Electric ambulances

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Well, just make sure if you have an accident that you're within a round trip of 125 miles, or it could be curtains for you.

For the first time in history, a purpose-built all-electric ambulance designed by paramedics for paramedics.

During every development stage of the Demers eFX Ambulance, experienced paramedics operating in various environments and conditions were invited to share insights, test prototypes, validate assumptions and provide valuable feedback.

Not a single mechanical, medical, design, or ergonomic aspect was left untouched, and the result is simply astonishing.

Demers eFX is centered around the human, with the unique characteristic to meet the fundamental needs of paramedics, patients, and fleet managers – without compromise

I wonder if the defibrillator is plugged into the main battery, that could lower the range 🤔

Even when I lived in rural east Alabama, I was never more than 30-40 miles from a hospital. The overwhelming majority of accidents happen within 10 to 15 miles of a hospital.

If you are seriously injured and need immediate medical care, and are more than 60 miles from a hospital, you will likely be taken by helicopter.

Even when I lived in rural east Alabama, I was never more than 30-40 miles from a hospital. The overwhelming majority of accidents happen within 10 to 15 miles of a hospital.

If you are seriously injured and need immediate medical care, and are more than 60 miles from a hospital, you will likely be taken by helicopter.
Electric helicopter?

Well, just make sure if you have an accident that you're within a round trip of 125 miles, or it could be curtains for you.

For the first time in history, a purpose-built all-electric ambulance designed by paramedics for paramedics.

During every development stage of the Demers eFX Ambulance, experienced paramedics operating in various environments and conditions were invited to share insights, test prototypes, validate assumptions and provide valuable feedback.

Not a single mechanical, medical, design, or ergonomic aspect was left untouched, and the result is simply astonishing.

Demers eFX is centered around the human, with the unique characteristic to meet the fundamental needs of paramedics, patients, and fleet managers – without compromise

I wonder if the defibrillator is plugged into the main battery, that could lower the range 🤔
I don't think it was designed by paramedics.. Most of those trained in emergency medicine know that these ambulances need to be able to operate for hours on end without stopping. EV charging will make these units useless, IN a disaster event they will be useless piles of steel.

Forum List

Back