Yes, you are better off now than you were then.

It was not great year, but my investments are pretty S&P heavy so it was not awful.

I agree 100%. We got the first one as we had not yet filed our taxes thanks to the Govt moving the date back. We did not need it, my wife as an RN was getting a ton of OT and I was 95% remote. So we put them in our savings.

A lot of people that did not need them got them and just held onto it since there was not much to spend it on. Then when COVID was clear they spent it...leading to inflation when coupled with all the supply chain issues.

Yet the GOP/Trump get none of the blame. You might recall that Trump was pushing for a check twice as big as even the Dems wanted in the last go around.
Like I said, I didn't agree with the stimulus checks that Trump supported.

How are Kamala's policies going to help the markets? Do you think raising capital gains taxes and corporate taxes is a stimulus to the stock market?

It seems as though you are misled to believe that others are doing well by your wife's wages increasing because she happens to be in an area of need in the medical field. They aren't. Also, you may want to think about how your wife's salary may be affected if we went to a single payer system as Kamala has proposed in the past. It wouldn't be good for her.

Most working Americans are better off now than they were when the reign of Trumpery ended with a dismal 34% public approval.

According to my organization’s analysis, working-class Americans’ wages, adjusted for inflation, have just edged higher than they were on Election Day, 2020. The average working-class American can now answer “Yes” to the question, “Are you better off now than you were under Trump?”

Stay of the leftist kook sites.

Like I said, I didn't agree with the stimulus checks that Trump supported.

Yet, you do not give him any blame for the inflation that followed.

How are Kamala's policies going to help the markets? Do you think raising capital gains taxes and corporate taxes is a stimulus to the stock market?

No more or less so than the 100+% tariffs Trump wants to throw on so many products.

It seems as though you are misled to believe that others are doing well by your wife's wages increasing because she happens to be in an area of need in the medical field. They aren't.

Not at all, I know that not everyone has done as well as we have.

And it is not just her wages that went up, between 2020 and 2023 my income increased by more than 25%.

And it is not just her wages that went up, between 2020 and 2023 my income increased by more than 25%.

Again, an anomaly.

I edited my original post to include a question about your wife's salary if and when we went to a single-payer system. Any comments on that?

Also, you may want to think about how your wife's salary may be affected if we went to a single payer system as Kamala has proposed in the past. It wouldn't be good for her.

My wife works as an RN for the VA, I do not think they would be effected at all.

And for a single payer system to be come the law of the land, Congress, inducing 60 members of the Senate would have to go along with it. I do not see that happening any more than I see them agreeing to remove taxes on overtime pay.

My wife works as an RN for the VA, I do not think they would be effected at all.

You are sadly mistaken. Healthcare workers in systems that are single-payer make significantly less than they do here in the United States.

And for a single payer system to be come the law of the land, Congress, inducing 60 members of the Senate would have to go along with it. I do not see that happening any more than I see them agreeing to remove taxes on overtime pay.

If Democrats controlled Congress there is no doubt they would pass such a measure if given the opportunity.

Ah yes… leave it to the most recent Democrat to tell 3/4 of the struggling public that they are wrong, and their tightening budgets don’t actually exist!
Please cite your credentials as a spokesperson for "3/4 of the struggling public."

Of course, global inflation has adversely impacted many people in many nation.

In the U.S. it has been slowed considerably as incomes rise to meet the higher costs.

Census Bureau data showed that incomes rose across all levels and groups in 2023
  • Census Bureau data showed that incomes rose across all levels and groups in 2023, with the median income rising for the first time since 2019 to reach $80,610.​
  • Income increased for the bottom 10% of earners, helping lower the poverty rate.​
  • Post-pandemic fiscal relief helped the labor market quickly recover after the COVID-19 slowdown, according to economists.​

You are sadly mistaken. Healthcare workers in systems that are single-payer make significantly less than they do here in the United States.

Not really a equal comparison. Most people in most professions make more in the US than they do in other countries.

If Democrats controlled Congress there is no doubt they would pass such a measure if given the opportunity.

Like they did last time they controlled Congress and the White House?

Must be why a record number of Americans say the country is on the wrong track.

73%.

OUCH!

Most people say that they are doing ok, but the rest of the country isn't. How do they know that?

If you are complaining about high food prices it means you are paying those prices, which of course maintains those high prices. Don't buy expensive things and watch the prices drop like a rock.

Please cite your credentials as a spokesperson for "3/4 of the struggling public."
A recent popular Pew poll shows Over 75% of the American public doesn’t think our economy is good
Of course, global inflation has adversely impacted many people in many nation.
This is American inflation, as in Biden/Harris printing money like gangbusters on wars and other aspects, 5.5 trillion in new spending.

What a pathetic attempt by you to say it’s some global ideal and try to not hold Harris and the democrats accountable
In the U.S. it has been slowed considerably as incomes rise to meet the higher costs.

