Yes, It was The Affordable Care Act That Increased Premiums

Latest data here are from 2017.
Trump should replace it with "something terrific" and "take care of everybody" like he promised to do.
He is he’s lowering the cost

I don't need a link to tell me obamacare QUADRUPLED my insurance premiums in 2 years.

Then I got a letter from BC/BS saying they are no longer insuring individuals unless thru work...I had to scramble to find a different company.

Thanks again obama!

Don't you have the marketplace plans in your state? That is the place to go.

In WV we have one company offering plans. One. There is no marketplace. We did open up Medicaid which I fully support but being a small state that is not going to work for long with the ever increasing rates.

I support UHC. I do not support Obamacare and the lies that allowed it to pass.

West Virginia’s AG is working to overturn the ACA, while simultaneously pushing legislation to protect state residents from those efforts
When the ACA’s individual mandate penalty was repealed under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, a group of 18 Republican attorneys general and two Republican governors filed a lawsuit (Texas v. Azar/US), seeking to have the entire ACA ruled unconstitutional (two states have since withdrawn from the lawsuit after Democratic governors took office, so there are currently 18 states challenging the ACA). Their argument is that the individual mandate is unconstitutional without the associated enforcement tax, and the mandate is unseverable from the rest of the ACA — if one falls, the rest falls.

Although that argument might sound tenuous at best, a judge agreed with the plaintiff states in late 2018, ruling that the ACA should be overturned. The case was appealed, but a panel of judges for the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals has agreed that the individual mandate is unconstitutional — although they sent the case back to the lower court to have the judge clarify which portions of the ACA should be overturned.

This ruling essentially just adds additional delay and uncertainty, as it’s not clear how long it will take before the case eventually makes its way to the Supreme Court. In the meantime, nothing is changing about the ACA. But if the law is eventually overturned, it would create utter chaos (and not just for people who buy their own health insurance).

Patrick Morrisey is West Virginia’s attorney general, and is one of the plaintiffs in Texas v. Azar/US, which means he’s part of the group that is actively working to overturn the ACA. But in early 2020, Morrisey and West Virginia State Senate President Mitch Carmichael announced new legislation that would be considered in 2020 in an effort to protect West Virginia residents from the very lawsuit that the state is supporting. The West Virginia Healthcare Continuity Act, which would only take effect if and when the ACA gets overturned, would prohibit insurers from rejecting applicants due to pre-existing conditions. It would also require insurers to cover the essential health benefits, and would allow insurers to use limited enrollment windows in order to mitigate risk, just as the ACA does.
---------------------------
We are about to get rid of the ACA is ACB is on the supreme court.

IMO the only way we will ever get to the right thing, Universal Health Care is to overturn Obamacare.
They will never go for Universal Healthcare as long as the republicans on the supreme court are in charge.

The Supreme Court has nothing to do with it. The Supreme Court only initially got involved over the idea of forcing people to purchase something from a private company. Something I disagree with. We should not be forced to purchase something from a private for profit company to see to our health care needs.

Has the Supreme Court overturned Medicare? Is there anyone even mentioning that? No. The Supreme Court is not the problem. Corporate Congress people are.

i 'liked' penny's post - because the (R)s will try to appeal & bring forth cases, even if they will ultimately go nowhere.

No, Republican's don't even do that. Trump spouts off now and then but that's all he does.

the case b4 the SC now was born outa (R) texas.

Sorry, I think I misread your post.

'eh ... sometimes i don't write exactly the way i mean things sometimes.

Republican's are big on "repeal and replace". I had that stuck in my head. You correctly argued that they will continue to try and repeal, that the replace part is all bluster. You are correct.
The legislative branch in Washington is worthless.
They are so divided and corrupt you really think they could do something as big as an healthcare overhaul?
How did that work out the first time? The result was it didn't address any - not one - of the core problems of the system. Rose costs substantially and limited your choices.
You want a 2nd go at it in the current atmosphere?

Trump did NOTHING with this plan he had ready to go and everyone was going to love. You can make all the excuses up for his lie that you want but it was still and will always be a lie.
Where did I make excuses?
See I know how this works in the Democrat brain...

Cool. I'm not a Democrat so irrelevant. You are addressing me not your boogeymen that aren't here to respond.
:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back