Why God is Unknowable Unless He Reveals Himself

What's the use of an all powerful god that hides from the very creations he is supposed to love?
The answer is most likely in your question. How available are you to those whose only wish is to use you?

The answer is most likely in your question. How available are you to those whose only wish is to use you?
You don't hide from those you say you love.

I know that surely all omnipotent supernatural being knows that too.

You don't hide from those you say you love.
God is hidden, not in hiding. As an example: When you have money or valuables with you, do you carry them in plain sight, or are they hidden? Bet much of the stuff you own is also hidden, but can be easily found or located for those who look.

And those I love often wish to speak to me privately--you might say, in a hidden place.

So he used them.
You make it sound as though you have no family. You can't seem to imagine two or more people with the same goal in mind (say a birthday party) working together. No collaboration...just one using the others?

You make it sound as though you have no family. You can't seem to imagine two or more people with the same goal in mind (say a birthday party) working together. No collaboration...just one using the others?
gods aren't family.

if an all powerful god tells a mere mortal what to do it's hardly a collaboration it's more like the all powerful being telling the mere mortal what to do and there is always an implied "or else" in there too.

God is hidden, not in hiding. As an example: When you have money or valuables with you, do you carry them in plain sight, or are they hidden? Bet much of the stuff you own is also hidden, but can be easily found or located for those who look.

And those I love often wish to speak to me privately--you might say, in a hidden place.
If an all powerful being is hidden then that being is indeed hiding.

gods aren't family.

if an all powerful god tells a mere mortal what to do it's hardly a collaboration it's more like the all powerful being telling the mere mortal what to do and there is always an implied "or else" in there too.
I thought you said God had never spoken to you, so how can you describe it and (by the way since this is the case) how can the description be trusted? On what do you base it?

Actually, there isn't. God honors and very much respects free will. But then, how can you trust me--by your own definition, I am insane. ;)

Why should anyone trust a person that says a god spoke to him ?
(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

Ok, it seems "He" spoke to their judges
):-

Not at all. Right now, there are many people hidden from your view. This does not mean they are hiding. They can be found.
But I can go physically see those people if I want to.
I can call them up and have a conversation

Gods don't talk to people anymore if they ever did.

Forum List

Back