Why do leftists abhor the concept of a meritocracy?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Some might argue that leftism and a meritocracy are mutually exclusive ideals, but that is not really the case. There may be conflicting elements that need to be balanced, but by and large the two could definitely coexist. Yet for some reason leftists dismiss the meritocracy concept out of hand at best, and view it as an absolute evil at worst. And I just don't understand why.

Why do leftists abhor the concept of a meritocracy?

The answer's simple. Meritocracy erases their big chip, the handout. And handouts mean votes. Those beholding to you for what you've given them are want to repay you for your gracious generosity and the hope there's more where that came from for them and others like them, including family, friends, etc.

The answer's simple. Meritocracy erases their big chip, the handout. And handouts mean votes. Those beholding to you for what you've given them are want to repay you for your gracious generosity and the hope there's more where that came from for them and others like them, including family, friends, etc.

bingo

That's ridiculous.

Right wingers love average and below. Look at how they've managed their states. Look at Texas, a cesspool with one university in the top 50. Near the bottom in high school graduates and the most polluted state in the nation. Yet right wingers see it as a "stunning success".

In fact, if the Red States weren't supported economically by Blue states, they would all be bankrupt. By taking Federal money from Blue States and propping up Red States economies, you just put that bankruptcy off a little bit longer. Ignorant people don't really contribute unless it's manual labor. Even then, you have to watch them like a hawk.

That's ridiculous.

Right wingers love average and below. Look at how they've managed their states. Look at Texas, a cesspool with one university in the top 50. Near the bottom in high school graduates and the most polluted state in the nation. Yet right wingers see it as a "stunning success".

In fact, if the Red States weren't supported economically by Blue states, they would all be bankrupt. By taking Federal money from Blue States and propping up Red States economies, you just put that bankruptcy off a little bit longer. Ignorant people don't really contribute unless it's manual labor. Even then, you have to watch them like a hawk.

Yes, just look at that leftist paradise California. They have ten million more people, more money being squandered by the government and only TWO universities made it into the top 25 in this rating! Of course my uni is in the top 5!

The List is Out: America's Best Colleges - MonsterCollege

That's ridiculous.

Yes, just look at that leftist paradise California. They have ten million more people, more money being squandered by the government and only TWO universities made it into the top 25 in this rating! Of course my uni is in the top 5!

Only five on the entire list are public universities.

You are referring to corporations here, are you not? For they are the only ones benefitting from ANY of the policies we have in place right now. You certainly aren't going to get rich off of unemployment or SS sustenance living... yet how many BILLIONS are being made (on top of BILLIONS in profits) by corporations' CEO's and execs at our expense?

Farm subsidies
Oil subsidies
Corporate tax loopholes
Unfair taxing of "income"... Love how I am taxed at 35% when I ACTUALLY WORK

That's just a start...

That's ridiculous.

^Thinks mani was talking about mediocrity... :lol:

Something the Left wants to see in Everyone... That they Rule over.

rdean was just Defending it by trying to Deflect it back on the Right. :thup:

:)

peace...

You hear them Screaming Bloody Murder about the Extinction of the "Middle Class", as if that's where everyone should Strive to be in Life...

So why do you Think Liberals have a Love Affair with the Concept of Everyone being Mediocre?...

My Opinion is that it makes the Masses Easier to Rule and Control.

What's yours?

peace...

Why wouldn't someone be screaming about the extinction of the middle class?

The Fed is driving the car, the status quo reps and dems are in the back seat helping out.

The Fed is driving the car, the status quo reps and dems are in the back seat helping out.

Because the Middle Class isn't going Extinct... :thup:

And if I am Setting Goals in Life, as the Left and the Right tend to do in their own Respects, I'm not Setting "Average" as my Goal...

But for Liberals, Mediocrity is almost a Religion.

peace...

And if I am Setting Goals in Life, as the Left and the Right tend to do in their own Respects, I'm not Setting "Average" as my Goal...

peace...

No the middle class is "only" shrinking at an alarming rate.

I'm not going to get into your standard talking point tradeoff you do between party line reps and dems, but I can't think of any reason why everyone of all political backgrounds shouldn't be worried about what's happening economically to the middle class.

peace...

No the middle class is "only" shrinking at an alarming rate.

I'm not going to get into your standard talking point tradeoff you do between party line reps and dems, but I can't think of any reason why everyone of all political backgrounds shouldn't be worried about what's happening economically to the middle class.

We are Experiencing a Generational Retraction like we did from 1978 to 1983...

Only this time it's not the WWII Generation, it's the ME Generation... Their Stoppage is going to Hurt...

Then they will Start Dying Off...

Thinks will Correct, I Promise!

Try not to Kill yourself before 2012 or 13, mmmkay...

It's gonna be OK, kid.

peace...

That's ridiculous.

Only five on the entire list are public universities.

Yes, I noticed that too, color me not surprised!

That's ridiculous.

Texas is not a cesspool.

Rice, UT, and Texas A&M (#1 in Biological/Agricultural Rankings). All are top ranking schools.

I think the high school dropout and graduation numbers are schewed by the illegal immigrants, but I have two children with BS degrees and one with a Masters and the all went to public schools in Texas.

The top 5 most poluted regions are:

Los Angeles-Long Beach-
Riverside, CA
Bakersfield, CA
Fresno-Madera, CA
Visalia-Porterville, CA
Merced, CA

The Houston area comes in 6th.

Texas is by far the largest oil producer in the nation.

Texas also recieves less in federal tax dollars that it's citizens pay to the federal governement.

Furiously Googling, Drock is... :lol:

peace...

Yes furiously googling lol.

Our economy has been shit for over a decade, around 12 years, so I'm not going to downplay the affect it's having on the middle class as you are.

Forum List

Back