Who pays tariffs?

1727193669433.png

You just got it you moron
In the future when I post something you either point out where it is wrong … why it’s wrong … these little bullshit responses you give here will get no further response from me … it will be saying to me I can’t refute your post so I’m going to attack you intellect … I’m done with your childish responses …either you go back to the original post and point out where I was wrong … if you don’t I will not respond to your childish ways.. you’ve been getting away with this behavior for too long …

Last edited:
See my multiple and lengthy answering of this question.

The U.S treasury takes in the funds. If a company chooses to pass that on to the consumer that is up to them, you as a consumer don't have to buy Made in China.

Tariffs are VERY popular worldwide. Best applied in my opinion to abusive trade nations or to reciprocate their tariff.

Now I am not a big supporter of tariffs except in strategic situations. As a technical reality though, in short, NO, consumers do NOT pay directly for the tariff.
yep-its-going-to-make-everything-more-expensive-v0-ggtdnm5e2tqd1.png

Scenario 1:
  • Foreign product costs $10K. Domestic product costs $12K. Government puts a $3K tariff on the foreign product. More domestic sales occur, but the consumer still pays $2K more.
Scenario 2:
  • Foreign product costs $10K. There is no domestic equivalent. Government puts a $3K tariff on the foreign product. Consumer has to eat the increase.
Scenario 3:
  • Foreign product costs $10K. Domestic product costs $12K. Government puts a $3K tariff on the foreign product. Domestic companies raise their price to $12.9K.

yep-its-going-to-make-everything-more-expensive-v0-ggtdnm5e2tqd1.png

Scenario 1:
  • Foreign product costs $10K. Domestic product costs $12K. Government puts a $3K tariff on the foreign product. More domestic sales occur, but the consumer still pays $2K more.
Scenario 2:
  • Foreign product costs $10K. There is no domestic equivalent. Government puts a $3K tariff on the foreign product. Consumer has to eat the increase.
Scenario 3:
  • Foreign product costs $10K. Domestic product costs $12K. Government puts a $3K tariff on the foreign product. Domestic companies raise their price to $12.9K.
What you missed in your rambling on and on about tariffs … what are you going to do if the Chinese lower there cost to 8.000 then what ?? how are you going to justify tariffs … they have been know to do that …

So you think consumers should get free stuff?yeah
yeah, why not ...corporations get free stuff all the time ... what's good for the goose is good for the gander ... free stuff is good ... oh by the way what is this stuff you call free come from ??? so I can get on the free stuff list too...

yeah, why not ...corporations get free stuff all the time ... what's good for the goose is good for the gander ... free stuff is good ... oh by the way what is this stuff you call free come from ??? so I can get on the free stuff list too...
What free stuff do corporations get?

Bad dodge.

And, end consumers pay for everything, in case you never took a business course.

They should pay triple for buying crap made by slaves.
seems your republican governor Mark Robinson want-a-be, thinks we should have slaves and you are complaining about china ??? why ??? you Republicans are trying to change the law where you too can have slaves ... so whats your problem
Bad dodge.

And, end consumers pay for everything, in case you never took a business course.
so finally learned something ...seems this answer doesn't work for you with the tariff problem of the consumer paying for the tariffs ...that you say they don't pay for ...

oh by the way there are no freebies... nobody gets free stuff everything you get is paid for ... by you and the rest of the taxpayers... even people on welfare are taxed .. seems it is you who needs a course on how business works ...

Forum List

Back