It Appears That Biden Voters Are A Bigger Threat Than MAGA

Well then, you know about Daniel and his heritage.

Quakers were not looked upon favorably
The point I was making originally was that someone accused me of being a Yankee, and so I said I was related to Daniel Boone, and people here in TN don't give a flying-fuck if Boones were Quakers or not. I'm not a Quaker, and I've never been a Quaker. That kind of died out about a century ago. I'm a Protestant, which is about as close to being a Quaker as I want to get. Most people around here are Baptists, but the only religion I ever became a member of is LDS, but I never go to services. These days if you tell people you're a Quaker they'll most likely ask WTF is that.

The point I was making originally was that someone accused me of being a Yankee, and so I said I was related to Daniel Boone, and people here in TN don't give a flying-fuck if Boones were Quakers or not. I'm not a Quaker, and I've never been a Quaker. That kind of died out about a century ago. I'm a Protestant, which is about as close to being a Quaker as I want to get. Most people around here are Baptists, but the only religion I ever became a member of is LDS, but I never go to services. These days if you tell people you're a Quaker they'll most likely ask WTF is that.
I go back to the colonists of the 17th century. Direct line. The Mayflower people married into our line. :)

I go back to the colonists of the 17th century. Direct line. The Mayflower people married into our line. :)
My mom is only a couple of generations from Denmark, but she also has bloodlines that tie in with Samuel Lincoln in Mass.

My great Grandmother was from Denmark.

The Boone family is on my Dad's side. His mother was a Boone.

My mom is only a couple of generations from Denmark, but she also has bloodlines that tie in with Samuel Lincoln in Mass.

My great Grandmother was from Denmark.

The Boone family is on my Dad's side. His mother was a Boone.
I remember your posts now. Being tied in with a family always interested me less, than who the direct lines are. Only example that diverts is relation to John Adams who was always one of my favorite learned men of the founding era colonists.

My hobby was/is colonial America and when a genealogical search ran parallel and then merged it was a wonderful surprise. All kinds of documented history of the family lines on both sides, mom's and father's. The families actually lived nearby each other (not aware of each other as far as I know), a few generations before my mom met my father. Great skeletons in the closets came out. Really interesting stuff.

I am going to get a senior pass. Put it off, but after getting rid of a vehicle...
Not an option around here. We don't have much of a mass-transit system.

Course if you live in NYC or SF I'd park my car in the garage and start walking to the bus stop.

Last thing I need is a break-in.

I remember your posts now. Being tied in with a family always interested me less, than who the direct lines are. Only example that diverts is relation to John Adams who was always one of my favorite learned men of the founding era colonists.

My hobby was/is colonial America and when a genealogical search ran parallel and then merged it was a wonderful surprise. All kinds of documented history of the family lines on both sides, mom's and father's. The families actually lived nearby each other (not aware of each other as far as I know), a few generations before my mom met my father. Great skeletons in the closets came out. Really interesting stuff.
There's also a lot of Native-American in my family but it didn't show up in my DNA because most American Indians already know which tribe they belong to and don't submit samples to compare too.

I think everyone in America has at least a little Indian in them.
My wife is half Seminole.
I'm supposed to be part Cherokee.
Mom married a Native-American, but he offed himself, and she remarried my Dad.

There's also a lot of Native-American in my family but it didn't show up in my DNA because most American Indians already know which tribe they belong to and don't submit samples to compare too.

I think everyone in America has at least a little Indian in them.
My wife is half Seminole.
I'm supposed to be part Cherokee.
Mom married a Native-American, but he offed himself, and she remarried my Dad.

I've found that most people who believe they have native American blood ties, do not. That's been my experience. We were old we had some on father's side. Genealogical search showed nothing. Then a news article about a relation (skeleton in closet thing), peaked my interest. Person was living on an island with ties to tribal folks.

Spokane. Most of my Dad's family is from Seattle area. My dad was born in Bremerton and lived in Port Orchard,

I played at the Expo in Spokane in 74' in my H.S. band.
Best concert we ever played.
Spokane is an interesting city. I was taken to a hospital there after being involved in a serious accident. I visited a few times too. I believe they finally have a Level 1 Trauma Center. Used to be only a Level 2 there, and people would get flown out to Seattle area for a Level 1.

People I know had a biz in Bremerton. I also have friends who own land/homes outside of Seattle. Very pricey areas. One of my lawyers was in Seattle. Won me a good settlement claim. :auiqs.jpg:

Spokane is an interesting city. I was taken to a hospital there after being involved in a serious accident. I visited a few times too. I believe they finally have a Level 1 Trauma Center. Used to be only a Level 2 there, and people would get flown out to Seattle area for a Level 1.

People I know had a biz in Bremerton. I also have friends who own land/homes outside of Seattle. Very pricey areas. One of my lawyers was in Seattle. Won me a good settlement claim. :auiqs.jpg:
Spokane was considered a big city by me and my friends living in Missoula.
Then when I joined the military I ended up being station in San Francisco for school and stationed in San Diego on an Aircraft Carrier. CV-63.
Before that I was in Hawaii, and that's the last place I took a bus.
San Francisco is big, and even back then is was dirty.
San Diego wasn't as big as Los Angeles but the traffic sometimes is crazy.
The last time I was in San Diego was 2006. I had to sell my house.
Extremely beautiful city compared to some places I've lived, but I just couldn't afford to live there anymore.
The best job I had in San Diego was working for DPW at 32nd Street Naval Station, but that was only a temp position.
When I got cut back started going to school at San Diego City, Southwestern City College, and San Diego State University.
Afte 3 years of being broke I joined the Army and was sent back East.
Eventually I ended up going to Germany and then going into SF which took me all over the place with 5th Grp. Somalia, Kuwait, Kenya, etc.
I helped train foreign troops.
Spent 8 years working at TRANE after I retired from active duty, here in Clarksville TN, and got a job working for the Dept of the Army on post at Ft Campbell KY.
I retired from there in 2020 to take care of my wife who has Dementia.

Forum List

Back