Limbaugh Dares Obama: 'Debate Me'

And yet...why do Rahm Emmanuel and Obama feel compelled to name him as the head of the republican party, then refuse to engage because he's a radio guy?

One minute they say he's one thing...then the minute they might have to come face to face with their own stupidity, he's suddenly not important enough to mess with.

Typical liberal idiocy.

Go get the quotes.

Let's see the evidence of Rush's buffoonery:

"A month after Bill Clinton's defeat of George H.W. Bush in 1992, Ronald Reagan sent Limbaugh a letter in which he thanked him "for all you're doing to promote Republican and conservative principles... [and] you have become the Number One voice for conservatism in our Country."[137]

Limbaugh was the 1992, 1995, 2000 and 2005 recipient of the Marconi Radio Award for Syndicated Radio Personality of the Year (given by the National Association of Broadcasters), joining the syndicated Bob & Tom Show as the only other four-time winners of a Marconi award. He was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1993.

In 2002, Talkers magazine ranked him as the greatest radio talk show host of all time.[138] Limbaugh is the highest-paid syndicated radio host.[139]

On March 29, 2007, Limbaugh was awarded the inaugural William F. Buckley, Jr. Award for Media Excellence, by the Media Research Center, a conservative media analysis group.[140]

On January 5, 2008, the conservative magazine Human Events announced Limbaugh as their 2007 Man of the Year.[141]

On December 1. 2008, TV Guide reported that Limbaugh has been selected as one of America’s top ten most fascinating people of 2008 for a Barbara Walters ABC special that aired on December 4, 2008.[142]

On February 28, 2009, following his self-described "first address to the Nation", lasting 90 minutes, carried live, on CNN and FOX NEWS, and recorded for CSPAN, he received CPAC's "Defender of the Constitution Award", a document originally signed by Benjamin Franklin, given to someone "who has stood up for the First Amendment...Rush Limbaugh is for America, exactly what Benjamin Franklin did for the Founding Fathers...the only way we will be successful is if we listen to Rush Limbaugh". [143]"
Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He's done more in the last 10 years than Obama has done in his whole life.

Once again. Rush has been approached many times to run for president. Jillie is right about the paycut...but he also doesn't want to be muzzled. He has said time and again...he isn't interested. He can be more effective right where he is at. He gets to talk to the people every single day, he gets to talk to politicians, he gets to write, he gets to educate, and there's no term limit.

He's doing his service to his country in the manner in which he thinks he's most helpful.

And he's right. He's not running for president. If you ever listened to his show, you'd know that. Also, his show, despite the ridiculous attacks on him (he's always gotten those) is putting right along like it always does. He's still addressing the issues. It's not focused on this ridiculous drama, though he certainly refers to it. But he remains constant in his broad coverage of politics and politicians.

For all that you think he's such a loon and non-entity, you sure do act afraid of him.

his criminal record would prevent him from ever being a leader of conservatives, his being a filanderer and married 3 times would not get him elected either imo....and his big mouth and things he's said, would also work greatly, against it.

Alright ... Obama has once again proven my assessment of him accurate. He has accepted this challenge ... so again, he proves to be nothing more than a pop star.

Once again. Rush has been approached many times to run for president. Jillie is right about the paycut...but he also doesn't want to be muzzled. He has said time and again...he isn't interested. He can be more effective right where he is at. He gets to talk to the people every single day, he gets to talk to politicians, he gets to write, he gets to educate, and there's no term limit.

He's doing his service to his country in the manner in which he thinks he's most helpful.

And he's right. He's not running for president. If you ever listened to his show, you'd know that. Also, his show, despite the ridiculous attacks on him (he's always gotten those) is putting right along like it always does. He's still addressing the issues. It's not focused on this ridiculous drama, though he certainly refers to it. But he remains constant in his broad coverage of politics and politicians.

For all that you think he's such a loon and non-entity, you sure do act afraid of him.

his criminal record would prevent him from ever being a leader of conservatives, his being a filanderer and married 3 times would not get him elected either imo....and his big mouth and things he's said, would also work greatly, against it.

His criminal record? Hmmm....I don't think so. And being a philanderer has NEVER prevented men from attaining the highest office.

But the fact remains, he's never been interested in the presidency.

And yet...why do Rahm Emmanuel and Obama feel compelled to name him as the head of the republican party, then refuse to engage because he's a radio guy?

