Who pays tariffs?

post a link. I mean, if every economists says it, let's see the pricing in the grocery stores back to 2020 rates and gas there as well. Go on now, that's your task to prove your point.
I don’t do that … the reason I don’t you on the right no matter where it came from you will say well, that a liberal site so it has no value … whether it’s true or not ever site I use is a non-political site… these are the facts coming from the fed and the government …either you accept it or you prove it to be wrong … I don’t prove myself to be wrong for you … that’s your job…

I don’t do that … the reason I don’t you on the right no matter where it came from you will say well, that a liberal site so it has no value … whether it’s true or not ever site I use is a non-political site… these are the facts coming from the fed and the government …either you accept it or you prove it to be wrong … I don’t prove myself to be wrong for you … that’s your job…
In other words, I'm right!!!

ahhh the guy who can't back up his talk! Dude, you can't walk the walk.
this is funny ...it clearly says in the document MSMBC is the source ... you couldn't see that ...Why ??? you can't comprehend what you read... then you ask me for a source ... they are the sources all through the article that I posted ... but you couldn't comprehend that too ... so you can go and read it... the information came from the fed... MSMBC just reprinted it you moron ... it was Aired by MSNBC the fed document... but because MSNBC aired it to you is liberal lies ...because you are too ignorant to know how to look it up and disprove it ... we get it you're stupid as lazy ... go look it up yourself and try and prove the fed to be wrong ... I wish there were smarted Maga idiots ... they just don't exist

ahhh the guy who can't back up his talk! Dude, you can't walk the walk.
US Vice President Kamala Harris has received the backing of a group of retired senior military commanders who warn against Donald Trump being returned to the White House.
In the National Security Leaders for America letter, the former generals and admirals write that Harris is the only candidate in the presidential campaign who is suited to be the country's commander-in-chief.
The document signed by 10 retired senior officers described Republican presidential candidate and former president Trump as "a danger to our national security and our democracy."

Washington — Vice President Kamala Harris has seen a growing number of Republicans endorse her in the 2024 election in the days leading up to and following the presidential debate with former President Donald Trump, as the two candidates are locked in a tight race.

Harris and Trump went head-to-head in Philadelphia on Sept. 10, and both candidates had surrogates in the spin room following the matchup, hosted by ABC News. But among those advocating for Harris were two people who worked in the White House for Trump.

Anthony Scaramucci, who had a brief stint as Trump's White House communications director, and Olivia Troye, who was Homeland Security adviser to Vice President Mike Pence, who went to Philadelphia to speak out against the former president, Harris' campaign said.

Scaramucci and Troye are not the only Republicans who have announced their support for Harris, and the Democratic presidential nominee's campaign rolled out "Republicans for Harris" to bolster outreach to GOP voters who oppose Trump.

Several Republicans endorsed Harris at the Democratic National Convention in August, while a group of more than 200 who worked for former Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, as well as Sen. Mitt Romney and the late Sen. John McCain signed onto a letter supporting the Democratic nominee.

Former Rep. Liz Cheney​

Cheney has been one of the most vocal Republican critics of Trump, and she announced her intent to vote for Harris during an event at Duke University on Sept. 4. She represented Wyoming in the House for six years, which included two years in GOP leadership as conference chair before being ousted from the leadership position by pro-Trump Republicans and then defeated by Trump-backed challenger in a primary.
"I don't believe that we have the luxury of writing in candidates' names, particularly in swing states," Cheney said. "As a conservative, as someone who believes in and cares about the Constitution, I have thought deeply about this. And because of the danger that Donald Trump poses, not only am I not voting for Donald Trump, but I will be voting for Kamala Harris."

