Why Trump Shouldn't Be Impeached?? Because Bush Wasn't??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Trump in 2008: It'd be 'wonderful' if Pelosi impeached Bush over Iraq - CNNPolitics

If we treat impeachment on a case by case basis, then yes, Trump should be impeached....but if we treat impeachment by what we feel other presidents got away with, then compared to those things, Trump shouldn't be impeached. -- If Reagan can start an illegal war in Central America, sell weapons to Iran as a way to help pay for that illegal war -- and he not be impeached -- then Trump shouldn't be impeached.

However, Trumpers have absolutely jumped the shark in their defense of their cult leader by claiming -- if Bush wasn't impeached for lying us into Iraq, Trump shouldn't be impeached....really?? Now you want to admit Bush lied and people died??

"President Donald Trump has fulminated over House Democrats' impeachment efforts -- and repeatedly taken aim at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi -- though in 2008, he suggested it would have been "a wonderful thing" had the speaker pursued impeachment against then-President George W. Bush over the Iraq War. In an October 2008 interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Trump said 'When she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I'm very impressed by her. I think she's a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost -- it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which personally I think would've been a wonderful thing,"

I remember the lead up to the war in Iraq, I remember the years immediately after the war in Iraq -- I remember being called a terrorist and a traitor for being against going into Iraq and being skeptical about the line being pushed that Iraq was behind 9/11 and how Iraq had nukes...I remember people worshiping Bush just like they now worship Trump -- I remember people saying "if you are against Bush and this Iraq War, you are against America" -- I knew such cult worship wasn't going to age well for Bush supporters -- and here we are -- former Bush supporters, too ashamed to admit they were once Bushees, now pretending they were against Iraq all along -- all because of their cult worship of Trump...and that isn't going to age well either....

As much as Trump and I wanted Pelosi to impeach Bush -- she didn't because of this desire to "turn the page" -- and this fear of being labeled "weak on terror" by the republican smear machine....also because she knew that republicans would have fought her tooth and nail against it and would have justified that war, and she knew they would ignore reality and claim Saddam was behind 9/11 -- because republicans are experts at denying reality....Some probably still claim Saddam was behind 9/11 -- just not in public..

The weakness of Nancy Pelosi and democrats is why they didn't impeach Bush -- If I had it my way, I would have impeached Bush -- without a second thought...why?? Because all of those folks who would have been against me, calling me a traitor, trying defend that Iraq War fuck up -- where are they now??

Trump in 2008: It'd be 'wonderful' if Pelosi impeached Bush over Iraq - CNNPolitics

If we treat impeachment on a case by case basis, then yes, Trump should be impeached....but if we treat impeachment by what we feel other presidents got away with, then compared to those things, Trump shouldn't be impeached. -- If Reagan can start an illegal war in Central America, sell weapons to Iran as a way to help pay for that illegal war -- and he not be impeached -- then Trump shouldn't be impeached.

However, Trumpers have absolutely jumped the shark in their defense of their cult leader by claiming -- if Bush wasn't impeached for lying us into Iraq, Trump shouldn't be impeached....really?? Now you want to admit Bush lied and people died??

"President Donald Trump has fulminated over House Democrats' impeachment efforts -- and repeatedly taken aim at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi -- though in 2008, he suggested it would have been "a wonderful thing" had the speaker pursued impeachment against then-President George W. Bush over the Iraq War. In an October 2008 interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Trump said 'When she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I'm very impressed by her. I think she's a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost -- it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which personally I think would've been a wonderful thing,"

I remember the lead up to the war in Iraq, I remember the years immediately after the war in Iraq -- I remember being called a terrorist and a traitor for being against going into Iraq and being skeptical about the line being pushed that Iraq was behind 9/11 and how Iraq had nukes...I remember people worshiping Bush just like they now worship Trump -- I remember people saying "if you are against Bush and this Iraq War, you are against America" -- I knew such cult worship wasn't going to age well for Bush supporters -- and here we are -- former Bush supporters, too ashamed to admit they were once Bushees, now pretending they were against Iraq all along -- all because of their cult worship of Trump...and that isn't going to age well either....

