hang on for now.

I think a nice insurance bet Is to bet on the Yankees and the Dodgers to face each other in the WS.
the dodgers choke a lot....

Two years ago, I put $100 into FanDuel and at end of last year's season I had $9.00 remaining.

So, on 11/3/2023 I figured I'd bet $1 apiece on these 2024 World Series picks:
  • Seattle Mariners, 18-1
  • San Diego Padres, 20-1
  • Los Angeles Dodgers, 7-1
  • Atlanta Braves, 6-1
  • Houston Astros, 9-1
  • Minnesota Twins, 20-1
  • Tampa Bay Rays, 16-1
  • Baltimore Orioles, 13-1
Will be rooting for my favorites, Guardians and D-Backs and at least have a remaining balance of $1.

Dodgers have won one third of their World Series appearances. The Giants aren't much better. Must be crap to be a fan.

The Angels have only one WS appearance, and they're 1.000. It's better to be an Anaheim fan.

i lived down the street from the Angels for 50 years....no its not better being their fan.....they have some pretty shitty management including their owner....

I don’t watch baseball but I thought the Tigers are a gutter rat team ??

I don’t watch baseball but I thought the Tigers are a gutter rat team ??
They’ve had the best record in all baseball in the past 40 games

Also, only one team I believe in last few years or so has made the World Series after having a first round by. I might be slightly off on exact numbers but the gist of it is that It might be a bad thing for the teams that have a buy week Which would be the Yankees, guardians, Dodgers, and Phillies all with first round buys. All that time off in baseball is probably not good.

Although I strongly suspect the LA Dodgers to make the World Series. Even though they have struggled in the past few years in the playoffs they have Ohtani and they’re always going to be a threat. Plus they won the World Series in 2020. Sure people might say “oh hell it was the Covid season” doesn’t matter everyone had to deal with the same thing. The Dodgers are a threat and the number one threat in the World Series, I think. But let’s see how they deal with a bye week

Last edited:
Sure hope for the Houston Astros sake that Yordan Alvarez is healthy and ready to go for game one of the wildcard round. Alvarez is perhaps the best offensive player on the Astros and one of the most clutch players in the American League.

At least For the Astros sake though again they do have Kyle Tucker back and he’s done OK since his return from injury. Kikuchi Has a 3.00 ERA since joining the Astros. Also Astros starters Framber Valdez and Hunter Brown have been stellar in the second half of the season.

Sure hope for the Houston Astros sake that Yordan Alvarez is healthy and ready to go for game one of the wildcard round. Alvarez is perhaps the best offensive player on the Astros and one of the most clutch players in the American League.

At least For the Astros sake though again they do have Kyle Tucker back and he’s done OK since his return from injury. Kikuchi Has a 3.00 ERA since joining the Astros. Also Astros starters Framber Valdez and Hunter Brown have been stellar in the second half of the season.

Astros vs Tigers a mismatch ???

Astros vs Tigers a mismatch ???
The Astros might not face Detroit in the playoffs. It could be for example Kansas City, Minnesota or the Tigers. Any three of those

Whoever is the 6th and final wildcard playoff spot in the American League will face the Houston Astros.

The Tigers are the best team in baseball with their record at least in the past 40 games. Doesn’t mean they’re the best team right now, but they’re the hottest team going into the playoffs.

Though the Minnesota Twins who are currently 2 1/2 games out of the playoffs, still have a small chance to squeak in and steal a spot from the Tigers or Royals. I doubt the tigers will lose their playoff spot considering their last three games are against the Chicago White Sox who have one of the worst regular season records in baseball history this year.

By the way, I am not itt speaking as some kind of an ultimate baseball expert if you will. Just having fun with this thing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back