I Laugh Hard at Those Who Say Biden Snookered Trump into a Bad Debate Deal.

I am sure team trump would like to see Joe at a disadvantage also. I am content to wait until they work it out, or see who chickens and runs from further negotiation or the debate itself. However the internet rules debate works out, it will be interesting and telling to see how the campaigns handle whatever negotiations take place, and if they can actually negotiate settled rules for a simple debate, as these are two vying for the office placing the winner in position to have to be involved in negotiations (national and international) of actual consequence. So, who can negotiate? Who can negotiate to their advantage or mutual advantage? Who can keep negotiations alive until appropriate desired action (in this case a debate) actually takes place? This is all just the pre-game show of the debate itself. I can wait for the actual kickoff, to decide on the play.
In theory, as long as the rules are the same for both debaters, there is no advantage for either one.

But, as an extreme example, if the rules had the debators sitting in separate sound proof booths with teleprompters, and their mics cut off after time alloted for answers, that would be a big help to Biden, and a disadvantage for Trump.

But not enough to make it an even match. Those rules benefit Biden only by making it more difficult for Trump's strengths to be displayed and for Biden's weaknesses to trip him up.

So Trump should agree to almost any rules that are identical for each candidate, because he is sure to "win."

The one argument Trump's people may make to him is that he should not lend his stature and public recognition to BIden by appearing on stage with him as if they were equals.

Biden proposed the two debates. So the fool was the other guy, which is OK because DJ will weasel his ass right out of them like he always does.

How do you see it that way.

As I said they are already debating.

Trump thrives on drama. And Biden have given him some.

It reflects zero thought on your part. It’s a conspiracy theory. All you guys do is trade in them. When the blob has oozed off the national stage, it’s going to be fascinating to watch you try to adapt to sobriety again.

This is hysterical coming from the party of the Stuttering Incontinent Celery Stalk in Charge.

There is no sobriety, only tears.

The Celery Stalk has accelerated our pace on getting to 40 trillion in debt and nobody, but nobody is talking about it.

You don't ease into bankruptcy. You just close the doors. That is where we are headed and SICS is getting us there faster.

Who cares about Stormy Daniels....oh, yeah...you do.

In theory, as long as the rules are the same for both debaters, there is no advantage for either one.

But, as an extreme example, if the rules had the debators sitting in separate sound proof booths with teleprompters, and their mics cut off after time alloted for answers, that would be a big help to Biden, and a disadvantage for Trump.

But not enough to make it an even match. Those rules benefit Biden only by making it more difficult for Trump's strengths to be displayed and for Biden's weaknesses to trip him up.

So Trump should agree to almost any rules that are identical for each candidate, because he is sure to "win."

The one argument Trump's people may make to him is that he should not lend his stature and public recognition to BIden by appearing on stage with him as if they were equals.
That is up to them. It would be taken as a sign of supreme weakness and failure of ability to negotiate, but someone touted at a supreme negotiator and failure to achieve goals.

I have plenty of popcorn and beer and time to watch, to see who flinches.

until it turns into a farce.
What appears to be a "Debate" is currently the farce.

This should be about policies.

Instead, it will be personal attacks and interruptions, and never answering the moderators direct question.

NOT what I want to watch.

I turned on Smerconish on CNN this morning. He's saying Biden hornswoggled President Trump into a bad debate deal, that he out-negotiated the author of "The Art of the Deal". I've heard that take on other leftwing news outlets. I laugh whenever I hear it. See, Trump has said before that he doesn't start negotiating until the other side thinks it's a done deal. It's why he's the top negotiator in the world. There's no way in hell Trump is going to do something that isn't favorable to him. He could dissolve this whole thing as easily as it started by saying "I never agreed to the terms Biden's team set up". What's Biden and the media going to say? "Oh, that Trump. He's a despicable liar". Well, they've already said that 10,000 times, so it will have zero effect. That's what happens when you cry wolf 100 times a day.

The left can't outmaneuver this guy no way no how.

Even leftwing Jen Psaki agrees with me.

Trump has already found his out, he never planned to debate Joe, he is afraid to.

Trump has already found his out, he never planned to debate Joe, he is afraid to.
Why do you think so?

Even if Trump could be convinced that he would lose to Biden, or lose votes if he debates Biden, his ego wouldn't let him back out after saying that he's ready to go.

He would be much more likely to use the threat of backing out to get more favorable conditions. But even if he cannot, I don't see him missing this chance.

His own arrogance and hubris are what did Trump in here. He thought Biden wouldn't agree to get the debates out of the way before the conventions.
Art of the Deal tried to bluff here...and he got called. No audience. No chance to riff. He's knows he's toast. So now, he's trying every which way he can think of to justify backing out.
Yes he will whine like the butt boy he is and chicken out like he always does.

You base your assumptions on Biden being able to function, much less debate. The more biased the 'moderators' are the worse it looks for Biden. This will backfire just like the clown show 'trials'.
When they have the right drug cocktail and a week offline, Biden can rant like Hitler in the bunker for 90 minutes

This is hysterical coming from the party of the Stuttering Incontinent Celery Stalk in Charge.

There is no sobriety, only tears.

The Celery Stalk has accelerated our pace on getting to 40 trillion in debt and nobody, but nobody is talking about it.
From what I’ve been told by numerous right wing posters on this board....The House spends money, not the President.
You don't ease into bankruptcy. You just close the doors. That is where we are headed and SICS is getting us there faster.
As your blob has done--6 times.
Who cares about Stormy Daniels....oh, yeah...you do.
Trump cared enough to pay her for the pootie.

Trump has already trotted out "I demand that Biden take a drug test before the debate." And he wants a third debate. Joe will refuse both of those, and DJ will duck out completely, because reasons.
This is what I mean about him being the top negotiator. The Biden team and their media thinks it's a done deal, and that they won. With Trump, it's never a done deal until the event itself. He's just started negotiating.

There are more rules to be discussed? I thought they had it agreed. Is that planned microphone shutoff if one of them goes over time or interrupts thing, actually part of it?
I would like to see what the debate actual rules are, for sure. If one of them backs out, I am pretty sure, we will get a glimpse of the rule request, reject, insisted on, and then object by bowing out. It is true, though, neither side's partisan nut balls will see it as anything but cowardice of the opponent side, for the purpose of getting out of the debate in public.
The rules are set. That doesn’t mean that they may agree to changes but the rules are set.

This is what I mean about him being the top negotiator. The Biden team and their media thinks it's a done deal, and that they won. With Trump, it's never a done deal until the event itself. He's just started negotiating.

It has shades of the government shutdown he had. He got blamed for it and got nothing in return.

I am sure team trump would like to see Joe at a disadvantage also. I am content to wait until they work it out, or see who chickens and runs from further negotiation or the debate itself. However the internet rules debate works out, it will be interesting and telling to see how the campaigns handle whatever negotiations take place, and if they can actually negotiate settled rules for a simple debate, as these are two vying for the office placing the winner in position to have to be involved in negotiations (national and international) of actual consequence. So, who can negotiate? Who can negotiate to their advantage or mutual advantage? Who can keep negotiations alive until appropriate desired action (in this case a debate) actually takes place? This is all just the pre-game show of the debate itself. I can wait for the actual kickoff, to decide on the play.
Its already negotiated. Trump will demand new terms and back out.

Forum List

Back