As much as Trump and I wanted Pelosi to impeach Bush -- she didn't because of this desire to "turn the page" -- and this fear of being labeled "weak on terror" by the republican smear machine....also because she knew that republicans would have fought her tooth and nail against it and would have justified that war, and she knew they would ignore reality and claim Saddam was behind 9/11 -- because republicans are experts at denying reality....Some probably still claim Saddam was behind 9/11 -- just not in public..

The weakness of Nancy Pelosi and democrats is why they didn't impeach Bush -- If I had it my way, I would have impeached Bush -- without a second thought...why?? Because all of those folks who would have been against me, calling me a traitor, trying defend that Iraq War fuck up -- where are they now??
I was never a supporter of Bush or his Iraqi war. I was OK with Afghanistan initially but consider Bush the worst President of my lifetime for his invasion of Iraq and the harm it did to America. That being said, I don't think he should have been impeached. Whatever his policies, I never felt he did anything for his personal benefit. I don't feel the same about Trump and do feel he should be removed from office for the good of the country AND for the good of the GOP.

Maybe Obama should have been impeached for using the IRS to attack his opponents, lying to the America about the cause of Ben Ghazi, Fast and Furious, and a dozen more legitimate reasons to impeach the piece of shit.

Maybe Obama should have been impeached for using the IRS to attack his opponents, lying to the America about the cause of Ben Ghazi, Fast and Furious, and a dozen more legitimate reasons to impeach the piece of shit.
There were 8 or 9 different Benghazi investigations, 2 Fast and Furious investigations, multiple IRS investigations....

all of these investigations lead by Republicans.....and all of them cleared Obama....

NOT ONE SINGLE SOLITARY INDICTMENT to anyone....zilch, zero, nada!!

Why are Republicans so weak and pathetic that Obama beats them every time??

f we treat impeachment on a case by case basis, then yes, Trump should be impeached....but if we treat impeachment by what we feel other presidents got away with, then compared to those things, Trump shouldn't be impeached. -- If Reagan can start an illegal war in Central America, sell weapons to Iran as a way to help pay for that illegal war -- and he not be impeached -- then Trump shouldn't be impeached.
There are some fairly convincing arguments in support of the case every US president since the end of WWII did something to deserve impeachment:

The Impeachment's Moral Hypocrisy

"If the Democrats and the Republicans were committed to defending the Constitution why didn’t they impeach George W. Bush when he launched two illegal wars that were never declared by Congress as demanded by the Constitution?

"Why didn’t they impeach Bush when he authorized placing the entire U.S. public under government surveillance in direct violation of the Fourth Amendment?

"Why didn’t they impeach Bush when he authorized torture along with kidnapping terrorist suspects around the world and holding them for years in our black sites and offshore penal colonies?

"Why didn’t they impeach Barack Obama when he expanded these illegal wars to 11, if we count Yemen?

"Why didn’t they impeach Obama when Edward Snowden revealed that our intelligence agencies are monitoring and spying on almost every citizen and downloading our data and metrics into government computers where they will be stored for perpetuity?

"Why didn’t they impeach Obama when he misused the 2002 Authorization for Use of Military Force to erase due process and give the executive branch of government the right to act as judge, jury and executioner in assassinating U.S. citizens, starting with the radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki and, two weeks later, his 16-year-old son?"

Presidents have traditionally gotten away with wars, which I don't think is moral, but...

...Trump has supported all kinds of sketchy people according to his business deals, attempted to mess up lots of treaties and attacked all kinds of American institutions. And his lying puts most politicians to shame, he lies more than anyone else in the "Free World", which is losing its usage as well because of him.

No, war is not right, but neither is absolute corruption.

Also, because this is what this thread is about:

There were 8 or 9 different Benghazi investigations, 2 Fast and Furious investigations, multiple IRS investigations....

all of these investigations lead by Republicans.....and all of them cleared Obama....

