CDZ How is Transgender Theory Different from Religion?

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
So we have a radical left-wing that is aggressively and successfully pushing transgender ideology into public schools.

The problem I see is that transgender ideology has all the exact same things that a religion has, and thus public schools shouldn't be allowed to champion them.

Let's compare Transgender Ideology to Christianity.

Both are based on an unprovable assumption. The assumption in Christianity is that God the Father exists, Christ Jesus was born to Mary, etc. The assumption in transgender ideology is that the interconnected sex/gender can be fluid and change based on the feelings of the individual.

Both are professed based on feelings. You'll often hear Christians say how they "feel" the spirit. You'll hear transgender people say they "feel" like the opposite sex.

Here is where they differ:

In Transgenderism, if you disagree with their ideological, unprovable claims, you're a transphobe who is guilty of harm. In Christianity, if you disagree with their religious, unprovable claims, you're just fine.

So we're left with a choice.. do we:
A. Call people who reject Christianity as horrible Christophobes who are maliciously attacking the identities of believers? (to maintain the standard that transgenderism demands)
B. Treat transgenderism like we do Christianity, keep it out of our public schools, and realize it's a belief that you can follow or not follow, and you're not a bad person if you don't believe.

Is there a printed Bible of Transgenderism for sale in book shops?
I think the goal is to get shop owners to stop embarrassing these people when they go out in public. Doesn’t matter if it makes you uncomfortable. Get over it.

So they show gays and lesbians kiss on tv. Yes, to get your kids used to it. Why? Because otherwise they pick on gays. And gays feel guilty for their normal feelings

I think the goal is to get shop owners to stop embarrassing these people when they go out in public. Doesn’t matter if it makes you uncomfortable. Get over it.

So they show gays and lesbians kiss on tv. Yes, to get your kids used to it. Why? Because otherwise they pick on gays. And gays feel guilty for their normal feelings
So do we need to show more Christians worshipping on TV? or more people doing the cross before meals? I mean, if we don't, won't they pick on Christians?

That's the same logic.

So we have a radical left-wing that is aggressively and successfully pushing transgender ideology into public schools.

The problem I see is that transgender ideology has all the exact same things that a religion has, and thus public schools shouldn't be allowed to champion them.

Both are based on an unprovable assumption. The assumption in Christianity is that God the Father exists, Christ Jesus was born to Mary, etc. The assumption in transgender ideology is that the interconnected sex/gender can be fluid and change based on the feelings of the individual.

Both are professed based on feelings. You'll often hear Christians say how they "feel" the spirit. You'll hear transgender people say they "feel" like the opposite sex.

Here is where they differ:

In Transgenderism, if you disagree with their ideological, unprovable claims, you're a transphobe who is guilty of harm. In Christianity, if you disagree with their religious, unprovable claims, you're just fine.

A. Call people who reject Christianity as horrible Christophobes who are maliciously attacking the identities of believers? (to maintain the standard that transgenderism demands)
B. Treat transgenderism like we do Christianity, keep it out of our public schools, and realize it's a belief that you can follow or not follow, and you're not a bad person if you don't believe.
The Left tries to convince us all that the whole transgender crap is scientific.

In other words, just get a bunch of health care professionals give us their scientific garbage regarding it and accept it or be declared anti-science and a hater.

Really, it's how they deal with pretty much every issue. First declare science has settled something and then take on an air of moral superiority to your detractors.

May they all burn in eternal flame

The Left tries to convince us all that the whole transgender crap is scientific.

In other words, just get a bunch of health care professionals give us their scientific garbage regarding it and accept it or be declared anti-science and a hater.

Really, it's how they deal with pretty much every issue. First declare science has settled something and then take on an air of moral superiority to your detractors.

May they all burn in eternal flame
It's not scientific, it's a psychological theory, one that isn't much supported by clinical psychologists. But as a political ideology, that doesn't matter.

I hope they all don't burn, and I hope you and I don't too. I don't get why you'd hope for that.