Former Vice President Dick Cheney​

Former Vice President Dick Cheney attends the Conservative Political Action Conference on Feb. 10, 2011, in Washington. Mark Wilson/Getty Images
The former vice president joined his daughter, Liz Cheney, in announcing his plan to vote for Harris in November. Cheney has a long career in Republican politics, having served four presidents. In addition to being vice president to President George W. Bush, Cheney was secretary of Defense under President George H.W. Bush and White House chief of staff under President Gerald Ford. He represented Wyoming in the House for 10 years.
"In our nation's 248-year history, there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump," he said in a statement on Sept. 6. "He tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him. He can never be trusted with power again. As citizens, we each have a duty to put country above partisanship to defend our Constitution. That is why I will be casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris."

Former Rep. Adam Kinzinger​

Former Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois speaks during the Democratic National Convention on Aug. 22, 2024, in Chicago. J. Scott Applewhite / AP
Like Liz Cheney, Kinzinger has also been one of the most ardent critics of Trump. The former Illinois congressman appeared at the Democratic National Convention on Aug. 22 to urge Republicans to back Harris in November.
"Donald Trump has suffocated the soul of the Republican Party," he said. "His fundamental weakness has coursed through my party like an illness."
Kinzinger delivered a message to GOP voters to "vote for our bedrock values and vote for Kamala Harris."

Stephanie Grisham​

In this 2019 photo, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham listens as President Donald Trump speaks to the media aboard Air Force One. SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images
Grisham was a White House press secretary under Trump and chief of staff to first lady Melania Trump before resigning on Jan. 6, 2021, when a mob of the former president's supporters violently breached the U.S. Capitol. She addressed the Democratic National Convention on its second night and lambasted Trump as having "no empathy, no morals and no fidelity to the truth."
"I love my country more than my party," Grisham said. "Kamala Harris tells the truth. She respects the American people and she has my vote."

Olivia Troye​

Olivia Troye, former national security adviser to former Vice President Mike Pence, speaks at the Democratic National Convention on Aug. 21, 2024 in Chicago. / Getty Images
Troye, who was an adviser to Pence, also addressed the Democratic National Convention to speak out against Trump and voice her support for Harris.
She said the Republican nominee's goal is "to sow doubt and division," and characterized a vote for Harris as a vote for democracy.

"You're not betraying our party," she said of the GOP. "You're standing up for our country."

Anthony Scaramucci​

Anthony Scaramucci, who briefly served as President Trump's White House communications director, speaks during a press briefing at the White House on July 21, 2017. Getty Images
Scaramucci was White House communications director before he was ousted from the role in July 2017 after serving just 11 days. He has since criticized Trump and the GOP, calling it a "Trumpist party" in an interview with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
"Kamala Harris is capable and has a great team," he said in a July social media post.

Former Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan​

Former Lt. Gov. of Georgia Geoff Duncan holds up a wooden coaster he gave to his son that says "Doing the right thing will never be the wrong thing," as he speaks at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago on Aug. 21, 2024. SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images
Duncan was Georgia's lieutenant governor and split with Trump over his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election. He, too, delivered remarks at the Democratic National Convention to urge his fellow Republicans to support Harris in the presidential election.
"To my fellow Republicans at home that want to pivot back toward policy, empathy and tone: You know the right thing to do. Now let's have the courage to do it in November," Duncan said, calling Harris a "steady hand."

Alberto Gonzales​

The former vice president joined his daughter, Liz Cheney, in announcing his plan to vote for Harris in November. Cheney has a long career in Republican politics, having served four presidents. In addition to being vice president to President George W. Bush, Cheney was secretary of Defense under President George H.W. Bush and White House chief of staff under President Gerald Ford. He represented Wyoming in the House for 10 years.

"In our nation's 248-year history, there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump," he said in a statement on Sept. 6. "He tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him. He can never be trusted with power again. As citizens, we each have a duty to put country above partisanship to defend our Constitution. That is why I will be casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris."

Like Liz Cheney, Kinzinger has also been one of the most ardent critics of Trump. The former Illinois congressman appeared at the Democratic National Convention on Aug. 22 to urge Republicans to back Harris in November.