Yes but it still skyrocketed up, and it’s not coming down. We need negative numbers to try to return to before the democrats caused the massive inflation they did. The fact that you don’t know the inflation rate is a compounded number is telling.
Census Bureau data showed that incomes rose across all levels and groups in 2023
  • Census Bureau data showed that incomes rose across all levels and groups in 2023, with the median income rising for the first time since 2019 to reach $80,610.​
  • Income increased for the bottom 10% of earners, helping lower the poverty rate.​
  • Post-pandemic fiscal relief helped the labor market quickly recover after the COVID-19 slowdown, according to economists.​
Groceries, housing, etc are all up 20-30%, salaries aren’t.

No, Americans as a whole aren’t better off.

Global inflation has taken its toll on many nations. The U.S. is faring better than most.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, prices had begun to rise before Trump was booted from office:

From 2019 to 2020, consumer prices for all items rose 1.4 percent. Over that period, food prices increased 3.9 percent, a larger percentage increase than the 12-month increase of 1.8 percent in 2019. Food at home prices increased 3.9 percent in 2020, the largest over-the-year increase since 2011.
While Trump was "in office," COVID came to our shores from China and due to restrictions (necessary), it began affecting our supply chain, causing prices to increase. Perhaps you forgot that.

A recent popular Pew poll shows Over 75% of the American public doesn’t think our economy is good

This is American inflation, as in Biden/Harris printing money like gangbusters on wars and other aspects, 5.5 trillion in new spending.

What a pathetic attempt by you to say it’s some global ideal and try to not hold Harris and the democrats accountable

Yes but it still skyrocketed up, and it’s not coming down. We need negative numbers to try to return to before the democrats caused the massive inflation they did. The fact that you don’t know the inflation rate is a compounded number is telling.

Groceries, housing, etc are all up 20-30%, salaries aren’t.

No, Americans as a whole aren’t better off.

So, that is your pretext for claiming that " 3/4 of the struggling public that they are wrong, and their tightening budgets don’t actually exist!"

Please provide a link to your Pew Poll if it exists.

Global inflation is undeniable. That inflation has been slowed considerably in the U.S. is true. That income has risen is true.

Americans acknowledge the reality:

September 20, 2024
Going into November’s election, neither Kamala Harris nor Trump has a decisive edge with the public on the economy, turning an issue that was once a clear strength for Trump into the equivalent of a political jump ball.
About 4 in 10 registered voters say Republican Trump would do a better job handling the economy, while a similar number say that about the Democratic vice president, according to a new poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. About 1 in 10 voters don’t trust either candidate, and a similar share has equal faith in them.

While Trump was "in office," COVID came to our shores from China and due to restrictions (necessary), it began affecting our supply chain, causing prices to increase. Perhaps you forgot that.
Please don't forget that Trump continually insisted that he had the global pandemic "under control" in the U.S.

A timeline of President Donald Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic​

Please don't forget that Trump continually insisted that he had the global pandemic "under control" in the U.S.

A timeline of President Donald Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic​

Trump was initially unaware that as COVID spread across the planet, people from Europe were coming into the United States, with it. Nobody initially understood the magnitude of COVID's. Even the NIH and CDC initially disagreed with what steps should be taken and since they couldn't initially agree on the approach and Trump sure isn't a doctor, he couldn't be sure which way to go on it.
Hell, the left condemned Trump for restricting people from China coming into the United States, calling him racist for doing it, or did you forget that tidbit of history?!

So, that is your pretext for claiming that " 3/4 of the struggling public that they are wrong, and their tightening budgets don’t actually exist!"

Please provide a link to your Pew Poll if it exists.

Global inflation is undeniable. That inflation has been slowed considerably in the U.S. is true. That income has risen is true.

Americans acknowledge the reality:
September 20, 2024
Going into November’s election, neither Kamala Harris nor Trump has a decisive edge with the public on the economy, turning an issue that was once a clear strength for Trump into the equivalent of a political jump ball.
About 4 in 10 registered voters say Republican Trump would do a better job handling the economy, while a similar number say that about the Democratic vice president, according to a new poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. About 1 in 10 voters don’t trust either candidate, and a similar share has equal faith in them.
Americans are struggling dealing with the massive inflation prices of basics. That’s a true statement.

Biden/Harris spent an extra 5.5 trillion printing money to be the warhawks they are in Ukraine.

Until you can prove everyone has gotten 20-39% raises, you’re full of it

Americans are struggling dealing with the massive inflation prices of basics. That’s a true statement.

Biden/Harris spent an extra 5.5 trillion printing money to be the warhawks they are in Ukraine.

Until you can prove everyone has gotten 20-39% raises, you’re full of it
tell us about your personal struggles.

Not really a equal comparison. Most people in most professions make more in the US than they do in other countries.

Healthcare workers in countries that have a single-payer system do npayout. nearly as much relative to the average salary on their country. In other words, your wife would take a big paycut. My wife is a physician recognizes this fact.

Like they did last time they controlled Congress and the White House?

Was there a president in office that would not have vetoed it the last time? Harrsis most certainly wouldn't.

Why would Trump destroy Democracy this time if he didn't last time?

Forum List

Back