Worst tree decorating ever

SGT_Kat

Army Strong
Nov 22, 2013
I'm absolutely heartbroken. We put up the tree today and when I opened the box with my ornaments, moisture had got in there and completly ruined 80% of my ornaments. Most of these ornaments were from when I was little and were given to me by my mother during my first Christmas with DH. I cried for a good half hour.

No, no, this is the worst tree decorating ever.

$why floridians should never put lights on palm trees.jpg

It gives a whole new meaning to the term, "Merry Christmas".

I'm absolutely heartbroken. We put up the tree today and when I opened the box with my ornaments, moisture had got in there and completly ruined 80% of my ornaments. Most of these ornaments were from when I was little and were given to me by my mother during my first Christmas with DH. I cried for a good half hour.

Well CRAP... what were the ornaments made out of?

Most of the old ones I have are glass. Moisture wouldn't effect them.

Moisture got into the plastic box and then mildewed. The ones totally destroyed were the ones made of cloth or wood. The only ornaments I was able to save were the ones made from glass or ceramic.

Moisture got into the plastic box and then mildewed. The ones totally destroyed were the ones made of cloth or wood. The only ornaments I was able to save were the ones made from glass or ceramic.
Bummer... sorry to hear that. I know how important old family heirloom things can be.

Oh dearheart. My heart breaks for you. Are you sure they are completely ruined? I deal with mold and mildew all the time (basically live in a swamp well in the summertime) I can undo a lot of mold damage.

Oh my do not throw them out. Murphy's oil soap. Absolutely nukes mold and mildew.

Sadly, I had to throw them out. The mildew actually ate them away. When I tried to pick them up they disintegrated in my hand.

sorry to hear that

Forum List

Back