Even More Good News (Maybe)

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.

From the piece:

"Borrowers with certain kinds of federal loans need to consolidate — effectively, refinance with the federal government — by Tuesday, April 30, to qualify for debt cancellation through two existing programs, Income-Driven Repayment and Public Service Loan Forgiveness."

Essentially, your student loans need to be re-financed and, if you make your payments for a certain amount of time--and if they are the right kind of loans, they can be forgiven after a period of completed payments.

Thanks Joe.

From the piece:

"Borrowers with certain kinds of federal loans need to consolidate — effectively, refinance with the federal government — by Tuesday, April 30, to qualify for debt cancellation through two existing programs, Income-Driven Repayment and Public Service Loan Forgiveness."

Essentially, your student loans need to be re-financed and, if you make your payments for a certain amount of time--and if they are the right kind of loans, they can be forgiven after a period of completed payments.

Thanks Joe.
when are they going to start doing home and car loans,,

The student loan interest scheme seems to be an extremely lucrative one for lenders. Someone should break up that racket.
The low interest and the fees charged from banks the last few decades were a warning to us due to becoming a debtor nation with an out-of-control fiat currency. The racket is the fiat currency used by the corrupted political class to keep power.

The student loan interest scheme seems to be an extremely lucrative one for lenders. Someone should break up that racket.
Well, as I've stated here many times, we're going about it all wrong. I mean, if you're watching this system from Mars, you'd think "What in the fuck are they doing? An 18 y/o taking out $100K in loans???" It is ridiculous from any standpoint. My thought is that I'm stunned this system has survived for as long as it has given that education isn't an option in this day and age...its a necessity. The days of making your living tending a field or as a blacksmith are long gone. Even the trades have a heavy educational component these days.

What I think we should do is take a system like we have with Social Security and reverse the flow. In SS, you pay every week or so during your work life and when you retire, you get money paid back to you the rest of your life. Its become a cornerstone of retirement planning for generations.

We should pay citizens to go to trade school or college/universities up front and then, over their work life, deduct the up front monies they used from their paycheck. No qualifying. No credit check. No stipulation that you have to go full-time. No limit on where you spend it except you have to go to a public school if one is nearby and offers your course of study...if not, you go to a school of your choice. No age limits though on the "back end", the younger you are, the less you pay each paycheck. The older you are, the more you have to pay. It covers everything... tuition, fees, study materials, and a set-aside for tutoring (not housing or transportation). Payments go directly to the schools so the students don't get a debit card to use to buy Call of Duty 50 or take a trip to Cabo. It bypasses the predatory lending by banks who have made an art out of getting kids on the hook for these ridiculous loans. It is flexible and you can use it anyway you like regardless of were you are in your life journey. I would put a age limit on the low end at 16 (with conditions) or 18 for everyone else. You pay back whatever you spend with a small amount of interest. Cap the repayment at $50 a paycheck.

Each citizen gets 60 hours of trade school/college paid for up front. (I keep listing "trade school" first because right wing posters on here don't seem to understand what I write when I list it second). You can use that however you want. The amount you get paid is the average of the ten closest Institutions of higher education to your home. So someone in Manhattan NY will have a higher number, probably, than someone in Manhattan, Kansas. Here are some examples:

A1. Again, I have to list trade schools first--otherwise some won't understand. Someone who doesn't want to get a degree can use the stipend to pay for direct training. They can take welding, dance, truck driving, nail technician, culinary trades, hospitality, AC tech, auto mechanics, or decide to take dodge ball and pickle ball classes. Its up to them. If you do take the dodge ball and pickle ball trek though...you're going to have to pay for it later on.

A2. A kid just graduating HS. The first 2 years of college are paid for. Or, if they are smart, they pay for the first 2 years and may decide--if the numbers line up--to use the money to pay for the last 2 years of college if they are going for 4 year degree.

B. If you're into your career like I am and maybe you want to take courses to get ahead, you can do that too. Or if you just want to take a class in art history or botany...or languages. Yep. You can do that too. Now, someone like me will have to pay back more than a Spring chicken every paycheck because I'm older than dirt.

C. If you're hoping to change careers...you can use that money to do that too. This would need some tweaking to the system because it's likely that you'd be not getting a paycheck at the time you're getting the new training. You may be on unemployment when this takes place (I'm picturing layoffs)...would it get deducted??? Hard to say.