"Donald Trump has suffocated the soul of the Republican Party," he said. "His fundamental weakness has coursed through my party like an illness."

Kinzinger delivered a message to GOP voters to "vote for our bedrock values and vote for Kamala Harris."

Stephanie Grisham​

Grisham was a White House press secretary under Trump and chief of staff to first lady Melania Trump before resigning on Jan. 6, 2021, when a mob of the former president's supporters violently breached the U.S. Capitol. She addressed the Democratic National Convention on its second night and lambasted Trump as having "no empathy, no morals and no fidelity to the truth."

"I love my country more than my party," Grisham said. "Kamala Harris tells the truth. She respects the American people and she has my vote."

Olivia Troye​

Troye, who was an adviser to Pence, also addressed the Democratic National Convention to speak out against Trump and voice her support for Harris.

She said the Republican nominee's goal is "to sow doubt and division," and characterized a vote for Harris as a vote for democracy.

"You're not betraying our party," she said of the GOP. "You're standing up for our country."

Anthony Scaramucci​

Scaramucci was White House communications director before he was ousted from the role in July 2017 after serving just 11 days. He has since criticized Trump and the GOP, calling it a "Trumpist party" in an interview with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

"Kamala Harris is capable and has a great team," he said in a July social media post.

Duncan was Georgia's lieutenant governor and split with Trump over his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election. He, too, delivered remarks at the Democratic National Convention to urge his fellow Republicans to support Harris in the presidential election.

"To my fellow Republicans at home that want to pivot back toward policy, empathy and tone: You know the right thing to do. Now let's have the courage to do it in November," Duncan said, calling Harris a "steady hand."

Alberto Gonzales​

Alberto Gonzales, who served as attorney general in George W. Bush's administration, backed Harris in an op-ed in Politico on Sept. 12.
"As the United States approaches a critical election, I can't sit quietly as Donald Trump — perhaps the most serious threat to the rule of law in a generation — eyes a return to the White House," Gonzales wrote. "For that reason, though I'm a Republican, I've decided to support Kamala Harris for president."

Gonzales added that the "person we elect in November is particularly important" since the "current members of the House of Representatives and the Senate have proven spectacularly incapable or unwilling to check abuses of executive power." Gonzales resigned in 2007 after being accused of lying while under oath and amid a scandal over firing nine U.S. attorneys.
Citing the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, Gonzales said that "power is intoxicating and based on Trump's rhetoric and conduct it appears unlikely that he would respect the power of the presidency in all instances; rather, he would abuse it for personal and political gain, and not on behalf of the American people."

Staff of President Ronald Reagan​

Seventeen former staff members of the late Republican President Ronald Reagan endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris, saying in a joint statement first obtained by CBS News that Reagan, if alive, would have supported Harris.
"President Ronald Reagan famously spoke about a 'Time for Choosing.' While he is not here to experience the current moment, we who worked for him in the White House, in the administration, in campaigns and on his personal staff, know he would join us in supporting the Harris-Walz ticket," the group wrote. "The time for choosing we face today is a choice between integrity and demagoguery, and the choice must be Harris-Walz."
The group explained that their votes in this election "are less about supporting the Democratic Party and more about our resounding support for democracy," while encouraging other Republicans to do the same. Among the group are Ken Adelman, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and U.S. arms control director under Reagan, as well as B. Jay Cooper, the special assistant and deputy press secretary to Reagan, and Pete Souza, the chief White House photographer for both Reagan and Obama.

William Webster​

Former FBI director and CIA director William Webster accompanied by his wife Lynda Webster, who were targeted by a man who peddled a lottery scam over phone calls and emails, speaks during a news conference to address elder financial exploitation and law enforcement actions, at Department of Justice in Washington, Thursday, March 7, 2019. Jose Luis Magana / AP
Webster was CIA and FBI director under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. He signed onto a letter with more than 100 GOP former national security and foreign policy officials who worked in presidential administrations and Congress that announced their support for Harris.
"We expect to disagree with Kamala Harris on many domestic and foreign policy issues, but we believe that she possesses the essential qualities to serve as President and Donald Trump does not. We therefore support her election to be president," the letter states.

