Appreciated

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
The school was kind enough to put on a lunch for all us teachers yesterday for Teacher Appreciation Week. They always do a good job of fancying up the library and making everyone feel truly appreciated. Best of all, they catered the event from a local landmark Chinese place and got a TON of food. They got so much grub that I was able to bring a few Tupperware containers this morning and scavenge about 2 days worth of dinner for the boys from the leftovers. Actually, what was REALLY best of all was that the students had posted up on all the walls up and down the hallways around the library letters and messages (ornately decorated) of thanks and appreciation to their teachers. For all the challenges of the circumstances in which we teach, really great kids. The REAL, REAL appreciation is due them.

Last edited:
We all appreciate the educational profession Unkotare, we're just not all on board on your masters

~S~

Just be grateful they're not outside protesting the Joos and scribbling on the walls.

So, presumably you also have some students who are lethargic, stupid, and/or downright antagonistic to the process. How successful are you at preventing them from interfering with the education of those who are there to learn?

Maybe you only teach Electives, so all of them are there because they want to be there.

The school was kind enough to put on a lunch for all us teachers yesterday for Teacher Appreciation Week. They always do a good job of fancying up the library and making everyone feel truly appreciated. Best of all, they catered the event from a local landmark Chinese place and got a TON of food. They got so much grub that I was able to bring a few Tupperware containers this morning and scavenge about 2 days worth of dinner for the boys from the leftovers. Actually, what was REALLY best of all was that the students had posted up on all the walls up and down the hallways around the library letters and messages (ornately decorated) of thanks and appreciation to their teachers. For all the challenges of the circumstances in which we teach, really great kids. The REAL, REAL appreciation is due them.
Teachers deserve far more pay and appreciation than they receive. I can think of teachers from K through college who were very positive influences for me.

Before going into the library for lunch that day, all of us teachers sort of wandered around looking at the messages from the students to see who could find some for whom. Everyone found at least a couple. Well the following week we got an email from the art teachers saying they didn't have space to put them all up on the walls and they would try to sort them all out and leave them in each teacher's mailbox. I'm not great about checking my mailbox all the time, but I swung by today and was truly humbled to see it stuffed full of messages. Good students, great people.

Forum List

Back