Is Trump being too compassionate?

Is his decision to give congress 6 months to fix the immigration problems a sign of compassion the left says he doesn't have?

Calculation, that's all it shows.

Red meat to the base by claiming he repealed DACA, but give himself some cushion with everyone else with 6 months delay, so he can claim it is Congress' fault.
It's always been a decision for congress.
Obama overstepped his authority, and Trump is telling congress to do their job.
if obama overstepped his authority on DACA then Reagan and Bush1 overstepped their authority as well with their deferred action programs for illegal immigrants...which is possible, but until a case makes it through the supreme court, we'll never know?

It probably would have been better if he had let the states lawsuit go through, just to get the answer...

"The story begins on November 6, 1986, when Reagan signed the last comprehensive legalization bill to pass Congress."

see the key word there?
No????

Reagan nd Bush1 both used executive orders for deffered action years before legislation passed congress?

link to Reagan and Bush EOs that went against Congress?

I remember Reagan granted citizenship to a couple dozen illegal immigrants for their service during the Falklands, but 1986 was per Congress.

Is his decision to give congress 6 months to fix the immigration problems a sign of compassion the left says he doesn't have?
He's triangulating.

The only reason he is President is because it is all about the Mexicans and Muslims. Trump's Chumps will let him violate every conservative principle just as long as Trump keeps bashing Mexicans and Muslims around. And the occasional he-she for lulz.

Trump can put Putin on our postage stamps, and have big hooker orgies in the Rose Garden, just so long as he tosses some Mexicans and Muslims in the ovens once in a while.

Should be interesting to see how the Dems react when Trump and the GOP paint themselves as champions of comprehensive immigration reform and include things that the Dems have been fighting for.

Doesn't look like they've figured this one out yet.
I've been saying for years that I can't wait to see the looks on the faces of the pseudocons when the GOP grants amnesty to illegals.

80 percent of Americans want illegals to have a path to legal status or citizenship.

Pseudocons only bleev in the "will of the people" when it suits them.

Should be interesting to see how the Dems react when Trump and the GOP paint themselves as champions of comprehensive immigration reform and include things that the Dems have been fighting for.

Doesn't look like they've figured this one out yet.

I'll give a preview - GREAT! Why did you jerk everyone around for so long?

Red meat to the base by claiming he repealed DACA, but give himself some cushion with everyone else with 6 months delay, so he can claim it is Congress' fault.
if obama overstepped his authority on DACA then Reagan and Bush1 overstepped their authority as well with their deferred action programs for illegal immigrants...which is possible, but until a case makes it through the supreme court, we'll never know?

It probably would have been better if he had let the states lawsuit go through, just to get the answer...

"The story begins on November 6, 1986, when Reagan signed the last comprehensive legalization bill to pass Congress."

see the key word there?
No????

Reagan nd Bush1 both used executive orders for deffered action years before legislation passed congress?

I remember Reagan granted citizenship to a couple dozen illegal immigrants for their service during the Falklands, but 1986 was per Congress.
Reagan and Bush 1 both forced Congress's hands in to passing immigration close to the president's requests by using executive orders...

let me see if I can find you a link! brb

see the key word there?
No????

here is one,

Reagan And Bush Made The Same Immigration Move That Has The GOP Enraged At Obama

see the key word there?
No????

here is one,

Reagan And Bush Made The Same Immigration Move That Has The GOP Enraged At Obama

and again, you ignore the key word...

CONGRESS

see the key word there?
No????

here is one,

and again, you ignore the key word...

CONGRESS
???

Trump supporting DACA would only prove that he has the most basic, immature level of compassion possible. Something that the movement he heads completely abhors.

His feet and the rest of the GOP's need to be held to the fire until he concedes on this.

This is what Trump and his supports think of DACA:
As President, my highest duty is to defend the American people and the Constitution of the United States of America. At the same time, I do not favor punishing children, most of whom are now adults, for the actions of their parents. But we must also recognize that we are nation of opportunity because we are a nation of laws.

The legislative branch, not the executive branch, writes these laws – this is the bedrock of our Constitutional system, which I took a solemn oath to preserve, protect, and defend.

In June of 2012, President Obama bypassed Congress to give work permits, social security numbers, and federal benefits to approximately 800,000 illegal immigrants currently between the ages of 15 and 36. The typical recipients of this executive amnesty, known as DACA, are in their twenties. Legislation offering these same benefits had been introduced in Congress on numerous occasions and rejected each time.

In referencing the idea of creating new immigration rules unilaterally, President Obama admitted that “I can’t just do these things by myself” – and yet that is exactly what he did, making an end-run around Congress and violating the core tenets that sustain our Republic.

It's time to put an end to eight years of lawlessness and start doing things constitutionally.....something the liberal fascist movement completely abhors.

see the key word there?
No????

here is one,

From your article:

But a lawyer who worked on the 1986 law and the 1990 follow-up as an aide to then-Sen. Alan Simpson, R-Wyo., said Bush's action wasn't controversial because it came after lawmakers had made it clear they were going to tackle the issue.

That's not the same as Obama.

see the key word there?
No????

here is one,

From your article:

But a lawyer who worked on the 1986 law and the 1990 follow-up as an aide to then-Sen. Alan Simpson, R-Wyo., said Bush's action wasn't controversial because it came after lawmakers had made it clear they were going to tackle the issue.

That's not the same as Obama.
But they, congress, still had not done it yet,,,,in fact they voted Bush 1s amnesty down in the House of Representatives or rather, refused to bring the Senate bill up for a vote....it was a year or so later, when congress brought it up for a vote... the second attempt, and it finally passed and Bush was able to sign it in to law....

so this entire time Bush's executive order for these immigrants stayed in place.

If the executive order was legal under Reagan and Bush 1, even for a temporary period like 6 months or a year....then Obama's DACA was just as legal....

I am not certain it was legal for any of them, because the suit cases never made it to the Supreme Court on DACA.

Forum List

Back