young tennis star Naomi Osaka will not be participating in any news conferences during the French Open, citing mental health

Mixed opinions on this. If she is having legitimate health issues than her decision was warranted. That said, if she just wanted to avoid negative press, she should have considered that prior to signing her lucrative contract…

kids these days are so pampered!

Seriously. If I was born one of the ugliest mo fos around, I'd be clinically depressed. What the hell mated here, zoo animals????

Most incel cucks who spent most of their years paying for pussy or being married to refrigerator built bitches try to call beautiful women ugly.....that's what incels do...

View attachment 496165

LOl .JC. You call that beautiful.......................lolol.........................lol

Married a princess once upon a time. Still living happier ever after.

1 marriage

OMG if that is beautiful I bet you tagged a donkey before

Mixed opinions on this. If she is having legitimate health issues than her decision was warranted. That said, if she just wanted to avoid negative press, she should have considered that prior to signing her lucrative contract…
Not talking to the press automatically warrants a person negative press...

Seriously. If I was born one of the ugliest mo fos around, I'd be clinically depressed. What the hell mated here, zoo animals????

Most incel cucks who spent most of their years paying for pussy or being married to refrigerator built bitches try to call beautiful women ugly.....that's what incels do...

View attachment 496165

LOl .JC. You call that beautiful.......................lolol.........................lol

1 marriage

I doubt you are living happy.....you whine like a bitch too much over dumb shit to be happy...but you can claim to be anything online....

View attachment 496165

1 marriage

I doubt you are living happy.....you whine like a bitch too much over dumb shit to be happy...but you can claim to be anything online....

Dude. I never worked for a boss in my life......lolol...................I laugh at dumb libturd things of failure, you mistake for whining.

But we're talking about that thing Naomi.so lets talk about that thang...lol

Given her tens of millions of annual earnings, the $15k fine is less than a pin-prick.

From what I understand, she is willing to do the quick, on-court interviews that follow matches, but declines to participate in the staged events that follow.

She has a point. These are mainly teens and young adults who are often challenged in the sessions about failed strategies and missed shots and lost opportunities on the court. Do they really need this humiliation? It's one thing to do this to a fully mature adult (e.g., a 40 year old golf pro), but it can be cruel to the girls, and serves no purpose other than to satisfy the perverse instincts of the "fans."

Participation in such sessions should be voluntary, and if the player requests, accompanied by a coach or parent.
Osaka has now withdrawn from the tournament altogether so what was a peevish irritation (the post match interview which is an exercise in tedium and banality) is now a blot on her whole career that will always
follow her around.
Who is advising her? A fourth grader? She can't come up with a way to deal with questions
that are bothersome?

Can't imagine her Japanese fan base being too thrilled over Osaka bailing out over this pro forma
non event. I don't think tennis pros are "humiliated" by dealing with on court failures, by the way.

It's something they've dealt with their whole lives.

Very mature and I applaud. However promoting the sport is part of the gig. Got to be able to promote the sport and care for people who are struggling. Especially kids/teens.
Can't say I find bailing on this dull ritual "mature" at all.
Athletes in all sports, of all ages (even Marshawn Lynch) for years and years have found a way to get through the tedious stupid questions of sports reporters

By not simply going through the motions (Yes, No, I forget, Answered that already, etc,)
Naomi Osaka has taken a little manageable problem and blown it up into a major matter.

Professional athletes are paid not just for what they do on court but off court as well.
Her mental health is questionable.

Very mature and I applaud. However promoting the sport is part of the gig. Got to be able to promote the sport and care for people who are struggling. Especially kids/teens.
Can't say I find bailing on this dull ritual "mature" at all.
Athletes in all sports, of all ages (even Marshawn Lynch) for years and years have found a way to get through the tedious stupid questions of sports reporters

By not simply going through the motions (Yes, No, I forget, Answered that already, etc,)
Naomi Osaka has taken a little manageable problem and blown it up into a major matter.

Professional athletes are paid not just for what they do on court but off court as well.
Her mental health is questionable.
Some people take criticism like a champ ( like me and the other liberals on here :) ) However I can see if you aren’t in the right mental health social media and press could really devastate you. Not sure how to handle if you are at risk other than to avoid it which seems like what she is promoting.

Some people take criticism like a champ ( like me and the other liberals on here :) ) However I can see if you aren’t in the right mental health social media and press could really devastate you. Not sure how to handle if you are at risk other than to avoid it which seems like what she is promoting.
The first step then would be for Naomi Osaka to come out and state that she is in such a state of mind
that participating in the sorts of post match interviews that she has taken part of for years could
devastate her mentally.

Then the next step would be to get professional help before she returns to play or as a condition
of play.
When she was in the middle of the 2018 US Open match in which Williams had a melt down herself
in the middle of her loss to Osaka, Naomi Osaka seemed visibly upset by the whole farce of
William's raging tantrum.
And that Serena Williams ran to the shelter of race and gender to excuse her behavior that
is likely what set Osama off.