Anyway, that is the outline. Whatever the system is..it can't be worse than what we have now with kids who have never worked a serious job in their lives being on the hook for thousands of dollars in loans. It's nuts.

Yeah thanks Joe, morons like the OP are desperate for you and Dimocrats to continue to train them to suck on that government tit.
That's about all they are good for anyway.
It is mostly bullshit.

Biden and his administration are doing all sorts of things, they either can't do, or are not legally entitled to.

Remember last time around when he said they were going to cure cancer? Yeah.

. . . and they are promising all other unrealistic things. . . like re-establishing Roe v. Wade. It's all grasping at straws, because the folks that tend to vote blue, are suckers. Hell, they always have been. Obama was a con man, conned them all. Most real progressives will tell you that. He was nothing but a liar and a fake.

The only folks that have student debt relief available to them, are public service employees. Those are the only people with whom a law has been passed, and they must actually serve the public to have, and maybe pay some? I forget all the details of the congressional law.

Now, as to the other part?

"Income-Driven Repayment?"

Nope, they tried it once before, and the SCOTUS shot them down.

So they have reworded and reworked the executive action, "hoping," to get it past the SCOTUS. . . well? IF it is a good idea? Why not just submit it to congress, make it a law, and then none of the legal wrangling over a clearly unconstitutional E.O. will occur.

ONLY CONGRESS can authorize the spending of government funds. . . the administration can't just give money to poor folks to pay off their debts if they vote for him.

Everyone that has had basic high school government, KNOWS, he has no authority to spend tax payer money, unless there is a law, and money budgeted by congress.

Biden’s new student debt relief proposal aims to avoid Supreme Court fate​

Story by Lexi Lonas
• 1w • 5 min read

Joe Biden Sued by Multiple States Over Student Loan Forgiveness Plan​

Published Apr 16, 2024

From the piece:

Thanks Joe.
Mine should have been forgiven due to disability during Trump but no, I finally got notified my reconsolidated federal student loan is being forgiven

It is mostly bullshit.

Biden and his administration are doing all sorts of things, they either can't do, or are not legally entitled to.

Remember last time around when he said they were going to cure cancer? Yeah.

. . . and they are promising all other unrealistic things. . . like re-establishing Roe v. Wade. It's all grasping at straws, because the folks that tend to vote blue, are suckers. Hell, they always have been. Obama was a con man, conned them all. Most real progressives will tell you that. He was nothing but a liar and a fake.

The only folks that have student debt relief available to them, are public service employees. Those are the only people with whom a law has been passed, and they must actually serve the public to have, and maybe pay some? I forget all the details of the congressional law.

Now, as to the other part?

"Income-Driven Repayment?"

Nope, they tried it once before, and the SCOTUS shot them down.

So they have reworded and reworked the executive action, "hoping," to get it past the SCOTUS. . . well? IF it is a good idea? Why not just submit it to congress, make it a law, and then none of the legal wrangling over a clearly unconstitutional E.O. will occur.

ONLY CONGRESS can authorize the spending of government funds. . . the administration can't just give money to poor folks to pay off their debts if they vote for him.

Everyone that has had basic high school government, KNOWS, he has no authority to spend tax payer money, unless there is a law, and money budgeted by congress.

Biden’s new student debt relief proposal aims to avoid Supreme Court fate​

Story by Lexi Lonas
• 1w • 5 min read

Joe Biden Sued by Multiple States Over Student Loan Forgiveness Plan​

Published Apr 16, 2024
Untrue there always have been several vehicles available for loan forgiveness.

From the piece:

Thanks Joe.

Meanwhile the top issues for young adults is the economy, inflation and housing costs.

So

From the piece:

Thanks Joe.
That’s been the law for some time.

If you work in the public sector for a decade, or private for 20 years

From the piece:

Thanks Joe.

You realize you're going to pay for deadbeat's loans, right? Well maybe not, you probably don't pay taxes

Untrue there always have been several vehicles available for loan forgiveness.
Yes, but on an individual basis. .. not as a broad loan forgiveness program.

. . . if his EO weren't doing something new? They would not be taking him to court over it.

Forum List

Back