Debate Now Why doesn't Trump just say "no more immigration talk until after the Mid Terms?"

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It seems the Democrats (and some Never Trumper, RINO's) are not interested in his Four Pillars, and the GOP don't have enough votes, so why not just wait until after the Mid Terms to deal with it? It's basically the same situation even if the GOP lose seats.

If the Dems happen to get the majority, it will be a change of places and Trump can remind them of their obstruction. If the GOP win, they could possibly pass it all on their own, especially if so many Pro-Trump candidates win.

It would put great pressure on the Democratic candidates during the election campaigns and allow Trump to continue to talk about defending the border, defending the U.S from foreign state trade abusers and remind voters "nobody else is going to stand up against the Status Quo that has harmed America as I will". From all I hear, there is still a great deal of anti-Establishment.

Thoughts?

Update: Hah. I swear to God I didn't even see the tweet, but I just clicked on a Fox News story and it showed this tweet from this morning, it seems Trump agrees. This would force the Democrats to roll the dice that they will win many seats, and the GOP can use this as a campaign for themselves, let the MSM push the separation story, Trump can push the criminal activity and the mass numbers illegally in the U.S:

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1010116816998490113

Republicans should stop wasting their time on Immigration until after we elect more Senators and Congressmen/women in November. Dems are just playing games, have no intention of doing anything to solves this decades old problem. We can pass great legislation after the Red Wave!

7:06 AM - Jun 22, 2018

It seems the Democrats (and some Never Trumper, RINO's) are not interested in his Four Pillars, and the GOP don't have enough votes, so why not just wait until after the Mid Terms to deal with it? It's basically the same situation even if the GOP lose seats.

If the Dems happen to get the majority, it will be a change of places and Trump can remind them of their obstruction. If the GOP win, they could possibly pass it all on their own, especially if so many Pro-Trump candidates win.

It would put great pressure on the Democratic candidates during the election campaigns and allow Trump to continue to talk about defending the border, defending the U.S from foreign state trade abusers and remind voters "nobody else is going to stand up against the Status Quo that has harmed America as I will". From all I hear, there is still a great deal of anti-Establishment.

Thoughts?

Update: Hah. I swear to God I didn't even see the tweet, but I just clicked on a Fox News story and it showed this tweet from this morning, it seems Trump agrees. This would force the Democrats to roll the dice that they will win many seats, and the GOP can use this as a campaign for themselves, let the MSM push the separation story, Trump can push the criminal activity and the mass numbers illegally in the U.S:

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Republicans should stop wasting their time on Immigration until after we elect more Senators and Congressmen/women in November. Dems are just playing games, have no intention of doing anything to solves this decades old problem. We can pass great legislation after the Red Wave!

7:06 AM - Jun 22, 2018
Most saw this coming---both sides need the illegal issue to energize their bases. Trump sees this as a winning issue..so he's going to ride it. This might take some of the heat off the Republicans..they can just be dismissive..and not address the issue on the grounds, "the Democrats aren't serious".

....and they'd be right..the Democrats love the illegal issue--it's caused a lot of attention to be focused an an issue the Left feels is a winner for them.

Forum List

Back