One minute they say he's one thing...then the minute they might have to come face to face with their own stupidity, he's suddenly not important enough to mess with.

Typical liberal idiocy.

Go get the quotes.

"White House aide Rahm Emanuel casts Rush Limbaugh as top GOP voice
By Associated Press
Sunday, March 1, 2009
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama’s chief of staff says talk show personality Rush Limbaugh is a top figure in the Republican Party.

Chief of staff Rahm Emanuel says Limbaugh is the "intellectual force" of the GOP."
White House aide Rahm Emanuel casts Rush Limbaugh as top GOP voice - BostonHerald.com

"Obama: Quit Listening to Rush Limbaugh if You Want to Get Things Done

Obama warned Republicans to quit listening to Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats, during a White House discussion on his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package...

" In an exchange with Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) about the proposal, the president shot back: "I won," according to aides briefed on the meeting.

"I will trump you on that."

Not that Obama was gloating. He was just explaining that he aims to get his way on stimulus package and all other legislation, sources said, noting his unrivaled one-party control of both congressional chambers."
PREZ ZINGS GOP FOE IN A $TIMULATING TALK - New York Post

I sent an email to Rush offering him to debate me on USMB.

I haven't received a response yet.

I think he's chicken.

As usual, the KEY ELEMENT of the relevant issue is DISMISSED in order ot project a lovely Red Herring...

Rush Limbaugh has not publicly declared you as the defacto-leader of his opposition...

Which of course IS the CORNERSTONE of the ENTIRE RELEVANT ISSUE: President Hussein havinf publicly declared Rush Limbaugh as the defacto-leader of THE PRESIDENT'S OPPOSITION; wherein so doing, by virtue of Limbaugh oppossing LEFTISM, the PRESIDENT DECLARED HIMSELF A LEFTIST... and subjected himself TO AN INTELLECTUALLY SOUND and LOGICALLY VALID REQUEST THAT HE ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE TO DEBATE; WHERE THE PRESIDENT'S LEFT-THINK WILL FACE A DIRECT AND UNAMBIGUOUS CONTEST AGAINST IT'S NATURAL OPPOSITION: Right-think...

You demanding Rush debate you, is the equivilent of a T-baller writing the Yankees demanding a try-out; and when no acceptance immediately presents itself, the child concludes that the Yankees are protecting the positions of their current staff; thus exemplifying cowardous through their silence.

It's amazing how many different ways you display your cluelessness.

Waits for a five page rant about liberals...

His criminal record? Hmmm....I don't think so. And being a philanderer has NEVER prevented men from attaining the highest office.

I forgot he got off on his peddling doctors for oxycontin gig....

And being a philanderer has STOPPED many a politician from getting elected or reelected, expecially before running for office....and many afterwards as well...

He ain't no role model of ANY KIND Allie, nor should he be thought of as one, ever, imho....

Care

Gawd you righties are a thick lot. You've been told time and time again why Obama should not debate Limbaugh. Yet you go on and on and on about it and you don't even bring up a fresh angle, just the same old rot turned over like a bloody compost heap. Yes, a steaming compost heap. Get some new talking points :lol:

Gawd you righties are a thick lot. You've been told time and time again why Obama should not debate Limbaugh. Yet you go on and on and on about it and you don't even bring up a fresh angle, just the same old rot turned over like a bloody compost heap. Yes, a steaming compost heap. Get some new talking points :lol:
then you are still missing the point
the point being Obama should just IGNORE him in the first place

did Bush respond to any of Olbermanns idiotic rants, EVER????

I forgot he got off on his peddling doctors for oxycontin gig....

And being a philanderer has STOPPED many a politician from getting elected or reelected, expecially before running for office....and many afterwards as well...

He ain't no role model of ANY KIND Allie, nor should he be thought of as one, ever, imho....

Care

So what? I don't think Obama is a role model. His past is sketchy, his friends are criminals and tax evaders of the most vile sort.

Besides which, I never held him up as a role model. I simply repudiate the baseless attacks on him. So far, none of them have held an ounce of truth.

Au contraire. It is the left who are thick. I'm not demanding a debate. I'm simply pointing out why it's funny that Obama has gotten himself into this mess.

And you should know about regurgitating the same old rot, you guys do it every time you stupidly blab about how fat Rush is, drivel about oxycontin, etc., instead of accepting your own stupid leaders are the ones who accorded him the limelight in the first place.

Forum List

Back