John Negroponte​

John Negroponte 60 Minutes
Negroponte was the director of National Intelligence for President George W. Bush. He also signed his name to the letter endorsing Harris from the Republican national security and foreign policy officials.
The letter notes that while the officials respect that many Republicans will back Trump over Harris, their concerns about the vice president "pale in comparison to Donald Trump's demonstrated chaotic and unethical behavior and disregard for our Republic's time-tested principles of constitutional governance."
"His unpredictable nature is not the negotiating virtue he extols," the Republicans said. "To the contrary, in matters of national security, his demeanor invites equally erratic behavior from our adversaries, which irresponsibly threatens reckless and dangerous global consequences."

Former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales speaks about Attorney General William Barr and the Mueller Report during the American Bar Association's (ABA) Young Lawyers Division 2019 Spring Conference, on May 3, 2019 in Washington, D.C. / Getty Images
Alberto Gonzales, who served as attorney general in George W. Bush's administration, backed Harris in an op-ed in Politico on Sept. 12.
"As the United States approaches a critical election, I can't sit quietly as Donald Trump — perhaps the most serious threat to the rule of law in a generation — eyes a return to the White House," Gonzales wrote. "For that reason, though I'm a Republican, I've decided to support Kamala Harris for president."

Gonzales added that the "person we elect in November is particularly important" since the "current members of the House of Representatives and the Senate have proven spectacularly incapable or unwilling to check abuses of executive power." Gonzales resigned in 2007 after being accused of lying while under oath and amid a scandal over firing nine U.S. attorneys.
Citing the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, Gonzales said that "power is intoxicating and based on Trump's rhetoric and conduct it appears unlikely that he would respect the power of the presidency in all instances; rather, he would abuse it for personal and political gain, and not on behalf of the American people."

Seventeen former staff members of the late Republican President Ronald Reagan endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris, saying in a joint statement first obtained by CBS News that Reagan, if alive, would have supported Harris.
"President Ronald Reagan famously spoke about a 'Time for Choosing.' While he is not here to experience the current moment, we who worked for him in the White House, in the administration, in campaigns and on his personal staff, know he would join us in supporting the Harris-Walz ticket," the group wrote. "The time for choosing we face today is a choice between integrity and demagoguery, and the choice must be Harris-Walz."
The group explained that their votes in this election "are less about supporting the Democratic Party and more about our resounding support for democracy," while encouraging other Republicans to do the same. Among the group are Ken Adelman, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and U.S. arms control director under Reagan, as well as B. Jay Cooper, the special assistant and deputy press secretary to Reagan, and Pete Souza, the chief White House photographer for both Reagan and Obama.

William Webster​

Former FBI director and CIA director William Webster accompanied by his wife Lynda Webster, who were targeted by a man who peddled a lottery scam over phone calls and emails, speaks during a news conference to address elder financial exploitation and law enforcement actions, at Department of Justice in Washington, Thursday, March 7, 2019. Jose Luis Magana / AP
Webster was CIA and FBI director under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. He signed onto a letter with more than 100 GOP former national security and foreign policy officials who worked in presidential administrations and Congress that announced their support for Harris.
"We expect to disagree with Kamala Harris on many domestic and foreign policy issues, but we believe that she possesses the essential qualities to serve as President and Donald Trump does not. We therefore support her election to be president," the letter states.

John Negroponte​

JohnNegroponte 60 Minutes
Negroponte was the director of National Intelligence for President George W. Bush. He also signed his name to the letter endorsing Harris from the Republican national security and foreign policy officials.
The letter notes that while the officials respect that many Republicans will back Trump over Harris, their concerns about the vice president "pale in comparison to Donald Trump's demonstrated chaotic and unethical behavior and disregard for our Republic's time-tested principles of constitutional governance."
"His unpredictable nature is not the negotiating virtue he extols," the Republicans said. "To the contrary, in matters of national security, his demeanor invites equally erratic behavior from our adversaries, which irresponsibly threatens reckless and dangerous global consequences."

