Young Sheldon

Missy should have paid attention in Sunday school. Apparently, though, she didn't, as she thought it was okay to sell God's blessings.

Jesus turned over the tables of the money changers in the temple for the same thing.

^^^ Not to defend Missy's choice of action of course, but there is one difference there. The tables were turned over because of where they were of all places: the house of prayer. Missy was on a ball field when Billy Sparks approached her with the money that he was willing to give her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Not to defend Missy's choice of action of course, but there is one difference there. The tables were turned over because of where they were of all places: the house of prayer. Missy was on a ball field when Billy Sparks approached her with the money that he was willing to give her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Still doesn't change the fact that selling God's blessings is bad stuff, regardless of whether or not it is in a church. Matter of fact, doing stuff like that reduces God to nothing more than an artifact, and the Jews found out how badly that got when they did it. Read the book of Judges sometime.

^^^ When you really think about it, everything on the shelves at any store can be considered a blessing, but yet every item has to be paid for. Does this mean that we sin every time that we buy something?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ When you really think about it, everything on the shelves at any store can be considered a blessing, but yet every item has to be paid for. Does this mean that we sin every time that we buy something?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wrong. Things in the store are made by and owned by people. God's blessings are free, and it is wrong to sell them. Matter of fact, that is one of the reasons I don't really like mega church preachers. For them it's all about the dollar bill rather than the spirituality. You're trying to mix apples and carrots.

^^^ I believe that the Lord is who gives people the ability to think of the items and get them produced and out there to the rest of us though. To me, they don't do it alone. They have help.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Mixing anything is never my intention by the way. Asking questions is one way that a person can learn. It can also give other people things to think about, perhaps things that they themselves have never thought about before.

Normally I watch this show later because of Last Man Standing being on simultaneously, but I watched this show first because of Reba being a part of it and I loved it!

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. Georgie and Missy were my favorite part.

Last night's show was good, but to me, Mary didn't elaborate enough if she had no other choice but to tell George Jr. about her past. She should've told him that her car accident could've been the end of her life and not being responsible enough in the bedroom could've garnered her an STD instead of a baby at any time too.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. How long a flight is it from Medford Texas to Pasadena California? And was Sheldon at the college that he eventually goes to?

Last night's show was good, but to me, Mary didn't elaborate enough if she had no other choice but to tell George Jr. about her past. She should've told him that her car accident could've been the end of her life and not being responsible enough in the bedroom could've garnered her an STD instead of a baby at any time too.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. How long a flight is it from Medford Texas to Pasadena California? And was Sheldon at the college that he eventually goes to?

Actually, I think she handled it pretty good. And, while sometimes the circumstances surrounding one's birth sometimes might not be the greatest (I know I have a sad tale to tell about mine), but that isn't what matters, what matters is teaching the kids to do good and treat others with respect.

As far as how long is the flight? Probably around 4 or 5 hours, I know that is what it took for me to get from Amarillo TX to LA.

As far as was that the college he eventually goes to? No. If you had paid attention to the end, it was showing the campus lunchroom from the Big Bang Theory, meaning it's the college he eventually works at as an adult.

^^^ Thanks. I've only seen one episode of the Big Bang Theory and its when George Jr. is shown before Sheldon got married.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

How much was Sheldon really asking for during last night's show?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Also when did Mrs. Cooper become okay with Missy dropping bad language?

Last night's show was good, but the ending made me feel for Mr. Cooper. If he had known that the librarian was going to take a hit, I am sure that he would've done things differently when that reckless player entered the picture. To me, he should sue that station for character defamation.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Missy was my favorite part during last night's show. Sheldon, I love him to pieces, but when I heard what he had to say to the librarian who currently remains in a neck brace...will Billy's sister ever be shown again by the way? Now its like she never once existed.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The ending of last night's show made me want to smack the crack out of Me-Maw! My only question is will her choice of action also get Missy booted from the baseball team?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The ending of last night's show made me want to smack the crack out of Me-Maw! My only question is will her choice of action also get Missy booted from the baseball team?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Actually, I place the blame on the dude that she was dating. He kinda sprang getting married sort of sudden like. Me Maw was happy with the way things were, friends with benefits, and she didn't want to be married. We saw that happen with Dr. Sturgis when he was making moves towards getting married.

And, just because she didn't want to get married is no reason for him to take it out on Georgie. Granted, what Georgie did would get most people fired, but he DID try to set things right by giving up his car money. But, like I said, most people would be fired for something like that.

Nope, sorry, in last nights episode, the bad guy was Me Maw's boyfriend.

^^^ Because Georgie was upfront and took full responsibility for what happened by giving up his savings, a suspension would've been an appropriate punishment if there had to be one at all.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Because Georgie was upfront and took full responsibility for what happened by giving up his savings, a suspension would've been an appropriate punishment if there had to be one at all.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You've obviously never worked in retail, because if you had, you would see that your statement of suspension isn't reality. If a person leaves the cash register open because of negligence (and it was), they would be fired immediately.

When I was working as a bartender, if the drawer was short even a dollar, I had to account for it, as I was the manager. I saw a guy get fired because his drawer came up short 20 to 30 dollars 3 times over the course of a week.

^^^ What makes Georgie's situation different compared to the one you tell about here is the fact that Georgie only had one bad moment against him and not a pattern of unprofessional behavior like the person that you speak of possessed. Also Georgie told about what happened and offered to replace what had disappeared and because he was willing to replace what had been stolen, he could've done just that and not said anything to Dale about the robbery. Because of how responsible Georgie was to clean up his wrong doing as best as anybody could pretty much, getting fired was not fair.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. With Dale being the person in charge of the place, the decision to get the law involved should've been left up to him at least in my opinion for whatever it is worth.

I just saw a commercial for this Thursday night's episode. It has been labeled the season finale. I wonder if whatever was being filmed when the shutdown began will be finished eventually and shown when the show comes back in the fall.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back