Who was truely to blame for World War One? ( Not the Germans!!)

How would you answer the question?

Btw …. There is a good video with the same title.

Having been raised Jewish for part of my childhood, I grew up with an anti-German bias and had no patience for any excuses offered for Germany's conduct in WW I. I viewed the Kaiser as being an early version of Hitler. I didn't see how anyone could doubt that Germany started WW I.

Now, many years later, after some maturing and a lot of reading, I no longer believe that Germany was to blame for starting WW I. I think Russia, France, and England deserve the bulk of the blame for the outbreak of WW I. I think the best book on the subject is Dr. Sean McMeekin's book July 1914: Countdown to War, which uses previously unknown/unavailable Russian, French, British, and German archival sources. The Russians and the French were especially duplicitous.

Having been raised Jewish for part of my childhood, I grew up with an anti-German bias and had no patience for any excuses offered for Germany's conduct in WW I. I viewed the Kaiser as being an early version of Hitler. I didn't see how anyone could doubt that Germany started WW I.

Now, many years later, after some maturing and a lot of reading, I no longer believe that Germany was to blame for starting WW I. I think Russia, France, and England deserve the bulk of the blame for the outbreak of WW I. I think the best book on the subject is Dr. Sean McMeekin's book July 1914: Countdown to War, which uses previously unknown/unavailable Russian, French, British, and German archival sources. The Russians and the French were especially duplicitous.
Well said!

Germany also wanted …. A place in the sun …

It had something a lot better than old fashioned colonialism and slave economies. Feudal lords mostly are inbred idiots and have zero concept of a world outside of their own vanities.

A thousand years of tribal warfare in Europe. During his presidential campaign Princeton professor Woodrow Wilson promised America's mothers that he would never send their sons to fight in a foreign war and then he sent the Doughboys to fight for France. We had to do it all over again in about 20 years.

A thousand years of tribal warfare in Europe. During his presidential campaign Princeton professor Woodrow Wilson promised America's mothers that he would never send their sons to fight in a foreign war and then he sent the Doughboys to fight for France. We had to do it all over again in about 20 years.

Yes, shit happens when somebody starts torpedoing your ships. I guess you would just drop your pants and bend over and spread your cheeks. that always works, right?

What if wilson had been on Germany.s side?

Let us agree to disagree
About what? You pawned off your thread on some titled video. How your apparently in agreement with its ridiculous premise.

It’s often considered a good ideas to stake out just one position in any discussion if you want to be seen as reasonable.

Thought you should know.

Forum List

Back