jokic wins 3rd mvp

There is definitely MVP fatigue... Lebron deserved it far more than Kobe did during Kobe's only MVP season. Lebron was WAY more valuable to the Cavs than Kobe to the Lakers. I think there was a collective conclusion among voters of "Kobe is too good to never win an MVP, we'll fit him in this year" kinda thing.
What about the Derek Rose MVP year between LeBron's 2 back to backs. The MVP fatigue is definitely what I'm talking about. When you look at guys like Jordan and James they legitimately were the MVP every year for like a decade a piece and weren't given the award because IMO the voters didnt want to "disrespect" guys like Magic, Bird, Malone etc. Jordan only has 5 because Kareem has 6 and LeBron only has 4 because Jordan has 5.

What about the Derek Rose MVP year between LeBron's 2 back to backs. The MVP fatigue is definitely what I'm talking about. When you look at guys like Jordan and James they legitimately were the MVP every year for like a decade a piece and weren't given the award because IMO the voters didnt want to "disrespect" guys like Magic, Bird, Malone etc. Jordan only has 5 because Kareem has 6 and LeBron only has 4 because Jordan has 5.
Bird and Magic earned theirs I'd contend... Jordan was a great scorer in the 80's but that was about it. His teams were getting swept out of the playoffs or getting beaten down by the Pistons.

Regardless, it's always interesting to go back and look at the numbers. I know it's subjective, but there have been some doozy MVP's over the years.

Bird and Magic earned theirs I'd contend... Jordan was a great scorer in the 80's but that was about it. His teams were getting swept out of the playoffs or getting beaten down by the Pistons.

Regardless, it's always interesting to go back and look at the numbers. I know it's subjective, but there have been some doozy MVP's over the years.
I dont have any issues with Bird or Magic's MVP's I would agree that there have been some serious head scratchers with the MVP awards over the years.

I dont have any issues with Bird or Magic's MVP's I would agree that there have been some serious head scratchers with the MVP awards over the years.
2007-2008
Kobe 28.3 PPG, 6.3 boards, 5.4 assists. 1.8 steals
Lebron 30.3 ppg, 7.9 boards, 7.2 assists, 1.8 steals

Lakers 57-25
Cavs 45-37

Lakers had Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Fisher, etc.
Cavs had Ilgauskus, Drew Gooden, Sasha Pavlovic, Larry Hughes, Eric Snow.

Yes the Lakers had the best record, but Lebron was better in every major category, and not only that but this was at a time when the West was WAY higher scoring than the East. If Lebron played in the west then he'd have 32+ per game.

I'm not saying it's CRAZY.. but Lebron was so good that year, and there was no reason for him not to get it.

2007-2008
Kobe 28.3 PPG, 6.3 boards, 5.4 assists. 1.8 steals
Lebron 30.3 ppg, 7.9 boards, 7.2 assists, 1.8 steals

Lakers 57-25
Cavs 45-37

Lakers had Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Fisher, etc.
Cavs had Ilgauskus, Drew Gooden, Sasha Pavlovic, Larry Hughes, Eric Snow.

Yes the Lakers had the best record, but Lebron was better in every major category, and not only that but this was at a time when the West was WAY higher scoring than the East. If Lebron played in the west then he'd have 32+ per game.

I'm not saying it's CRAZY.. but Lebron was so good that year, and there was no reason for him not to get it.
I think you can legit make the argument that LeBron was the MVP 10 times during his career and it might be more.

Forum List

Back