Judge Threatens Jail For Trump After Holding Him In Contempt

Gag orders have been upheld by the Supreme Court, they are not a violation of free speech any more than slander/libel laws are

Trump should be treated the exact same way any other defendant found guilty of contempt of court is.
SCOTUS upheld gag orders only in the most narrow and specific circumstances while acknowledging the people's right to know what is going on in the court and insuring a person gets due process/fair trial. It is unconscionable that the media be able to phrase court proceedings and witness testimony however prejudicial to Trump and he not be able to defend himself from that. I agree verbally attacking specific jurors should be off limits. But stating the jury in general is chosen to be prejudicial should not be off limits.

Judge Merchan may be skating on very thin ice here.

Last edited:
Its weird. its like he is in a criminal trial and keeps blatantly violating the judges orders. its almost like, with every other defendant, they may get thrown in the hoosegow for contempt when they do that.

What part of it's unconstitutional don't you guys get?

Gag orders have been upheld by the Supreme Court, they are not a violation of free speech any more than slander/libel laws are

Trump should be treated the exact same way any other defendant found guilty of contempt of court is.
You cannot put a gag order on one side and not on the other.

Michael Cohen and the prosecutors can say anything they want about Trump but Trump isn't allowed to respond|???

Fuck that.

Democrats have it rigged so that Trump can't even defend himself in the court of popular opinion while the liberal media applauds as Biden stumbles around with gaffe after gaffe and lie after lie.
he's got lawyers...

that's THEIR job.

Okay, now this is really starting to get scary here. If Trump is jailed and his freedom of speech is violated, America as we know it truly has died.

And there is another hearing Thursday morning for 4 more examples of Trump violating his gag order over the weekend.

Trump could be in jail by the weekend.

You can’t be gagged in America for saying I am not guilty.

SCOTUS upheld gag orders only in the most narrow and specific circumstances while acknowledging the people's right to know what is going on in the court and insuring a person gets due process/fair trial. It
Which explicitly included a criminal defendant making remarks about the jurors and witnesses.

It's always a funny thing when a poster immediately proves every other word he says to be false. But you managed it.

It is all you people ever do.

For 10 plus years you all have been making these kinds of statements and you never, ever, get out of your basements and do anything .

The devastating Currency Act was passed in 1764, so it took a long while and long list of additional grievances before the Americans realized there was no other way for them to deal with their status as an occupied nation.

It took over a decade for them formally cast off a government that did not share a compatible philosophy, ideology, values or even basic respect.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round

Okay, now this is really starting to get scary here. If Trump is jailed and his freedom of speech is violated, America as we know it truly has died.

Best possible PR and sympathy plus funds raiser ,showing that this man is Mr Show Business .

Reminds us all how closely his enemies resemble the Sanhedrin against Jesus the Essene monk .

The part where you cuckolds understand that constitution says what we tell you it does. :funnyface:

So now you're openly admitting that you're making stuff up.

No problem at all. I look forward to seeing you on the news using those guns vice just whining on an internet forum.

Well at least conservatives are law abiding citizens and use our guns for good. At least we don't riot and loot and set things on fire and I swear if you use January 6th as an example I'll scream because that was nowhere near a riot or close to what the left does.

break a gag order, pay the price.

(really didn't think that needed an explanation)

I knew what it meant but that's not how it should be.

Trump is pushing him on purpose...

As he should.

he's got lawyers...

that's THEIR job.

So when are they going to start doing their said job.

Forum List

Back