READ

US Vice President Kamala Harris has received the backing of a group of retired senior military commanders who warn against Donald Trump being returned to the White House.
In the National Security Leaders for America letter, the former generals and admirals write that Harris is the only candidate in the presidential campaign who is suited to be the country's commander-in-chief.
The document signed by 10 retired senior officers described Republican presidential candidate and former president Trump as "a danger to our national security and our democracy."

Washington — Vice President Kamala Harris has seen a growing number of Republicans endorse her in the 2024 election in the days leading up to and following the presidential debate with former President Donald Trump, as the two candidates are locked in a tight race.

Harris and Trump went head-to-head in Philadelphia on Sept. 10, and both candidates had surrogates in the spin room following the matchup, hosted by ABC News. But among those advocating for Harris were two people who worked in the White House for Trump.

Anthony Scaramucci, who had a brief stint as Trump's White House communications director, and Olivia Troye, who was Homeland Security adviser to Vice President Mike Pence, who went to Philadelphia to speak out against the former president, Harris' campaign said.

Scaramucci and Troye are not the only Republicans who have announced their support for Harris, and the Democratic presidential nominee's campaign rolled out "Republicans for Harris" to bolster outreach to GOP voters who oppose Trump.

Several Republicans endorsed Harris at the Democratic National Convention in August, while a group of more than 200 who worked for former Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, as well as Sen. Mitt Romney and the late Sen. John McCain signed onto a letter supporting the Democratic nominee.

Former Rep. Liz Cheney​

Cheney has been one of the most vocal Republican critics of Trump, and she announced her intent to vote for Harris during an event at Duke University on Sept. 4. She represented Wyoming in the House for six years, which included two years in GOP leadership as conference chair before being ousted from the leadership position by pro-Trump Republicans and then defeated by Trump-backed challenger in a primary.
"I don't believe that we have the luxury of writing in candidates' names, particularly in swing states," Cheney said. "As a conservative, as someone who believes in and cares about the Constitution, I have thought deeply about this. And because of the danger that Donald Trump poses, not only am I not voting for Donald Trump, but I will be voting for Kamala Harris."

Former Vice President Dick Cheney​

Former Vice President Dick Cheney attends the Conservative Political Action Conference on Feb. 10, 2011, in Washington. Mark Wilson/Getty Images

Former Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois speaks during the Democratic National Convention on Aug. 22, 2024, in Chicago. J. Scott Applewhite / AP

Stephanie Grisham​

In this 2019 photo, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham listens as President Donald Trump speaks to the media aboard Air Force One. SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images

Olivia Troye​

Olivia Troye, former national security adviser to former Vice President Mike Pence, speaks at the Democratic National Convention on Aug. 21, 2024 in Chicago. / Getty Images

Anthony Scaramucci​

Anthony Scaramucci, who briefly served as President Trump's White House communications director, speaks during a press briefing at the White House on July 21, 2017. Getty Images

Former Lt. Gov. of Georgia Geoff Duncan holds up a wooden coaster he gave to his son that says "Doing the right thing will never be the wrong thing," as he speaks at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago on Aug. 21, 2024. SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images

Alberto Gonzales​

Stephanie Grisham​

Olivia Troye​

Anthony Scaramucci​

Alberto Gonzales​

William Webster​

John Negroponte​

John Negroponte 60 Minutes

Former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales speaks about Attorney General William Barr and the Mueller Report during the American Bar Association's (ABA) Young Lawyers Division 2019 Spring Conference, on May 3, 2019 in Washington, D.C. / Getty Images

William Webster​

John Negroponte​

JohnNegroponte 60 Minutes

READ
deflecting again.

