2021 knives again kill way more people than all rifle types do...we must save lives, ban knives....

No such link.

How about the handguns? Considering there is an average od 30K or so gun deaths' every year it seem kind dishonest for you to leave them out.

Not that that is gonna bother you any.

This thread is about the stupid arguments for banning rifles in the U.S.

And the actual dishonest part is where you fail to point out the majority of those gun deaths are suicides……

Bullshit. 25K or so deaths per year for handguns, which the OP so carefully ( and dishonestly) omitted.

Dipshit….this thread is about the dishonest arguments used by assholes like you to ban rifles……

You wantAR-15 rifles banned because a few nuts each year use them to murder people……..the total number of people murdered in mass public shootings last year was 75, and that was with both rifles and handguns……,

Less than 75 people and you want over 20 million rifles banned, and confiscated….

Meanwhile, as pointed out, knives are used to murder over 1,500 people each year……and you aren’t calling to ban them…..,,,that is your logic at work…..

clubs also murder more people than AR-15 every year as do empty hands…..

This thread is about the stupid arguments for banning rifles in the U.S.

And the actual dishonest part is where you fail to point out the majority of those gun deaths are suicides……
YOu are ignoring the elephant in the room. Actually 2 of them.

Dipshit….this thread is about the dishonest arguments used by assholes like you to ban rifles……
Don't be stupider than you have to be.

You wanna draw some equivance? Compare rifles and swords. Then do knives and handguns.

YOu are ignoring the elephant in the room. Actually 2 of them.

I am ignoring nothing....I am addressing one of the many stupid arguments assholes like you make on the gun issues.

Don't be stupider than you have to be.

You wanna draw some equivance? Compare rifles and swords. Then do knives and handguns.

Nope....

Over 20 million AR-15 rifles in the United States....

2023, 53 people were murdered in mass public shootings with just rifles......

Based on those numbers you want to ban and confiscate 20 million rifles......

That is your argument.

Knives in 2022, were used to murder 1,630 people.....

So, according to you, we now need to ban and confiscate knives.....

How about the handguns? Considering there is an average od 30K or so gun deaths' every year it seem kind dishonest for you to leave them out.
Indeed.
Handguns are used to murder 2 orders of magnitude more people than 'assault weapons'.
Anyone clamoring for a ban on 'assault weapons' only demonstrates he doesn't give a hoot in hell about saving lives.

I am ignoring nothing....I am addressing one of the many stupid arguments assholes like you make on the gun issues.
No, you are narrowly focusing on a very few cherry picked facts to avoid the ones that don't fit your narrative.

Most folks would know that's basically lying.

But you're a republican so we have to make allowances.

Indeed.
Handguns are used to murder 2 orders of magnitude more people than 'assault weapons'.
Anyone clamoring for a ban on 'assault weapons' only demonstrates he doesn't give a hoot in hell about saving lives.
YOu're absolutely correct. We should ban them all. Thanks for your support.

No, you are narrowly focusing on a very few cherry picked facts to avoid the ones that don't fit your narrative.

Most folks would know that's basically lying.

But you're a republican so we have to make allowances.

No, I am not.....I am specifically addressing the anti-gun extremist push to ban AR-15 rifles....using the arguments that they are weapons of war, which they are not, that they are not good for civilians and that they kill lots of people....

Those are all lies....and I show that using your own logic for banning them.

OOOOh! Threats from the armchair brigade!!

Fuck off, wannabee.
If idiots like you ban firearms, all you will accomplish is creating thirty or so million new felons. Most gun owners will not simply hand over their firearms because of a law THEY consider unconstitutional. If you think local cops are going to go around confiscating guns from normal citizens, you are delusional. Most cops would refuse to do it, a portion of the rest would go through the motions "sir, or madam, do you still own the firearms on my list? No? Okay, I'll be on my way" and the remainder will change their minds when cranky old farts with nothing to lose because they are old, start resisting and shooting at the cops trying to confiscate their guns. Most Vietnam era veterans are over seventy now, what are you going to do to one who kills a cop? Spend a million dollars trying him over a year or two, then put him in a prison getting three hots and a cot for the remaining five or six years of his life at a high cost to the taxpayers for his medical expenses? Old prisoners cost a lot more to keep than the young ones.

Not to mention that you really, really don't want to piss off the old Green Berets and EOD people. Green Berets are experts at unconventional warfare and are specially trained in creating resistance movements behind enemy lines and anyone trained to disarm IEDs is an expert at building them. From what I've seen in the open media, ISIS and the Taliban's IEDS were children's toys compared to the things the VC and NVA were building except in scale. Some of the things Iran was providing were pretty interesting with their self-forging penetrators, but a nation-state has more resources than a normal terrorist.

Last edited:
If idiots like you ban firearms, all you will accomplish is creating thirty or so million new felons. Most gun owners will not simply hand over their firearms because of a law THEY consider unconstitutional. If you think local cops are going to go around confiscating guns from normal citizens, you are delusional. Most cops would refuse to do it, a portion of the rest would go through the motions "sir, or madam, do you still own the firearms on my list? No? Okay, I'll be on my way" and the remainder will change their minds when cranky old farts with nothing to lose because they are old, start resisting and shooting at the cops trying to confiscate their guns. Most Vietnam era veterans are over seventy now, what are you going to do to one who kills a cop? Spend a million dollars trying him over a year or two, then put him in a prison getting three hots and a cot for the remaining five or six years of his life at a high cost to the taxpayers for his medical expenses? Old prisoners cost a lot more to keep than the young ones.
So not really law abiding citizens then.

Got it.

So not really law abiding citizens then.

Got it.
We are law abiding until people like you cross the line into illegality. If you amend the Constitution, we will grudgingly obey, but if you pass unconstitutional laws we will practice civil disobedience and ignore them,

Forum List

Back