WTF?? Have you seen Mary Tyler Moore's FACE?

Mary+Tyler+Moore+Follies+Broadway+Opening+IE5j4yI82Egl.jpg

Excessive vanity is a terrible and costly trait. I had a friend years ago whose philosophy included dealing with and being unashamed of your own natural appearance regardless of what it may be. His favorite saying in that regard was, "Your body wants to look a certain way...don't fuck with it!"

She was a really beautiful woman, it's a shame she could not age gracefully.

There was a woman named Norma that I knew (she has died) and I met her when she was already old. Sagging face, lots of wrinkles, overweight.

Then I saw pictures of her as a young woman. She was a beauty! Actually, she looked kind of like the young Mary Tyler Moore. There were pictures of her on the beach in a bathing suit, portraits, and other pictures. All beautiful.

After seeing those pictures, whenever I encountered Norma, I saw that beautiful, young woman peeking out from her eyes. It was like the ghost of the young woman was floating over her face. I never looked at her as an old woman again. She became more "eternal" to me, ever beautiful.

What happened to just accepting that we all age, grow old, get wrinkles, sag, droop and in general begin to fall apart and NOTHING will make it stop except winding up looking like a monster. She looks horrific now. And I think something is seriously wrong with them mentally to not see how they look after that do that crap to their faces.

Forum List

Back