No actually the attorney general was a co conspirator and did not appoint an independent investigator, and the GOP weren't treasonous as are the Dems and their leadership are today.

No actually the attorney general was a co conspirator and did not appoint an independent investigator, and the GOP weren't treasonous as are the Dems and their leadership are today.
No, he wasn't a co-conspirator.....you have him mixed up with Bill Barr...

Speaking of co-conspirator......do you know that Trump is the only sitting president named as a co-conspirator in a federal felony conviction in US history??

Yea, I think it had something to do with why his long time lawyer is sitting in jail right now....

I wonder how many seizures you would have had if Obama's long time lawyer went to prison while naming Obama as his co-conspirator......

Speaking of co-conspirator......do you know that Trump is the only sitting president named as a co-conspirator in a federal felony conviction in US history??

Yea, I think it had something to do with why his long time lawyer is sitting in jail right now....

I wonder how many seizures you would have had if Obama's long time lawyer went to prison while naming Obama as his co-conspirator......
Why else wouldn't they investigate why the IRS went after leaders of the opposition during an election year, and then Lynch meeting privately with Bill Clinton, the spouse of a Democratic candidate for president under investigation during an election year, privately on the tarmac of an airport. That really beat the cake when it comes to corruption and "high crimes" and "election tampering". But to holier than thou Dems, a Lefty cannot to any wrong.

No, because Obama wasn’t for FAST AND FURIOUS.

Talk about a reason to be impeached? Holy shit.

Why else wouldn't they investigate why the IRS went after leaders of the opposition during an election year, and then Lynch meeting privately with Bill Clinton, the spouse of a Democratic candidate for president under investigation during an election year, privately on the tarmac of an airport. That really beat the cake when it comes to corruption and "high crimes" and "election tampering". But to holier than thou Dems, a Lefty cannot to any wrong.
Remember when I told you that republicans had dozens of investigations into everything Obama did??

Remember when I told you that NONE OF THOSE INVESTIGATIONS produced one indictment, remember when I told you that NONE OF THOSE INVESTIGATIONS cited Obama for any criminal wrongdoings??

Now either you are saying the Republicans were under Obama's control or Republicans are just weak....fine, if that helps you sleep better....

But now Trump is president....Bill Barr is the Attorney General....why don't "THEY" investigate all of this crime you are talking about??

I know it triggers you to have to come to terms with the fact that the black guy is innocent....

Did you ask the Republicans why their investigations into Fast & Furious cleared Obama and his administration of wrong doing??

Because Pubs are reckless and corrupt.

How did they find his admin clear of any wrongdoing? Holder refused to turn over documents to congress and he was held in contempt and Pbama asserted executive privilege. How the fuck is that “clear of any wrong doing”?

Why are you rewriting history? Educate yourself. This shit was still in dispute until May 2019.

Operation Fast and Furious Fast Facts - CNN

(CNN)Here's a look at Operation Fast and Furious. From 2009-2011, the Phoenix Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), along with other partners, allowed illegal gun sales in order to track the sellers and purchasers, who were believed to be connected to Mexican drug cartels.

Facts:
During the Fast and Furious investigation, nearly 2,000 firearms were illegally purchased for $1.5 million, according to a DOJ inspector General report. Hundreds of guns were later recovered in the United States and Mexico.
In 2010, two of the weapons linked to Fast and Furious turned up near the scene of the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in the Arizona desert.
Whistleblowing led to investigations by the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. During the House investigation, Attorney General Eric Holder was cited for contempt.

