Gavin Newsom says he won't challenge Biden for the nomination

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Gavin Newsom says he won't challenge Biden for the nomination. As he was pretty much the ONLY viable candidate with any charisma or name recognition the Democrats have for 2024 at this time, I predict that the pressure will intensify to get Biden to say unequivocally that he will not seek re-election.

For what it's worth, Rasmussen polls that have consistently been among the highest if not highest in Biden approval ratings, also conclude that voters don't want Biden, Hillary, Trump either and don't want Pelosi or Mitch to be leaders in the House and Senate.

Gavin Newsom says he won't challenge Biden for the nomination. As he was pretty much the ONLY viable candidate with any charisma or name recognition the Democrats have for 2024 at this time, I predict that the pressure will intensify to get Biden to say unequivocally that he will not seek re-election.

For what it's worth, Rasmussen polls that have consistently been among the highest if not highest in Biden approval ratings, also conclude that voters don't want Biden, Hillary, Trump either and don't want Pelosi or Mitch to be leaders in the House and Senate.
And yet, if they get the nominations, you’ll see them voted in. 😕

And yet, if they get the nominations, you’ll see them voted in. 😕

Yes. When a more attractive, viable choice is not made available, the old guard will be put back in again and again. And sometimes the political machines are working furiously to be sure a more attractive, viable choice won't be available.

Gavin Newsom has a suspicion that he would not be as popular nationally as cheating makes him locally.
I don't know. It could be the Democrat or Deep State machines (assuming those are different animals) see Newsom's baggage as being a problem. But as long as they can control the message via their surrogate MSM, I don't think that worries them a whole lot. Newsom certain appears to be the most electable candidate on the scene right now.

Gavin Newsom has a suspicion that he would not be as popular nationally as cheating makes him locally.

Why is there this double standard between "R" & "D" where it's okay for the conservative red stater to be a hypocritical, cheating, and FAKE POS, but the progressive has to be pure as the driven snow? It's pathetic that Trump can do no wrong, include as he said, "shoot somebody on 5th Ave. & get away w/ it!" What does that say about the support? I already think these a-holes are irredeemable; esp. after ignoring Jan 6th! These criminal fks can't ever go back and excuse their choices, actually undermining our very democracy! :heehee: :stir::rolleyes::omg:

Why is there this double standard between "R" & "D" where it's okay for the conservative red stater to be a hypocritical, cheating, and FAKE POS, but the progressive has to be pure as the driven snow? It's pathetic that Trump can do no wrong, include as he said, "shoot somebody on 5th Ave. & get away w/ it!" What does that say about the support? I already think these a-holes are irredeemable; esp. after ignoring Jan 6th! These criminal fks can't ever go back and excuse their choices, actually undermining our very democracy! :heehee: :stir::rolleyes::omg:
You know Trump never really said that. He was quoting someone else.

I don't know. It could be the Democrat or Deep State machines (assuming those are different animals) see Newsom's baggage as being a problem. But as long as they can control the message via their surrogate MSM, I don't think that worries them a whole lot. Newsom certain appears to be the most electable candidate on the scene right now.

This is just 2022! It's ok to get Gavin's name out there since there's a distinct possibility Biden won't run if he can help it! He can't announce it this early! He's gonna be fighting for his life when Republicans take over the HOUSE and start being a thorn in the collective USA arse! Of course Dems will follow the rules and accept being beaten over the head by subpoenas and committee hearings after Trump thumbed his nose at any investigation! It's a good thing the Senate is still in Dem. hands to bring rational thought to whatever is happening! :dunno::heehee::stir::rolleyes:

Yes. When a more attractive, viable choice is not made available, the old guard will be put back in again and again. And sometimes the political machines are working furiously to be sure a more attractive, viable choice won't be available.
That’s true, and there’s also the comfort people seem to have with the political duopoly, the lesser-of-two evils philosophy. Perot only did as well as he did because he had ridiculous amounts of money; today even that probably wouldn’t be enough.
Voters seem to want a D or R, regardless of the quality of the candidates. And the 2 major parties, I’m sure, do everything they can to ensure smaller parties don’t become viable alternatives.

And really- how scary is that?
As bad as Newsom is, he could be better than Biden in that the deep state would have to convince him to act. He isn't suffering from dementia and would be able to think for himself. Biden isn't capable of making any decisions any more so he says or signs whatever they tell him to say or sign. And of course it could make Newsom even more dangerous in some ways with executive powers that he would have.

This is just 2022! It's ok to get Gavin's name out there since there's a distinct possibility Biden won't run if he can help it! He can't announce it this early! He's gonna be fighting for his life when Republicans take over the HOUSE and start being a thorn in the collective USA arse! Of course Dems will follow the rules and accept being beaten over the head by subpoenas and committee hearings after Trump thumbed his nose at any investigation! It's a good thing the Senate is still in Dem. hands to bring rational thought to whatever is happening! :dunno::heehee::stir::rolleyes:
The Democrats have never followed the rules before. I doubt they will now either.

The Democrats have never followed the rules before. I doubt they will now either.

Gawd, the delusions are rampant with you people! It's so disturbing we have such unpatriotic a-holes who think "party" over country! It's so pathetic I can't describe how disappointed I am with a good chunk of the country who've collectively lost their fk'n minds! :heehee: :stir::rolleyes:;)

That’s true, and there’s also the comfort people seem to have with the political duopoly, the lesser-of-two evils philosophy. Perot only did as well as he did because he had ridiculous amounts of money; today even that probably wouldn’t be enough.
Voters seem to want a D or R, regardless of the quality of the candidates. And the 2 major parties, I’m sure, do everything they can to ensure smaller parties don’t become viable alternatives.
Perot did as well as he did because he offered a vision the American people very much wanted even if it was pretty fuzzy in definition. The difference between him and Trump, Perot chose to run as an independent which game him a serious handicap to begin with. However, if he hadn't revealed his more crazy side when somebody(ies)--probably politically motivated--threatened him, he might have won the first election.

As an aside, I seriously doubt Perot had the vision, instincts, know how, courage, or skill set of a Donald Trump who laid out a very clear and compelling vision that got him elected in 2016.

Gawd, the delusions are rampant with you people! It's so disturbing we have such unpatriotic a-holes who think "party" over country! It's so pathetic I can't describe how disappointed I am with a good chunk of the country who've collectively lost their fk'n minds! :heehee: :stir::rolleyes:;)
You're the one who brought up party and said the Dems followed the rules. They didn't back then and they don't now.

Perot did as well as he did because he offered a vision the American people very much wanted even if it was pretty fuzzy in definition. The difference between him and Trump, Perot chose to run as an independent which game him a serious handicap to begin with. However, if he hadn't revealed his more crazy side when somebody(ies)--probably politically motivated--threatened him, he might have won the first election.

As an aside, I seriously doubt Perot had the vision, instincts, know how, courage, or skill set of a Donald Trump who laid out a very clear and compelling vision that got him elected in 2016.

Hmm, I was thinking the crazy came from Sarah Palin! Thanks for reminding us how crazy Perot was back then!

Forum List

Back