Why did the U.S. foreign aid to Liberia dropped so sharply under Obama?

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
https://qz.com/africa/1649900/how-l...d from the U.S., whose,to $86 million in 2018.
I absolutely HATE foreign aid. It's complete bullshit, but if we're stuck doing it, why ignore Liberia?

Of all the countries on earth deserving of U.S. foreign aid, Liberia SHOULD be #1 on the list. It's the country WE established for freed slaves. We owe it to them to keep it supported and better established. What the FUCK???

Seriously. Liberia is not even in the top 10 in Africa, when it comes to U.S. foreign aid. All this "reparations" talk, but apparently aid was cut in 2011 to less than 1/4.

We need an economic growth campaign in Liberia. Give tax breaks to companies who set up manufacturing and service jobs there.

https://qz.com/africa/1649900/how-l...d from the U.S., whose,to $86 million in 2018.
I absolutely HATE foreign aid. It's complete bullshit, but if we're stuck doing it, why ignore Liberia?

Of all the countries on earth deserving of U.S. foreign aid, Liberia SHOULD be #1 on the list. It's the country WE established for freed slaves. We owe it to them to keep it supported and better established. What the FUCK???

Seriously. Liberia is not even in the top 10 in Africa, when it comes to U.S. foreign aid. All this "reparations" talk, but apparently aid was cut in 2011 to less than 1/4.

We need an economic growth campaign in Liberia. Give tax breaks to companies who set up manufacturing and service jobs there.
We should fix the place up and then send all our urban chimps over there.

It can't be done legally...and I doubt they would want our white chimps...

We should fix her up and let that be a realistic option, but anyone who is here and wants to stay....I consider them my brothers.

You mean albino chimps. They get hunted down and killed in South Africa.

And to do it legally, we'll tell them that the only welfare and food stamps are over there from now on.

We should fix her up and let that be a realistic option, but anyone who is here and wants to stay....I consider them my brothers.
We could move our welfare and food stamps programs over there. That would at least get rid of the unproductive chimps.

Yeah, foreign aid is and always has been a contributor to putting the electorate in the poor house. Not much we can do about it since they're stealing it from us at the barrel of our own government's gun.

Doesn't help matters that we have more troops in the middle east now than we did at the beginning of 2016.

Anything to keep the printing press rolling, though. I shoulda went exclusively into the military contractor business. Seems like they make good money. Guaranteed income, really.

Last edited:

You mean albino chimps. They get hunted down and killed in South Africa.

And to do it legally, we'll tell them that the only welfare and food stamps are over there from now on.
I vote you demon of the year..

• Funny
Reactions: Taz
Freed black slaves were happy to be shipped to the newly created African country of Liberia almost 200 years ago to start a new life.
I fail to see why some people think that country is still our responsibility and should continually receive U.S. aid money? ... :cool:

Last edited:
Freed black slaves were happy to be shipped to the newly created African country of Liberia almost 200 years ago to start a new life.
I fail to see why some people think that country is still our responsibility and should continually receive U.S. aid money? ... :cool:
Saudi Arabia receives tons of US aid. How do you like them apples?

Saudi Arabia receives tons of US aid. How do you like them apples?
We need to stop giving Aid money to all foreign countries.
Bottom line, it's the taxpayer's money not the governments. ... :cool:
Why don't you live in Saudi Arabia, don't like their form of Sunni-ism? Too tough for you? They won't let you in without a beard? What? :dunno:

I agree, but those were our slaves. If ANYBODY should get foreign aid (and they should not) shouldn't it be the country we created by our own mistakes?
:dunno:

" Repaired All The Way Back "

* Destination Mother Land *

Liberia has had almost 200 years to get their act together.
It's way past time to cut the apron strings. ... :cool:
Yeah , but when the reparations come through , there has to be somewhere in africa to return them .

Liberia is one of the only countries in Africa that can’t claim at least some degree of their present circumstance is owing to the legacy of European imperialism. Liberia fucked up Liberia all by themselves. When the newly freed slaves from the US established Liberia one of the first things they did was to enslave the local people they found there.

Note that while aid was cut under Obama, no US president has ever done more for the peoples of Africa than George W. Bush.

New Topics

Forum List

Back