Fast and Furious was one of the operations under Project Gunrunner, part of the Department of Justice's broader National Southwest Border Counternarcotics Strategy.
Operation Fast and Furious was not the ATF's first "gun walking" investigation, which allowed illegally purchased firearms to "walk" out of gun shops. It was preceded by Operation Wide Receiver, which began in 2006.
Timeline:
October 31, 2009 - Phoenix-based ATF agents get a tip from a local gun shop about suspicious purchases of assault rifles by four individuals. The agents begin investigating whether the individuals were "straw purchasers" working for a large-scale illegal gun trafficking organization. The probe later comes to be known as Operation Fast and Furious.
December 14, 2010 - Terry is killed during a shootout in the Arizona desert. Four of the men involved in the shootout are later convicted of murder. Two other associates are later charged with conspiracy and firearms offenses in connection with the killing. The last suspect is arrested in 2017.
January 25, 2011 - The US Attorney's office in Arizona announces that 34 suspects have been indicted for firearms trafficking from the United States to Mexico. The DOJ inspector general later reports that 20 of the defendants were caught via Fast and Furious.
January 27, 2011 - Senator Chuck Grassley of the Senate Judiciary Committee sends a letter to Kenneth Melson, acting director of the ATF, regarding the agency's firearms trafficking investigation and allegations that the ATF allowed hundreds of assault weapons to be smuggled to Mexico. He notes that two of the guns may have been used by Terry's killers.
March 3, 2011 - Melson announces the formation of a panel to "review the bureau's current firearms trafficking strategies employed by field division managers and special agents."
April 1, 2011 - The House Oversight Committee issues a subpoena for ATF documents.
May 3, 2011 - Holder testifies before the House Judiciary Committee. He says that he first heard of Fast and Furious only over the past few weeks.
June 2011 - Whistleblowers testify on Capitol Hill.
July 12, 2011 - Sources tell CNN that an estimated 1,400 weapons were lost by the ATF.
July 26, 2011 - The House Oversight Committee holds a second hearing.
August 30, 2011 - The DOJ removes Melson as acting director of the ATF and he is reassigned to the Office of Legal Policy. B. Todd Jones takes Melson's place as acting director of the ATF.
October 12, 2011 - The House Oversight Committee issues a subpoena for communications from Holder and other DOJ officials related to the federal gunrunning operation.
November 8, 2011 - Holder testifies before the Senate Judiciary Committee. "This operation was flawed in its concept and flawed in its execution.," he says.
February 1, 2012 - Terry's family files a $25 million wrongful death lawsuit in federal court. The lawsuit is later dismissed.
February 2, 2012 - Holder testifies before the House Oversight Committee. He says that DOJ officials will be held accountable for Fast and Furious.
June 12, 2012 - Holder rejects calls for his resignation from Republicans during a House Oversight Committee hearing.
June 20, 2012 - Republicans on the House Oversight Committee recommend that Holder be cited for contempt of Congress for failing to turn over documents relating to Fast and Furious. They make the recommendation after President Barack Obamaasserts executive privilege over some documents sought by the committee.
June 28, 2012 - The House of Representatives votes 255-67 to hold Holder in criminal contempt of Congress. This is the first time in American history that the head of the Justice Department has been held in contempt by Congress.
July 6, 2012 - The White House and the DOJ announce that Holder will not face criminal prosecution under the contempt of Congress citation.
July 31, 2012 - The first of a three-part joint Congressional report is released. The report prompts the resignation of William Hoover, the deputy director of the ATF.
August 13, 2012 - The House Oversight Committee files a civil lawsuit against Holder over Fast and Furious documents. On January 19, 2016, a federal judge orders the DOJ to release thousands of pages of documents.
September 19, 2012 - The DOJ Inspector General releases a report on the operation, concluding that Holder was not informed of Fast and Furious until 2011.The inspector general finds 14 employees of the ATF and the DOJ responsible for management failures. After the report is released, Melson retires and a deputy assistant attorney general resigns.
October 29, 2012 - The second part of a three-part joint Congressional report is released.
December 12, 2012 - The DOJ announces that a gun trafficker, Jaime Avila has been sentenced to 57 months in prison for his role in buying weapons that were found at the site of Terry's shooting death.
February 10, 2014 - Manuel Osorio-Arellanes is sentenced to 30 years in prison for first-degree murder, in connection with Terry's death.
November 3, 2014 - Under court order, the Justice Department turns over nearly 65,000 pages of Fast and Furious-related documents. The documents were previously withheld under the Obama administration's claim of executive privilege.
October 1, 2015 - Two additional suspects in Terry's death, Jesus Leonel Sanchez-Meza and Ivan Soto-Barraza, are found guilty of first-degree murder and other charges. They later receive life sentences.
April 8, 2016 - The DOJ releases additional documents pertaining to Fast and Furious, as ordered by a federal judge.
April 12, 2017 - Heraclio Osorio-Arellanes, a fugitive cartel member wanted in connection with Terry's death, is arrested in Mexico. He is later found guilty of first-degree murder and other charges.
June 7, 2017 - The third part of the Congressional report is published.
October 2017 - Jesus Rosario Favela-Astorga, the last of seven suspects wanted in connection with Terry's death, is arrested in Mexico.
May 8, 2019 - The House and the Justice Department announce to a federal appeals court that they reached a settlement in the Operation Fast and Furious court case on April 10, 2019. In the deal, both sides state that they are abandoning their appeals and lawsuit despite disagreeing with the prior court's orders.

