Why must we know elections results immediately?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
One of the Democrats' fatuous arguments is that it might take days or weeks to verify and hand count ballots in order to determine election results. This often occurs in close elections, so what's the problem? It took over a month to decide Bush v. Gore, but what harm was done? There was still another six weeks to go before the inauguration. Why are Democrats so opposed to vote verification?

One of the Democrats' fatuous arguments is that it might take days or weeks to verify and hand count ballots in order to determine election results. This often occurs in close elections, so what's the problem? It took over a month to decide Bush v. Gore, but what harm was done? There was still another six weeks to go before the inauguration. Why are Democrats so opposed to vote verification?
They need the extra time to figure out how many votes need to be manufactured.

What harm. Millions of dollars were wasted on that election, not by the campaign, but the constant whining by Gore that the election was stolen from him. I think there were 7 HANGING CHAD recounts with the supreme court finally making the final decision.

What harm. Millions of dollars were wasted on that election, not by the campaign, but the constant whining by Gore that the election was stolen from him. I think there were 7 HANGING CHAD recounts with the supreme court finally making the final decision.
sheeeesh I almost forgot about the hanging chad bullshit----SHEEESH it kinda ---sorta---exonerates Trump---he can plead
SELECTIVE DENIGRATION

Last edited:
Given we have suffered through this shit for better than a year I'd like to know ASAP, not a month later.

Hell, I voted today so now I'll have to wait two months?
So the speed of announcing the vote is more important than verifying the vote?

With the technology available, including AI, there should be absolutely no reason ballots cannot be tabulated quickly. To put things into perspective, the USPS processes an average of 319M pieces of mail per day and India, with 612 million voters in its 2024 general election, were able to tabulate results within hours of polls closing.

It's all bullshit that the United States can't produce similar results using the technology advancements available.

Last edited:
So the speed of announcing the vote is more important than verifying the vote?
When i was a lot younger, and i voted for the first time for Gerald Ford, that night i found out that the peanut farmer from Ga, won the election. No we didnt have to wait days or weeks, we knew that night, the 3rd worst president got elected. Maybe we need to go back to the old days of elections, you show up, you cast your vote, unless you are military, then you get mail in, but everyone else, do it the right way, and show an ID, like i did.

Yes, it speaks to the efficiency of the voting system.....Why give the dems time to produce votes?
uhm----'haste makes waste' <<< or something like that----the possibility of hanky panky must be considered and probably
take time

WTF is this shit?

It's you whack-jobs who wanted all the votes counted on election night.

Did you hit your head or OD or something?

Forum List

Back