It's not scientific, it's a psychological theory, one that isn't much supported by clinical psychologists. But as a political ideology, that doesn't matter.

I hope they all don't burn, and I hope you and I don't too. I don't get why you'd hope for that.
For destroying the lives of young children all over the world

Gender confusion is up some 4000% after this crap has started to be taught.

Destroying the innocence of children is a top offense for me

And destroying my country in addition is a close second.

I can't decide which they care less about, the children or the country.

Judging from the numbers of babies thrown in dumpsters every day, they probably care less about the children.

These people are subhuman

It's rebellion for people against social norms forced by the community and it's projected cultural gender based stereotypes.

It's rebellion for people against social norms forced by the community and it's projected cultural gender based stereotypes.
You have never had a real taste of rebellion.

Those submitting to this gender crap are conformists.

Gender dysphoria is an observable psychological condition that has existed throughout history. It is not an "ideology," as it is not a belief system, and comparing it with a religion, Christian or otherwise, is totally absurd. Moreover, just mentioning that this condition exists among humans is not "championing" it. Also, there are several different usages of the word "feel" in English. Context is important. It can be used to describe momentary experiences, like feeling sad, cold, hungry, spiritually inspired, afraid. It also can be used to more permanent on-going psychological experiences and things that one has always known about one's inner self. Every one of us has an inner self that probably is something that we are born with. Put a few four-year-olds in a toy store and tell them that they can play with anything they want, without any interference from an adult, and watch what each gravitates toward.

Writing about gender issues is difficult in general due to the danger of becoming ensnared by cultural norms that enforce stereotypes that have nothing to do with the individual.

Writing about Christianity is also difficult due to the fact that it is a generic term that does not account for the fact that there are many different groups of Christians with widely varying beliefs. Some groups reject people who have gender dysphoria and others don't reject people on this or any other ground. Sadly, what has been long ignored is the personal spiritual beliefs of the transgendered and others who are the subject of these controversies.

This is one of the most bizarre threads I've seen on USMB.

How is Transgender Theory Different from Religion?
There is no such thing as ‘transgender theory,’ whatever that’s supposed to be, having nothing to do with religion.

Being transgender is an expression of individual liberty, consistent with the right to self-determination.

Persons have a fundamental right to express themselves as individuals, to make choices about their personal lives, including how they identify and express themselves with regard to gender.

Conservatives’ unwarranted hostility toward transgender Americans is therefore understandable, given the authoritarian right’s fear of diversity and dissent and desire to compel conformity.

There is no such thing as ‘transgender theory,’ whatever that’s supposed to be, having nothing to do with religion.

Being transgender is an expression of individual liberty, consistent with the right to self-determination.

Persons have a fundamental right to express themselves as individuals, to make choices about their personal lives, including how they identify and express themselves with regard to gender.

Conservatives’ unwarranted hostility toward transgender Americans is therefore understandable, given the authoritarian right’s fear of diversity and dissent and desire to compel conformity.
Others have the right to ignore such self delusion.

Except unlike Christian Dogma, the psychology of trans people can be documented in real time and understood scientifically.

Really? Did you miss the Crusades? The wars of religion? The Thirty-Years War? The Spanish Inquisition? 150 years of the English chopping off heads and burning people at the stake starting with Henry VIII wanting to dump his wife?

Except your analogy is flawed. If we treated Transgenderism like a religion, EVERYONE would be forced to cross dress.

Here's the better question... why do you need to unreasonably hate on trans people? No one is forcing you to wear a dress.

Except unlike Christian Dogma, the psychology of trans people can be documented in real time and understood scientifically.

BillNyeCrazy.gif

JC you gender confused MF ass holes

Put a man in a dress and have him go to a lezzie bar and see what discrimination is...........................................LOLOLOL

Gender dysphoria is an observable psychological condition that has existed throughout history. It is not an "ideology," as it is not a belief system, and comparing it with a religion, Christian or otherwise, is totally absurd.