So, a murderer gets away with it & we should stop prosecuting murderers.

This is the "But johnny's parent bought him a knife" as a reason to give your 7 year old a hunting knife.

Bush lied by cherry picking intel but he went to Congress for the authority to invade Iraq to only use as a big stick and would only do it as a last resort. Congress said OK. Bush started moving troops.

Is that impeachable? To present your side & then get authority? Probably not.

Did you ask the Republicans why their investigations into Fast & Furious cleared Obama and his administration of wrong doing??

How did they find his admin clear of any wrongdoing? Holder refused to turn over documents to congress and he was held in contempt and Pbama asserted executive privilege. How the fuck is that “clear of any wrong doing”?

Why are you rewriting history? Educate yourself. This shit was still in dispute until May 2019.

(CNN)Here's a look at Operation Fast and Furious. From 2009-2011, the Phoenix Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), along with other partners, allowed illegal gun sales in order to track the sellers and purchasers, who were believed to be connected to Mexican drug cartels.

Facts:
During the Fast and Furious investigation, nearly 2,000 firearms were illegally purchased for $1.5 million, according to a DOJ inspector General report. Hundreds of guns were later recovered in the United States and Mexico.
In 2010, two of the weapons linked to Fast and Furious turned up near the scene of the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in the Arizona desert.
Whistleblowing led to investigations by the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. During the House investigation, Attorney General Eric Holder was cited for contempt.

