Will the New York appeals court rule for Engeron ($454m) or Trump ($0m)? (Poll)

Will the NY appeals court overturn Engeron's $454m fine against Trump?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Partially, keeping a small token fine

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Looks like Letitia James' and Judge Engeron's "Lawfare" against Trump will (thankfully) be overturned by the NY appeals court.

Takeaways from the NY court hearing on Trump’s $454 million civil fraud judgment appeal​

Appeals Court Questions Trump’s ‘Troubling’ $450 Million Fine In Civil Fraud Case​

I hope the case gets overturned. I believe it will.

Looks like Letitia James' and Judge Engeron's "Lawfare" against Trump will (thankfully) be overturned by the NY appeals court.

Takeaways from the NY court hearing on Trump’s $454 million civil fraud judgment appeal​

Appeals Court Questions Trump’s ‘Troubling’ $450 Million Fine In Civil Fraud Case​

I hope the case gets overturned. I believe it will.
It will keep a huge amount. There probably will be a large drop. The amount left that Trump will have to pay, is so far above, what you or I could possibly ever pay would be staggering. It is an will be a message to Trump and others, operating under New York Law, the benefits of this kind of fraud, are far outweighed by the costs of consequences if caught.

New York is a lawless state, it will probably have to go to federal courts to be overturned.

But this kind of excessive fine is definitely not allow according to the 8th Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

NYT: Appeals Court Suuuuure Sounds Skeptical About Leticia James' Lawfare on Trump

Justice Friedman, who appeared the most skeptical of the case, asked Ms. Vale to identify any other case in which the attorney general’s office had sued “to upset a private business transaction that was between equally sophisticated partners.”

Before she could respond, Dianne T. Renwick, the court’s presiding justice, who generally seemed supportive of the case, added her own question. “And little to no impact on the public marketplace?” she asked.

“That hardly seems that it justifies bringing an action to protect Deutsche Bank against President Trump,” he said, adding: “You’ve got two really sophisticated parties in which no one lost any money.”

Why would an appeals court slap down a judge who made no errors in his trial?

You people have no clue.

Excessive fines are unconstitutional, I'd call that an "error".

Just like if a court ordered Steve Bannon to be drawn and quartered as libs would like.

It will keep a huge amount. There probably will be a large drop. The amount left that Trump will have to pay, is so far above, what you or I could possibly ever pay would be staggering. It is an will be a message to Trump and others, operating under New York Law, the benefits of this kind of fraud, are far outweighed by the costs of consequences if caught.
OK, so if you are right Trump will still object to the "excessive fine" and keep appealing up the Federal chain to the USSC if needed.

OK, so if you are right Trump will still object to the "excessive fine" and keep appealing up the Federal chain to the USSC if needed.
I am sure he will. You or I would also appeal, and would be stupid, not to. Can you imagine taking a legal action in your defense, that would save you one hundred million plus? Cost/possible benefit analysis would require it. Will he come out, unscathed? Not a chance on earth.

But that's a good thing because Orange Man Bad, right?

But that's a good thing because Orange Man Bad, right?
I would wish the same for anyone. He brought it on himself, so I have no pity. Even if he paid off the total, next week, he would still be a huge multimillionaire. He made his choices, and now can deal with the consequences.

New York is a lawless state, it will probably have to go to federal courts to be overturned.

But this kind of excessive fine is definitely not allow according to the 8th Amendment in the Bill of Rights.
By their questioning, the Appeals court clearly understands the concerns of business. If this is allowed to stand, a partisan AG would have the power to step in and fuck over any and every business transaction in the state if s/he doesn't like one of the parties.

LOL

I would wish the same for anyone. He brought it on himself, so I have no pity. Even if he paid off the total, next week, he would still be a huge multimillionaire. He made his choices, and now can deal with the consequences.

Sure you do

I am sure he will. You or I would also appeal, and would be stupid, not to. Can you imagine taking a legal action in your defense, that would save you one hundred million plus? Cost/possible benefit analysis would require it. Will he come out, unscathed? Not a chance on earth.
I'll take that bet

Exclusive | New York loses 10 billionaires in four years as magnates flee for Florida
New York has lost 10 billionaires in the last four years — three of whom fled to Florida — leaving tax coffers lighter by tens of millions of dollars annually.

This year 62 New York-based billionaires appeared on the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest Americans, compared to 72 in 2019 and 65 last year.
Since it has been proven that in New Pork City, you can actually indict a ham sandwich, many feel that being a rich man/woman in New Pork now has a target on your back. Plenty of tax revenues are now residing in the Sunshine State, so what is next, a tax when you leave, like they did in Californication? If you still live in New Pork, you deserve all the misery the Marxists want to do to you.

He brought it on himself? How about the Democrat Congress who used US tax dollars, with congressional checks paid hush monies to women that were abused by the Democrats? But then i should expect you not to remember that, because it was quite a few years ago, like Donald J. Trumps supposed hush money payments...

Without double standards, lefties would have no standards at all.

Yep.

Forum List

Back