You're right. Gender dysphoria Has definitely been observed as a mental disorder. However, Transgender ideology is the suggestion that it's not a mental disorder, and that all of the traits and connections of the different sexes we know naturally or intellectually throughout history are wrong and don't exist.

Moreover, just mentioning that this condition exists among humans is not "championing" it.

Is it just "mentioned" in society or classrooms? No, it's not just mentioned in passing. It's highlighted and supported, despite its mythological nature.

Also, there are several different usages of the word "feel" in English. Context is important. It can be used to describe momentary experiences, like feeling sad, cold, hungry, spiritually inspired, afraid. It also can be used to more permanent on-going psychological experiences and things that one has always known about one's inner self. Every one of us has an inner self that probably is something that we are born with. Put a few four-year-olds in a toy store and tell them that they can play with anything they want, without any interference from an adult, and watch what each gravitates toward.
Indeed the word can be used differently, but it's application is the same. Let's look at the common applications:
A person who is born male says they "feel" female...
- My first question is; how do they know what being female feels like? Do male and female identities have feelings? Is there any descriptors besides "It's just what I feel"?
- From what I've heard, the "feeling" usually stems from an attraction to stereotypically opposite sex characteristics. The person in this scenario often will justify their demand by others to accept their feeling because they like to dress in women's clothing and wear make up. Well, I would suggest that perhaps they are just a man who likes to cross dress?

Writing about gender issues is difficult in general due to the danger of becoming ensnared by cultural norms that enforce stereotypes that have nothing to do with the individual.

Writing about Christianity is also difficult due to the fact that it is a generic term that does not account for the fact that there are many different groups of Christians with widely varying beliefs. Some groups reject people who have gender dysphoria and others don't reject people on this or any other ground. Sadly, what has been long ignored is the personal spiritual beliefs of the transgendered and others who are the subject of these controversies.

This is one of the most bizarre threads I've seen on USMB.
There are very close similarities in application, but then completely different treatments to them in society. Both are unprovable besides from the inner perspective of the believer. Both preach their message of what happens underneath the physical realm. However, As we all know, the transgender ideology demands, and attempts to enforce by law or pressure, that we accept a person's vague, inner perspective as reality for the entire world. And, if you question it you're some sort of hateful, bad person.

Well, why can't a Christian say the same thing?

A Christian could say "I love God, God defines me as a person. I want to live by His word and be like Him as much as I can". Then a non-believer can say "That's nice, but I don't think he exists".... well, by transgender standards, wouldn't that be hate speech against the Christian? You would be rejecting their inner truth and who they are.

Of course, as a Christian, I don't expect that, nor would I want that. I value the freedom of those to choose to believe metaphysics or not believe. However, we need consistent standards. The compulsion of trans-activists and those on the left, including the media, big tech, academia, hollywood, etc., to not respect the freedom of those in the majority who don't think that people can just change their sex or be gender fluid is so intolerant. It brings out the worst kind of anger in our society. They have to label those who even respectfully disagree with their suggestion as "hateful". It's untrue and malicious. If anyone "hates", it's those who become angry at those who don't believe their doctrine.

Yes, they can be documented absolutely. Any psychiatrist and psychologist can do so.

As far as "understood scientifically", you'll have to say how that is.

Really? Did you miss the Crusades? The wars of religion? The Thirty-Years War? The Spanish Inquisition? 150 years of the English chopping off heads and burning people at the stake starting with Henry VIII wanting to dump his wife?

What in the heck are you even talking about?
Except your analogy is flawed. If we treated Transgenderism like a religion, EVERYONE would be forced to cross dress.
Again.. what? Who is trying to force everyone to believe in any faith besides the Muslims? They can answer for themselves, I'll talk about Christianity. It's a free will religion. You can choose to join the team or not.

Here's the better question... why do you need to unreasonably hate on trans people? No one is forcing you to wear a dress.
Here's an example of what I talked about in the previous post. It's awful that you'd resort to such nasty tactics with absolutely zero proof. Spreading false rumors isn't a good action no matter which moral code you subscribe to.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back