this is funny ...it clearly says in the document MSMBC is the source ... you couldn't see that ...Why ??? you can't comprehend what you read... then you ask me for a source ... they are the sources all through the article that I posted ... but you couldn't comprehend that too ... so you can go and read it... the information came from the fed... MSMBC just reprinted it you moron ... it was Aired by MSNBC the fed document... but because MSNBC aired it to you is liberal lies ...because you are too ignorant to know how to look it up and disprove it ... we get it you're stupid as lazy ... go look it up yourself and try and prove the fed to be wrong ... I wish there were smarted Maga idiots ... they just don't exist
post #398

deflecting again.
where have you been ??? this information is all over the news ... even Fox noise ... which has aired all of these people telling you not to vote for Trump even in political ads and tell you should vote for Harris... are you this secluded from what's going on in the world ???

The Fed doesn't publish the bad info you posted.

Try again liar. Or are you just a moron?

I guess you could be both.
yeah, they do ...Because that's where it came from you're the moron ...you're the liar and most of all the stupid one heres the fed ...

Guess you're looking pretty stupid just about now HUH!!!

If their taxes are raised, they will either pass along that cost to the consumer, lay off workers or a combination of both. They have to remain competitive with other corporations from around the world without such high taxes.

I just can’t understand why Democrats are unable to see the irony of not supporting tariffs and at the same time supporting higher taxes on US corporations. Both initially result in higher costs for the consumer, but the main difference is that tariffs ultimately result in more US based businesses while higher US corporate taxes results in less. It is not complicated, but Democrats just can’t seem to figure it out.

I’m not surprised you have trouble understanding.

Your blob raised tariffs when he oozed into the office.

So corporations with their budgets set for that year and often the next year in advance reacted by importing less. If you were going to import 500 widgets for $500 you budgeted, the tariff made you import 400 widgets for that same $500.

Are you with me so far? I’m pretty sure I lost you when I used that 3 syllable word there. But for those of you who are still around....

Everything was fine until we had a crisis. The effect was people standing in line for everything and empty shelves.

A tax on corporations is one thing. That could affect the supply chain but what it usually affects is things like advertising, overhead, and the like. No supply chain...no sales. What a tariff does is affect the supply chain.

Only a fucking moron would think outsized tariffs are good ideas. Fortunately for the blob, all of his supporters are fucking morons.

You’re welcome.

• Fake News
Reactions: DBA
yeah they do cause thats where it came from you're the moron you're the liar heres the fed

I’m not surprised you have trouble understanding.

Your blob raised tariffs when he oozed into the office.

So corporations with their budgets set for that year and often the next year in advance reacted by importing less. If you were going to import 500 widgets for $500 you budgeted, the tariff made you import 400 widgets for that same $500.

Are you with me so far? I’m pretty sure I lost you when I used that 3 syllable word there. But for those of you who are still around....

Everything was fine until we had a crisis. The effect was people standing in line for everything and empty shelves.

A tax on corporations is one thing. That could affect the supply chain but what it usually affects is things like advertising, overhead, and the like. No supply chain...no sales. What a tariff does is affect the supply chain.

Only a fucking moron would think outsized tariffs are good ideas. Fortunately for the blob, all of his supporters are fucking morons.

You’re welcome.
Are you really this stupid ... China doesn’t pay the initial tariffs — U.S. importers do. In many if not most cases, those costs are passed on to American consumers, whether it’s directly on the products hit by the tariffs or through an impact on U.S. companies who use raw materials hit with tariffs.... your're post has to be the biggest piece of bull shit I've seen in a while ... you mase it into something its not, moron ...

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
yeah, they do ...Because that's where it came from you're the moron ...you're the liar and most of all the stupid one heres the fed ...

Guess you're looking pretty stupid just about now HUH!!!

I'm still waiting for the Fed data comparing apples to apples.

Or did you think your two data points were comparable? LOL!

Forum List

Back