Yet Another Threat To Law Enforcement

Holy shit. She's threatening municipal judges if they do not "ease up" on fines and warrants for low level crimes against "poor people of color" and instead offer amnesty or community service.

So....in other words.....

Rich white guy commits Disorderly Conduct....judge can fine him the max.
Poor black guy commits the same crime....AG warns judge he better not get the max fine.

Wow. Guess justice isn't blind.

Holy shit. She's threatening municipal judges if they do not "ease up" on fines and warrants for low level crimes against "poor people of color" and instead offer amnesty or community service.

Poor black guy commits the same crime....AG warns judge he better not get the max fine.

Judges NEVER fine rich white guys the max. Most of them don't even make it in front of a judge. Wake up.

Fines must be paid, that subsidizes retirement packages for cops and judges...

Yeah...there won't be any nasty consequences should this occur.

Fines must be paid, that subsidizes retirement packages for cops and judges...
Fines must be paid because that's the law.

Jesus is risen indeed!
Does not mean that the fines should be higher than need be..

Fines need to be high enough to procure a deterrent to the offense. Remember the days when big companies would pollute because the fine, $5000 or so, was less than the cost of cleaning up their mess? Congress moved quickly to increase those fines to make it unprofitable to pollute.

Jesus is risen indeed!

Justice in America, has always been, whose court you're in, how much money you have and how good your attorney is (that per my criminal justice courses).
But, if the poor break into my home to steal my stuff and I'm home, I'm still going to shoot them dead.

Judges NEVER fine rich white guys the max. Most of them don't even make it in front of a judge. Wake up.

AND most poor blacks don't get the max either. They usually get probation or nothing at all....until their 15th or 20th arrest.

That's the difference.

Forum List

Back