The governing bodies of Grand Slam tennis have already made clear Osaka would not be allowed
to simply skip a perfunctory part of the slams like fielding questions from the press.
Whoever is in her camp should be armoring Osaka with bland ready made replies to the questions
that will come.
But Osaka is a woke competitor so who knows how that would settle in a mind that is easily
led astray.

The first step then would be for Naomi Osaka to come out and state that she is in such a state of mind
that participating in the sorts of post match interviews that she has taken part of for years could
devastate her mentally.

Then the next step would be to get professional help before she returns to play or as a condition
of play.
When she was in the middle of the 2018 US Open match in which Williams had a melt down herself
in the middle of her loss to Osaka, Naomi Osaka seemed visibly upset by the whole farce of
William's raging tantrum.
And that Serena Williams ran to the shelter of race and gender to excuse her behavior that
is likely what set Osama off.

The governing bodies of Grand Slam tennis have already made clear Osaka would not be allowed
to simply skip a perfunctory part of the slams like fielding questions from the press.
Whoever is in her camp should be armoring Osaka with bland ready made replies to the questions
that will come.
But Osaka is a woke competitor so who knows how that would settle in a mind that is easily
led astray.
Seems like she did come out and say that she needs help and how do you know she doesn’t have professional help? Your “woke” comment is ridiculous. She’s a human being.

Seems like she did come out and say that she needs help and how do you know she doesn’t have professional help? Your “woke” comment is ridiculous. She’s a human being.
I don't know that she specifically said she needed mental help but even so it doesn't explain just
throwing one of her only two professional obligations under the bus (A, playing tennis to her upmost ability
B, promoting the sport through relations with tennis journalists and media in general)

How do I know she isn't receiving professional help? I don't. Just like you don't know she is.
But what sort of professional therapist would advise her to simply blow off her professional obligations?

Yes, she's human being which doesn't preclude her many woke comments.
Your denial is what's ridiculous. It's weak and nonsensical.

I can't imagine her traditional minded Japanese sponsors being happy.

I don't know that she specifically said she needed mental help but even so it doesn't explain just
throwing one of her only two professional obligations under the bus (A, playing tennis to her upmost ability
B, promoting the sport through relations with tennis journalists and media in general)

How do I know she isn't receiving professional help? I don't. Just like you don't know she is.
But what sort of professional therapist would advise her to simply blow off her professional obligations?

Yes, she's human being which doesn't preclude her many woke comments.
Your denial is what's ridiculous.
I was simply connecting what steps you said she should take to the fact that she may have exactly taken those steps.

Seems like if she were a white conservative tennis player you’d give her the benefit of the doubt seeing as your main gripe is she’s “woke” and therefore should suffer. That’s ridiculous.

I was simply connecting what steps you said she should take to the fact that she may have exactly taken those steps.

Seems like if she were a white conservative tennis player you’d give her the benefit of the doubt seeing as your main gripe is she’s “woke” and therefore should suffer. That’s ridiculous.
And I conceded you could be right and then said it didn't seem likely however. How were my
comments mysterious or cryptic?

If Osaka were a typical tennis professional (white and consevative or not at all) this drama and b.s. would be absolutely nonexistent. So your commentary is moot.

So how am I imagining her personal publicly held beliefs are irrelevant? I never said Osaka SHOULD
suffer for her ideology. That's you bias shining through.
But she obviously IS suffering the repercussions of her jumbled mental state.

When we dig to the bottom, if someone ever does, I believe her woke philosophy will be at the bottom
of this all. U.S. Open women's final features Naomi Osaka's masks, Black hair and a bold cultural statement

It hasn't gone unnoticed. Serena Williams or some black figure within the USTA hierarchy should
mentor her before she burns out. Williams is strong minded. Osaka is a woke snowflake.
Someone that buys all the bullshit that turns minds into mush.

Last edited:
She needs to step away for a bit to get it together? Good for her. Too many of these new young stars wind up crazy. Turned pro when she was 14 I believe. That’s an age when her friends in middle school we’re picking out prom dresses.

I can somewhat sympathize with her - she seems to be a quiet person and not a talker. And so, after a few press conferences, a lot of questions seem to be the same as the last conference, and the new questions require some thought, and who wants to think after two and half hours of physical endurance.

They should allow the coaches to do the press conferences. When there are press conferences for sports, I prefer the coaches analysis then the players. Most of the players are not very good speakers, some are.

Derek Jeter was a great baseball player, but a lousy person.
Joe Montana was a great quarterback, but could not do TV analysis.

I can somewhat sympathize with her - she seems to be a quiet person and not a talker. And so, after a few press conferences, a lot of questions seem to be the same as the last conference, and the new questions require some thought, and who wants to think after two and half hours of physical endurance.

They should allow the coaches to do the press conferences. When there are press conferences for sports, I prefer the coaches analysis then the players. Most of the players are not very good speakers, some are.

Derek Jeter was a great baseball player, but a lousy person.
Joe Montana was a great quarterback, but could not do TV analysis.
Yes or no answers, or brief answers as much as possible to long winded questions tend to frustrate tennis journalists. I suggest her camp get videos of Maria Sharapova press encounters to see how a smart person
handles the press.

Forum List

Back