New Study: Gender surgery causes 12x increase in suicide

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
A study published last month shows that those who underwent gender surgery had a suicide risk 12 times higher than those who did not, adding more data showing the dangers of the life-altering procedures.

The study utilized patient data from 56 health care organizations in the U.S. and over 90 million patients. Four different groups of patients were looked at in the study:
1. 1,501 people aged 18-60 who had “gender-affirming surgery” and an emergency visit
2. 15,608,363 adults who visited the emergency room but had no “gender-affirming surgery”
3. 142,093 “adults with emergency visits, tubal ligation or vasectomy, but no gender-affirming surgery,”
4. patients with pharyngitis was studied “to validate the results from cohort 3”

Data from February 4, 2003, to February 4, 2023, were analyzed to examine suicide attempts, death, self-harm, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) within five years of the index event,” the study said, adding that its results found that “Individuals who underwent gender-affirming surgery had a 12.12-fold higher suicide attempt risk than those who did not.”

The study concluded, “Gender-affirming surgery is significantly associated with elevated suicide attempt risks, underlining the necessity for comprehensive post-procedure psychiatric support.”

Study link: Risk of Suicide and Self-Harm Following Gender-Affirmation Surgery

This is proof of how destructive and dangerous these choices and procedures are. You can’t question it’s horrible effects.

Yet, Biden and the left continue to promote it, even on children.

Jordan Peterson had the best, most appropriate response, he tweeted:

“12x the suicide rate post ‘gender affirming’ surgery. The butchers and liars were murderously wrong. The Cass report indicated this. Canada and the US are still enabling this. That’s you @POTUS and @JustinTrudeau and it is utterly barbarous and inexcusable. Putting children to the knife. ‘Follow the science,’ gentlemen.”

Yep. Come on Joe, come on leftists. Where’s your “we follow the science” claims now?

Of course it increases the chances of them going suicidal. It also exponentially increases their chances of going on a mass shooting spree.

A study published last month shows that those who underwent gender surgery had a suicide risk 12 times higher than those who did not, adding more data showing the dangers of the life-altering procedures.

The study utilized patient data from 56 health care organizations in the U.S. and over 90 million patients. Four different groups of patients were looked at in the study:
1. 1,501 people aged 18-60 who had “gender-affirming surgery” and an emergency visit
2. 15,608,363 adults who visited the emergency room but had no “gender-affirming surgery”
3. 142,093 “adults with emergency visits, tubal ligation or vasectomy, but no gender-affirming surgery,”
4. patients with pharyngitis was studied “to validate the results from cohort 3”

Data from February 4, 2003, to February 4, 2023, were analyzed to examine suicide attempts, death, self-harm, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) within five years of the index event,” the study said, adding that its results found that “Individuals who underwent gender-affirming surgery had a 12.12-fold higher suicide attempt risk than those who did not.”

The study concluded, “Gender-affirming surgery is significantly associated with elevated suicide attempt risks, underlining the necessity for comprehensive post-procedure psychiatric support.”

This is proof of how destructive and dangerous these choices and procedures are. You can’t question it’s horrible effects.

“12x the suicide rate post ‘gender affirming’ surgery. The butchers and liars were murderously wrong. The Cass report indicated this. Canada and the US are still enabling this. That’s you @POTUS and @JustinTrudeau and it is utterly barbarous and inexcusable. Putting children to the knife. ‘Follow the science,’ gentlemen.”

