Is Assad a evil man?

WE have the capability though, don't we? And what does Syria have that we could dip our hands into?

It looks as if a second Red-line ultimatum was used by Kerry to Assad, today. I find it hard to believe he could do this. How could we back down, now? Is this the administrations' way of committing America to war with Syria, et al.

John Kerry gives Syria week to hand over chemical weapons or face attack

US secretary of state tells London press conference with William Hague that US intelligence blames Assad regime for gas attack

The US secretary of state has said that President Bashar al-Assad has one week to hand over his entire stock of chemical weapons to avoid a military attack. But John Kerry added that he had no expectation that the Syrian leader would comply.

Kerry also said he had no doubt that Assad was responsible for the chemical weapons attack in east Damascus on 21 August, saying that only three people are responsible for the chemical weapons inside Syria – Assad, one of his brothers and a senior general. He said the entire US intelligence community was united in believing Assad was responsible.

More:

John Kerry gives Syria week to hand over chemical weapons or face attack | World news | theguardian.com

Putin is saying the same thing. The peace plan is emerging. Assad has to give up control of his chem weapons.

Link?

I've not seen one shred of evidence that proves Assad gassed his own people. The rebels could have done it for all I know. I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm saying there is ZERO proof and until I see that proof I'm not going to judge him Evil.

The question is do you believe Assad to be a evil man? The fact that he is slaughtering innocent people daily without a thought = yes. The media thought that he was going to be a educated moderate...Boy were they wrong.

Probably the most cold hearted son of a bitch to rule a nation of the past 20 years. Kills babies and children without a second thought...

He definently is yes.

My problem is...what if he is telling the truth that he did NOT use chemical weapons on his own people? What if he is being set up? And if so..by whom?

Sorry, but I need more proof HE ok'd it. Not just Kerry saying "we know he did it". Once, I trusted our government completely. But I was young and stupid.

Actually, if you'd even spent a full enlistment in the U.S. Military (and I've spent 20 years I it, most of which was for CBR (Chemical, Biological and Radiological) warfare) you'd know that it wasn't the rebels who had the ability to deliver those weapons, it was the government of Assad.

If you knew about the delivery systems (as well as the aerosol vectors required), you'd know that the rebels don't have the ability to do that, but the government of Assad does.

I don't support the invasion (or "surgical strikes") that the government does. I think we should stay out of it.

However........................if he uses more chemical weapons? Find out where they originated from, as well as where they were delivered from, and destroy them both.

Unless you were there in Syria and watched his forces launch the attack with the chemical weapons and had personal knowledge he gave the order for the attack, you do not know Assad was responsible.

If the rebels had the capacity to launch attacks like this wouldn't they just bomb the fuck out of Damascus and end this? :dunno:

My problem is...what if he is telling the truth that he did NOT use chemical weapons on his own people? What if he is being set up? And if so..by whom?

Sorry, but I need more proof HE ok'd it. Not just Kerry saying "we know he did it". Once, I trusted our government completely. But I was young and stupid.

When a leftist zealot like Kerry says anything, I'm inclined to believe the opposite is true.

Obozo is willing to bomb Syria for no other purpose than to distract from the scandals swirling around the WH. That makes him just as evil as Assad in my book.

If the rebels had the capacity to launch attacks like this wouldn't they just bomb the fuck out of Damascus and end this? :dunno:

A gaggle of cultists in Japan can make a chemical agent. The rebels want to take control of Damascus, not kill everyone. Furthermore it serves their agenda to have chemical agent victims laying around, and have it blamed on Assad.

Actually, if you'd even spent a full enlistment in the U.S. Military (and I've spent 20 years I it, most of which was for CBR (Chemical, Biological and Radiological) warfare) you'd know that it wasn't the rebels who had the ability to deliver those weapons, it was the government of Assad.

If you knew about the delivery systems (as well as the aerosol vectors required), you'd know that the rebels don't have the ability to do that, but the government of Assad does.

I don't support the invasion (or "surgical strikes") that the government does. I think we should stay out of it.

However........................if he uses more chemical weapons? Find out where they originated from, as well as where they were delivered from, and destroy them both.

Unless you were there in Syria and watched his forces launch the attack with the chemical weapons and had personal knowledge he gave the order for the attack, you do not know Assad was responsible.

I don't have to be there in Syria to see them deployed. All I have to do is see the rag tag way the rebels are put together (with very little money or support) and look at what happened.

Sorry, but delivery of chemical weapons is much more than putting bug spray in a bomb and hoping it hits every person around. It requires a sophisticated delivery system (which takes a lot of money) as well as requires that the people doing the delivery of the munitions know how to make it effective.

I mean................................you can spray chemicals, even deadly ones, but if you don't make it able to be drifted on the wind (meaning aerosolized) you won't kill very many people.

And..................to make an effective delivery system requires not only understanding of the chemicals (which requires a lot of money), but also an understanding of how they can be most effective (which requires even more money).

Rebels don't have that kind of money. Governments do.

I don't have to be there in Syria to see them deployed. All I have to do is see the rag tag way the rebels are put together (with very little money or support) and look at what happened.

Sorry, but delivery of chemical weapons is much more than putting bug spray in a bomb and hoping it hits every person around. It requires a sophisticated delivery system (which takes a lot of money) as well as requires that the people doing the delivery of the munitions know how to make it effective.

I mean................................you can spray chemicals, even deadly ones, but if you don't make it able to be drifted on the wind (meaning aerosolized) you won't kill very many people.

And..................to make an effective delivery system requires not only understanding of the chemicals (which requires a lot of money), but also an understanding of how they can be most effective (which requires even more money).

The rebels don't need money to overrun a Syrian Army unit that has control of rocket launchers that are already armed with poison gas and use them.

The rebels don't need money to overrun a Syrian Army unit that has control of rocket launchers that are already armed with poison gas and use them.

Ever been in the military? And, do you know how highly guarded weapons like those are?

Me? I spent over 20 years in the Navy, and was also a member of the CBR teams, and I KNOW how much security goes into guarding those weapons.

Nope.............................sorry....................but the rebels DO need money to get the weapons and manpower to be able to overrun the army. And by the way, a couple of RPG's and AK47's AREN'T enough to "overrun" an army battalion (which probably has tanks with it as well as lots of heavy machine guns) if they're guarding chemical weapons.

Try again.

Forum List

Back