Zone1 Catholicism is true but it's not easy to get in

Sorry Ace, but a kinsman redeemer can't make a partial payment. If He can't make the whole payment then the redemption doesn't happen.
Our righteous works are like used menstrual pads to God.
If you are correct, then your eye is constantly on yourself. It's one of the reasons God hated the Law.
Our salvation is not of ourselves, lest any man boast. This is what it takes to be salvaged:

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.
All due respect, that is one verse - out of thousands of verses, hundreds of pages, 66-72 books - that Jesus Christ, thousands of people, Saints, Prophets, disciples sacrificed their lives for - so that we could be given the gift of the Good News. If that one verse (Not Gospel nor the direct word of God, btw) is all it takes to be redeemed then why not just publish that one verse and be done with it? Do you believe eternal redemption is some sort of "magic password"? I've got news for you - it surely is not.

That said, it certainly is possible that someone could be redeemed if they truly understood what they were saying, and they meant it with their heart, with all their body and with all their soul. But the likelihood of someone being able to truly do that without understanding (And living out) the overall body of work of both the Old Testament and the Teachings of Jesus Christ are slim.

"Our righteous works are like used menstrual pads to God."

NO! Absolutely NOT!

Now this is what can get you into trouble when (again) you pick ONE verse out of thousands to proclaim the Word of God - be very, very careful with that. (Just some humble advice, from my heart).

That verse was quoted by Isaiah in response to God - and he did it in a manner of humility, in a responsorial prayer.

In those days people would make idols out of gold & silver and regard doing that as some sort of "righteous act". The exact quote was, "We are all like one who is unclean, all our so-called righteous acts are like a menstrual rag in your sight." Notice the part where he said, "Our so-called righteous acts"

Why did he say that? Because the acts he is referring to WERE NOT "righteous acts" in God's eyes because they were FALSE IDOLS that people would create thinking they were doing something "righteous".

This is what God said to Isaiah:

"Then you will desecrate your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, “Away with you!”

Do you see the difference? Do you understand?

From the very same book of Isaiah 41:

“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,

and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness[a] will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

9 Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday."

Those passages are meant to teach people the difference between something that is detestable to God (False Idols, thinking they are some sort of "righteous act") vs. what will truly help us on our path to righteousness - Feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, provide justice for the oppressed, refrain from malicious talk, etc.

Now for your sake and the sake of others - what you believe, act and do is between you and God but please do not proclaim single passages to others as ways "To be saved" or "Not to be saved" - you very well could damage a person's path to God - and if so, that would be on your hands - not the person you led astray. (Again, I say this from my heart).

Last edited:
All due respect, that is one verse
I have quoted many verses. There is no need to post the whole chapter in order to get the point across. If one verse can defeat Satan in the desert, then it works here as well. But to satisfy you, here are a bunch of verses. Note the common thread in them all. It isn't work or paths or our own holiness. The criteria for receiving eternal life with our Father is to believe on the Son:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

John 1:12–13 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Ephesians 1:13–14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

John 3:16–18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Acts 16:31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.​

MARK 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.​

James 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe​

Romans 10:1 Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.​

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life​

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved​

Mark 1:15 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live​

John 11:25 And saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel​

John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins​

John 6:28 Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent​

"Our righteous works are like used menstrual pads to God."

NO! Absolutely NOT
Then your argument is with Isaiah and God:
Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
It is absolutely scripture. "So called" was added by you. It is not to be found in the verse in the Bible. What we consider righteous and what God considers righteous can be two completely different things.

Now for your sake and the sake of others - what you believe, act and do is between you and God but please do not proclaim single passages to others as ways "To be saved" or "Not to be saved" - you very well could damage a person's path to God
Then again, I may be saving a person who thinks they can work their way to Heaven, because it isn't my opinion, it is scripture, All scripture, one verse or 100:
2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Believe in Christ. He saves us:

Titus 3:5 He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit​

Roman's 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.​

Eph. 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

The Law is works, and it never achieved righteousness, but Christ offered us a better covenant and with it comes peace:

Roman's 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.​

I have the Passover Lamb of God.
We've covered the hall pass bullshit already....
Whereas I think you attacking rival religions and blatantly misstating their practices and beliefs shows you worship the form of religion instead of the spirit of God.

Since we are in a Catholic thread, if the shoe fits... If this was a Muslim thread on how to to be saved, I would be referring to exactly the same scripture.
You state the practices, Scripture refutes the practices, and that makes it harder for you to push back. It's easier for you to attack the messenger than it is to disprove the message.
For example, when Christ tells a sinner on a cross that he will be with Christ in Paradise instead of Purgatory, it's ok to point that out as a case against Purgatory. When you attack me as turning Christ into a hall pass you are actually attacking scripture.
Same thing with salvation. I just provided 18 verses that tells us exactly what it takes to obtain salvation. That's Christ telling you how to achieve salvation, not me. It is providing the truth according to Christ, regardless of what religion has taught you.
It gives readers the opportunity to weigh any religious doctrine vs what we are told by Christ.

Last edited:
I have quoted many verses. There is no need to post the whole chapter in order to get the point across. If one verse can defeat Satan in the desert, then it works here as well. But to satisfy you, here are a bunch of verses. Note the common thread in them all. It isn't work or paths or our own holiness. The criteria for receiving eternal life with our Father is to believe on the Son:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

John 1:12–13 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Ephesians 1:13–14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

John 3:16–18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Acts 16:31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.​

MARK 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.​

James 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe​

Romans 10:1 Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.​

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life​

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved​

Mark 1:15 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live​

John 11:25 And saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel​

John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins​

John 6:28 Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent​

Then your argument is with Isaiah and God:
Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
It is absolutely scripture. "So called" was added by you. It is not to be found in the verse in the Bible. What we consider righteous and what God considers righteous can be two completely different things.

Then again, I may be saving a person who thinks they can work their way to Heaven, because it isn't my opinion, it is scripture, All scripture, one verse or 100:
2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Believe in Christ. He saves us:

Titus 3:5 He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit​

Roman's 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.​

Eph. 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

The Law is works, and it never achieved righteousness, but Christ offered us a better covenant and with it comes peace:

Roman's 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.​

There is no argument.

You can continue to be deceived by the deceiver or you understand and follow the truth.

I AM. There is no other.

Happy Mother’s Day. Honor Your Mother.

Amen. 🙏

A Protestant will invite you to church, give you a Bible to read, and then invite you to do an altar call and be "saved."

So, Protestantism is easy.

If you want to be Catholic, you have to go to a special school and learn about Catholicism. It takes a year and you get the sacraments at Easter. And then, guess what? You're not "saved." You're on the road to being saved, and there's a lot of ways to get knocked off that road.
I think the reason some leave Catholicism is because righteous rules are too exacting. They make excuses about not believing in it anymore, but in reality the rules are too tough, and these people want to do what they want. They don't want to get up on Sunday morning anymore. they want to practice birth control, they want to get drunk, and they want to fornicate. Then after that it's not so far a slope down to favoring abortion. On top of that, they have the constant barrage of leftwing media preaching these very things as "good".

Forum List

Back