Yep. Come on Joe, come on leftists. Where’s your “we follow the science” claims now?
Do you even understand the study? I do and I'm struggling to understand the point these bingos were making. They essentially compared the suicide rates for people who had gender affirming surgery to people who randomly showed up in the E.R. and people who had vasectomies.... :laugh:

Explain to me why these are comparable things? It's like comparing the suicide rate of people who are on anti depressants vs the suicide rate of people who bought Tylenol at Walgreens. :laugh:

Do you even understand the study? I do and I'm struggling to understand the point these bingos were making. They essentially compared the suicide rates for people who had gender affirming surgery to people who randomly showed up in the E.R. and people who had vasectomies.... :laugh:

Explain to me why these are comparable things? It's like comparing the suicide rate of people who are on anti depressants vs the suicide rate of people who bought Tylenol at Walgreens. :laugh:

How are we screening out people who were suicidal before the procedure? ... who thought the procedure would make them happy? ... only to find their lives aren't worth living either way? ...

A surprising number of mental health professionals themselves need mental health services ... they know something's wrong, take a class, and become interested in the field ... "misery loves company" ...

How are we screening out people who were suicidal before the procedure? ... who thought the procedure would make them happy? ... only to find their lives aren't worth living either way? ...

A surprising number of mental health professionals themselves need mental health services ... they know something's wrong, take a class, and become interested in the field ... "misery loves company" ...
I don't understand the question you're trying to ask me.

Tran people as a group have a higher rate of suicide with or without gender affirming care. They also have higher rates of homelessness, higher rates of victimhood of abuse and violent crime and higher rates of lacking social or familial support, hence the higher rates homelessness. Most studies on the mental health outcomes of trans individuals take these into account.

I can believe this as nobody who undergoes transgender surgery seems to be a happy person. I think a person has to be pretty self loathing and mentally 'off' to do that to themselves in the first place. Which is why I am almost militant about the surgery being banned for anybody under age 21. I am pretty sure 99% of kids who think they want to transgender will have passed that phase by the time they are adults.

Who came up with this gender affirming 'treatment', Joseph Mengele? Clearly it's not working.
damn.jpg

IMHO any kid that was talked into having themselves altered should live by the feud upon those responsible.

It would be a purpose more gratifying than offing themselves and were I on a jury I'd never convict them for working their way down that particular food chain.

I don't understand the question you're trying to ask me.

Tran people as a group have a higher rate of suicide with or without gender affirming care. They also have higher rates of homelessness, higher rates of victimhood of abuse and violent crime and higher rates of lacking social or familial support, hence the higher rates homelessness. Most studies on the mental health outcomes of trans individuals take these into account.

Apparently you did understand my question ... that's a great answer ...

Strange ... here on The West Coast ... trans people as a group are affluent and wealthy, the professionals of our communities ... it's the gay community that drove up rents in San Francisco proper ... not that they weren't high to begin with ... truth is we don't bat an eye when a woman wears and man's business suit, and we don't dare comment in front of a gaggle of Scottish Highlanders ... so why should a man be ashamed if he wears his wife's clothes better than she? ...

Have you priced women's clothes lately? ...

Apparently you did understand my question ... that's a great answer ...

Strange ... here on The West Coast ... trans people as a group are affluent and wealthy, the professionals of our communities ... it's the gay community that drove up rents in San Francisco proper ... not that they weren't high to begin with ... truth is we don't bat an eye when a woman wears and man's business suit, and we don't dare comment in front of a gaggle of Scottish Highlanders ... so why should a man be ashamed if he wears his wife's clothes better than she? ...

Have you priced women's clothes lately? ...
Nice claims. Now go ahead and qualify them with actual supporting evidence.

What is the comparable suicide/attempted suicide risk for trannies that don't have those surgeries?

Why would anyone expect anything less?

If you see a crazy person running around saying they are Jesus Christ and you get them a robe and a thorny crown and call them Jesus Christ that doesn't somehow make them sane just because you can now say "he isn't crazy, he really is Jesus Christ now".

If you take mentally ill people and indulge their mental illness all you do is make them more mentally ill.

It wasn't that long ago that the height of mental illness treatment was shoving a metal rod into a patient's brain and hoping they didn't die on the spot. I predict that in another 100 years or so, psychiatrists will look back at the way we are treating these children and shudder with revulsion.

Forum List

Back