Young and Dumb

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
Rasing the voting age to 24 would be a good thing for America. Fewer dumb Americans being able to vote is a good thing. They seem to do this every presidential election.

---Young voters overwhelmingly support Vice President Kamala Harris' bid for the White House---

Nah, 26....You know, when they get off their parent's health insurance. ;)

Hard to fathom isn't it....I had my own health insurance at 19 and was saving for a down payment on a house.

Rasing the voting age to 24 would be a good thing for America. Fewer dumb Americans being able to vote is a good thing. They seem to do this every presidential election.

---Young voters overwhelmingly support Vice President Kamala Harris' bid for the White House---

Most youth don't show up at the polls. Follow-through is not a trait of the young, for the most part.

As far as 'dumb Americans'--well, that's in the eye of the beholder, I imagine.

Nah, 26....You know, when they get off their parent's health insurance. ;)

Hard to fathom isn't it....I had my own health insurance at 19 and was saving for a down payment on a house.
Hmm..19--I spent that entire year in the Vietnam/Japan/Philippines neighborhood.

Uncle paid the bill for medical..LOL..just like now!

It's not 'dumb' americans: it is poorly educated and constantly brainwashed american (women and men) who are the problem. Let's go after the deep state, tax payer funded, communist media sources that do the real damage. Young (men and women) are very impressionable, and they need to be given honest facts of life, not propaganda and censorship.

Hmm..19--I spent that entire year in the Vietnam/Japan/Philippines neighborhood.

Uncle paid the bill for medical..LOL..just like now!
probably not enough. your service was intended to stop communism and maintain freedom. it pisses me off that anyone takes that in vein. now they champion communism? wtf

lets open our own eyes and read all the facts. some of our kids are getting mutilated by social media and government-fed mouthpieces.

Age hasn't improved your IQ.

It's not 'dumb' americans: it is poorly educated and constantly brainwashed american (women and men) who are the problem. Let's go after the deep state, tax payer funded, communist media sources that do the real damage. Young (men and women) are very impressionable, and they need to be given honest facts of life, not propaganda and censorship.
Liberal Democrats love the Deep State.

For those not old enough to remember, the voting age was lowered to 18 because young men were being drafted, and could conceivably be sent to Vietnam and get killed, before they were old enough to vote.

That situation no longer applies and the Amendment didn't make sense when it was passed, but there was collective guilt by Congress, whose sons were almost all draft dodgers or set up in cushy, quasi-military positions.

The rational path would be to make the voting age 21, but (a) require everyone applying for voter registration to pass the same basic Civics test that immigrants must pass in order to be naturalized, and (b) require proof that the first-time voter has paid at least a thousand dollars in FIT in the previous tax year.

But I'll settle for raising it to 21 and re-instituting the draft.

For those not old enough to remember, the voting age was lowered to 18 because young men were being drafted, and could conceivably be sent to Vietnam and get killed, before they were old enough to vote.

That situation no longer applies and the Amendment didn't make sense when it was passed, but there was collective guilt by Congress, whose sons were almost all draft dodgers or set up in cushy, quasi-military positions.

The rational path would be to make the voting age 21, but (a) require everyone applying for voter registration to pass the same basic Civics test that immigrants must pass in order to be naturalized, and (b) require proof that the first-time voter has paid at least a thousand dollars in FIT in the previous tax year.

But I'll settle for raising it to 21 and re-instituting the draft.
Both draft at 21 and vote at 21 I will agree to. But if they can draft a teen, then that same teen should have a voice in the vote (well, should...the internet-connected AI voting machines are another topic of discussion)

Both draft at 21 and vote at 21 I will agree to. But if they can draft a teen, then that same teen should have a voice in the vote (well, should...the internet-connected AI voting machines are another topic of discussion)
Drafting 18's and 19's is imperative. They are the only ones crazy enough to "take that machine gun nest." Older men will respond, "Fuck you, Sarge!"

Forum List

Back