Fast and Furious was one of the operations under Project Gunrunner, part of the Department of Justice's broader National Southwest Border Counternarcotics Strategy.
Operation Fast and Furious was not the ATF's first "gun walking" investigation, which allowed illegally purchased firearms to "walk" out of gun shops. It was preceded by Operation Wide Receiver, which began in 2006.
Timeline:
October 31, 2009 - Phoenix-based ATF agents get a tip from a local gun shop about suspicious purchases of assault rifles by four individuals. The agents begin investigating whether the individuals were "straw purchasers" working for a large-scale illegal gun trafficking organization. The probe later comes to be known as Operation Fast and Furious.
December 14, 2010 - Terry is killed during a shootout in the Arizona desert. Four of the men involved in the shootout are later convicted of murder. Two other associates are later charged with conspiracy and firearms offenses in connection with the killing. The last suspect is arrested in 2017.
January 25, 2011 - The US Attorney's office in Arizona announces that 34 suspects have been indicted for firearms trafficking from the United States to Mexico. The DOJ inspector general later reports that 20 of the defendants were caught via Fast and Furious.
January 27, 2011 - Senator Chuck Grassley of the Senate Judiciary Committee sends a letter to Kenneth Melson, acting director of the ATF, regarding the agency's firearms trafficking investigation and allegations that the ATF allowed hundreds of assault weapons to be smuggled to Mexico. He notes that two of the guns may have been used by Terry's killers.
March 3, 2011 - Melson announces the formation of a panel to "review the bureau's current firearms trafficking strategies employed by field division managers and special agents."
April 1, 2011 - The House Oversight Committee issues a subpoena for ATF documents.
May 3, 2011 - Holder testifies before the House Judiciary Committee. He says that he first heard of Fast and Furious only over the past few weeks.
July 12, 2011 - Sources tell CNN that an estimated 1,400 weapons were lost by the ATF.
August 30, 2011 - The DOJ removes Melson as acting director of the ATF and he is reassigned to the Office of Legal Policy. B. Todd Jones takes Melson's place as acting director of the ATF.
October 12, 2011 - The House Oversight Committee issues a subpoena for communications from Holder and other DOJ officials related to the federal gunrunning operation.
November 8, 2011 - Holder testifies before the Senate Judiciary Committee. "This operation was flawed in its concept and flawed in its execution.," he says.
February 1, 2012 - Terry's family files a $25 million wrongful death lawsuit in federal court. The lawsuit is later dismissed.
February 2, 2012 - Holder testifies before the House Oversight Committee. He says that DOJ officials will be held accountable for Fast and Furious.
June 12, 2012 - Holder rejects calls for his resignation from Republicans during a House Oversight Committee hearing.
June 20, 2012 - Republicans on the House Oversight Committee recommend that Holder be cited for contempt of Congress for failing to turn over documents relating to Fast and Furious. They make the recommendation after President Barack Obamaasserts executive privilege over some documents sought by the committee.
June 28, 2012 - The House of Representatives votes 255-67 to hold Holder in criminal contempt of Congress. This is the first time in American history that the head of the Justice Department has been held in contempt by Congress.
July 6, 2012 - The White House and the DOJ announce that Holder will not face criminal prosecution under the contempt of Congress citation.
July 31, 2012 - The first of a three-part joint Congressional report is released. The report prompts the resignation of William Hoover, the deputy director of the ATF.
August 13, 2012 - The House Oversight Committee files a civil lawsuit against Holder over Fast and Furious documents. On January 19, 2016, a federal judge orders the DOJ to release thousands of pages of documents.
September 19, 2012 - The DOJ Inspector General releases a report on the operation, concluding that Holder was not informed of Fast and Furious until 2011.The inspector general finds 14 employees of the ATF and the DOJ responsible for management failures. After the report is released, Melson retires and a deputy assistant attorney general resigns.
October 29, 2012 - The second part of a three-part joint Congressional report is released.
December 12, 2012 - The DOJ announces that a gun trafficker, Jaime Avila has been sentenced to 57 months in prison for his role in buying weapons that were found at the site of Terry's shooting death.
February 10, 2014 - Manuel Osorio-Arellanes is sentenced to 30 years in prison for first-degree murder, in connection with Terry's death.
November 3, 2014 - Under court order, the Justice Department turns over nearly 65,000 pages of Fast and Furious-related documents. The documents were previously withheld under the Obama administration's claim of executive privilege.
October 1, 2015 - Two additional suspects in Terry's death, Jesus Leonel Sanchez-Meza and Ivan Soto-Barraza, are found guilty of first-degree murder and other charges. They later receive life sentences.
April 8, 2016 - The DOJ releases additional documents pertaining to Fast and Furious, as ordered by a federal judge.
April 12, 2017 - Heraclio Osorio-Arellanes, a fugitive cartel member wanted in connection with Terry's death, is arrested in Mexico. He is later found guilty of first-degree murder and other charges.
October 2017 - Jesus Rosario Favela-Astorga, the last of seven suspects wanted in connection with Terry's death, is arrested in Mexico.
May 8, 2019 - The House and the Justice Department announce to a federal appeals court that they reached a settlement in the Operation Fast and Furious court case on April 10, 2019. In the deal, both sides state that they are abandoning their appeals and lawsuit despite disagreeing with the prior court's orders.
So it was that office that screwed up. Running a stupid program is not illegal.

Facts:

Timeline:
So it was that office that screwed up. Running a stupid program is not illegal.

I love how you Liberal fucks play the “incompetent, not corrupt” card as much as you play the “RACIST”! And “RUSSIA”!

Just STFU.

Incompetence is not an excuse to not be impeached.

Obama asserted executive privilege and Holder was held in contempt of Congress. That’s abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

Forum List

Back