Woman Fights Bear To Save Dogs

She stunned that bear with her fast approach and didn't give it time to react.

That or people handed it picnic baskets before and it was expecting one

The woman was lucky. She was a fool. She should have picked up a small chair, table or pole first and used that to keep her distance from the bear. Bears with cubs are very dangerous.

While I admire her courage, as well as the fact that the only injury she sustained was a sprained finger, I still think it was foolish as hell. Mother bears with cubs are EXTREMELY dangerous, and she was lucky that it turned out like it did.

I remember camping out in the Scouts when I was a kid, and we saw a momma bear about halfway up the hill with her 2 cubs. Bears have shorter front legs than back legs, so charging us down the hill wasn't something that she was going to do. However, she did sidehill us for around 1/2 a mile to make sure her cubs were protected.

Actually, and this is for real, my sisters dog just got killed by a black bear 6 days ago. That dog was always chasing bears around the mountain. And I told my sister a long time ago, what happens when your dog finally catches one of those bears? Now we know. But no matter how much my sister loved her dog, she wouldn't have done what the lady in the video did, and I'm glad about that.

Actually, and this is for real, my sisters dog just got killed by a black bear 6 days ago. That dog was always chasing bears around the mountain. And I told my sister a long time ago, what happens when your dog finally catches one of those bears? Now we know. But no matter how much my sister loved her dog, she wouldn't have done what the lady in the video did, and I'm glad about that.

What's really sad is that had the girl thought at all, there was a pile of concrete blocks just a few feet from the bear. Had she picked up and thrown/hit the bear with one of those instead of her hands, not only would it have kept her at a safer distance, but I guarantee you it would have gotten the bear's full attention and respect.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 6.49.18 PM.png

Wild animals inside city limits are WAY out of their territory. They don't know whats what, all they are doing is looking for food and water, or possibly someplace to hide.

It's not a difficult task to study the wildlife in your area, regardless of whether you have/will ever see a wild animal in person. I know the basics of pretty much all the standard protocols for most of the wild animals that venture outside of their habitat areas.

For this woman, that was a small brown bear. Sure the bear has more power and some sharp claws, but like I said, it doesn't know the terrain or territory like the woman does. The bear wasn't swiping to kill the dogs, it was swiping to keep them away from her baby......more or less an authoritarian posture.

I've come in contact with some wild creatures before, nothing like the size of a bear, but I'm not scared of them. I talk to them in a calm voice, stand still and let them go on their way.
It has yet to fail for me. Plus, animals can smell your emotions. If you are scared of them, or get angry with them, they smell it and hear it in your voice, and it will incite them to do what they do to protect themselves. If you know what you are doing, then you can harmoniously get around the situation without engaging each other.

She stunned that bear with her fast approach and didn't give it time to react.

That or people handed it picnic baskets before and it was expecting one

The woman was lucky. She was a fool. She should have picked up a small chair, table or pole first and used that to keep her distance from the bear. Bears with cubs are very dangerous.

Yep....
The Wife and I encountered a bear with cubs while we were visiting relatives in BC on lake Okanagan. We took my Aunts row boat across the lake,about three miles,to check out the national park. We rounded a boulder about the size of a single family home only to see a couple of cubs playing in the water about fifteen foot from us. As we got further around the boulder Momma came into view. The cubs were in the middle between Momma and the Wife and I.
You coulda pulled a skier behind that row boat.......

What's really sad is that had the girl thought at all, there was a pile of concrete blocks just a few feet from the bear. Had she picked up and thrown/hit the bear with one of those instead of her hands, not only would it have kept her at a safer distance, but I guarantee you it would have gotten the bear's full attention and respect.

View attachment 496290

When you can throw a 100lb weight 50 feet, she'll be able to handle that cinder block.

I heard about this and unfortunately I don't have a dog, but if I did,.. as much as I would love it I probably wouldn't have the guts to for one,.. and for two,.. my life would be more important. I probably would do it instinctively to save a child though.

Forum List

Back