Official USMB Mafia Game #4: Friends and Enemies

OK, A couple other observations. I was shocked town lynched mani. He did nothing scummy.

I thought Avi was scum and would of been o.k. with his lynch and voted for him.

I never thought Cafe was scum. She was playing her town game.

I never thought Mertex was scum. She was playing her town game also.

It was the first lynch. Why should you be shocked? There was no indication that he was Town or Mafia. A gut feeling on the first lynch is nothing but a gut feeling and the chances of killing Town are greater than they are for killing Scum.

I didn't vote for Avatar because I knew Grandma was Scum. We almost had her lynched, but Cafe was in the clouds. R.D. switched to Avatar because she preferred a mislynch to a NL, or we could have gotten Grandma. All three Scum were voting for Avatar...we needed Cafe, but that's the problem with complete newbies, they are easily misled.

Because mani did nothing scummy. And Avi hammered him with still a day until deadline.
Yeah, but Day 1 nobody has done anything Scummy.

Seemed the case against him was weak. BUT, I am on the outside looking in so I know it is much different playing.
The case would have been weak had it been anyone else that turned out to be Town. Day 1 is just luck if you get Scum. Avatar voted for Grandma right off the bat....she hadn't done anything Scummy at that point.

Grandma going so hard for you was a dead give away. I am very familiar with your town and scum game and you were playing your town game.

It was obvious to me from early on that Grandma was Scum....she tried to blame it on her illness but she was really tense when anyone was accusing her. Even Cafe voted for her at one time, but when we needed her vote, she kept it on Avatar. And, MeBelle didn't vote that time....off in lalaland.

You know what, Masons should of claimed right away at the start of lylo. That would of helped narrow it down. TN tried finally. Then only Mertex, Aye, and Grandma would of been left and it would of been easier.

Two lessons: Do not quickhammer or hammer without intent.

Do not vote in lylo until you are certain you have scum. Talk it out who you want to vote for and see what everyone says but don't cast a vote. TN and Mertex did well there. Aye casting votes made me suspicious instantly.

OK, A couple other observations. I was shocked town lynched mani. He did nothing scummy.

It was the first lynch. Why should you be shocked? There was no indication that he was Town or Mafia. A gut feeling on the first lynch is nothing but a gut feeling and the chances of killing Town are greater than they are for killing Scum.

I didn't vote for Avatar because I knew Grandma was Scum. We almost had her lynched, but Cafe was in the clouds. R.D. switched to Avatar because she preferred a mislynch to a NL, or we could have gotten Grandma. All three Scum were voting for Avatar...we needed Cafe, but that's the problem with complete newbies, they are easily misled.

I was not in the clouds, Avatar read scum, given he was defending FA who I believed to be scum and then moved the wagons of you and FA to Mani made me believe he was scum even more so, protecting FA. Not to mention TN was supposed to come back to hammer, then this shifted suspicion to him and suspicion to MeBelle for refusing to vote at all. Remember it was me who stopped your suspicion about Mebelle by clueing you into the fact she was probably a mason and thus her strange voting or should I say non- voting patterns as you were all over me about why I thought she was town.

Since you felt Grandma was scum why didn't you push for her lynch next? Seems you were mislead on many occasions- all the way up to the end. It's just not newbies "easily mislead".

Look at my flash lynch. Rosie insisted she was going to be NKed by me, setting up the perfect scenario for scum to use, and then the flash lynch happened because Rosie mentioned me. If you believe grandma to be scum, why not vote then for Grandma? It's because you were mislead by townies and scum.

As far as FA, I pulled my vote as I realized we only needed 5 to lynch and not 6 as was stated in the deadline and I did not want to repeat my mistake with Avatar.

Because mani did nothing scummy. And Avi hammered him with still a day until deadline.

Seemed the case against him was weak. BUT, I am on the outside looking in so I know it is much different playing.
The case would have been weak had it been anyone else that turned out to be Town. Day 1 is just luck if you get Scum. Avatar voted for Grandma right off the bat....she hadn't done anything Scummy at that point.

Grandma going so hard for you was a dead give away. I am very familiar with your town and scum game and you were playing your town game.

It was obvious to me from early on that Grandma was Scum....she tried to blame it on her illness but she was really tense when anyone was accusing her. Even Cafe voted for her at one time, but when we needed her vote, she kept it on Avatar. And, MeBelle didn't vote that time....off in lalaland.

Both Grandma and Aye were very defensive when questioned. But as town, when you know you are town, and someone calls you scum, I would think a person would get pretty defensive also. Something to think about.

Yeah, you are probably right about mani and day 1. It's a shot in the dark and someone has to go.

^^^^Bingo!^^^^

No Bingo.....I said I intended to vote for him. I knew we were at Lylo, I wasn't about to make a dumb mistake and hand Scum the game, but you didn't even discuss why you thought I was Scum.....had we been able to talk more, tn and I might have been able to convince you that Aye was Grandma's accomplice. You were playing your own game.

Yes Bingo!

Aye perfectly described my thought process.

I HAD to leave for awhile, irl.

It's only a game. I'll refrain from insulting you back....OK?

No MeBelle. I didn't vote. Had you voted for tn along with Aye, then we would have had the same scenario. If you had to leave, knowing it was lylo you shouldn't have voted until we had discussed it more. We still had a lot of time. I'm not insulting you, I'm just stating facts.

CaféAuLait;9639002 said:

I was not in the clouds, Avatar read scum, given he was defending FA who I believed to be scum and then moved the wagons of you and FA to Mani made me believe he was scum even more so, protecting FA. Not to mention TN was supposed to come back to hammer, then this shifted suspicion to him and suspicion to MeBelle for refusing to vote at all. Remember it was me who stopped your suspicion about Mebelle by clueing you into the fact she was probably a mason and thus her strange voting or should I say non- voting patterns as you were all over me about why I thought she was town.

Since you felt Grandma was scum why didn't you push for her lynch next? Seems you were mislead on many occasions- all the way up to the end. It's just not newbies "easily mislead".

Look at my flash lynch. Rosie insisted she was going to be NKed by me, setting up the perfect scenario for scum to use, and then the flash lynch happened because Rosie mentioned me. If you believe grandma to be scum, why not vote then for Grandma? It's because you were mislead by townies and scum.

As far as FA, I pulled my vote as I realized we only needed 5 to lynch and not 6 as was stated in the deadline and I did not want to repeat my mistake with Avatar.

I thought you were VT the whole time Cafe. The only thing that made me wonder was you not wanting to vote for FA but you just explained that. It' a pity how quick you were lynched. Hopefully, some lessons were learned for future games.

No Bingo.....I said I intended to vote for him. I knew we were at Lylo, I wasn't about to make a dumb mistake and hand Scum the game, but you didn't even discuss why you thought I was Scum.....had we been able to talk more, tn and I might have been able to convince you that Aye was Grandma's accomplice. You were playing your own game.

Yes Bingo!

Aye perfectly described my thought process.

I HAD to leave for awhile, irl.

It's only a game. I'll refrain from insulting you back....OK?

No MeBelle. I didn't vote. Had you voted for tn along with Aye, then we would have had the same scenario. If you had to leave, knowing it was lylo you shouldn't have voted until we had discussed it more. We still had a lot of time. I'm not insulting you, I'm just stating facts.

For future games, in lylo, don't vote if you can't be there.

mebelle, I'm not trying to insult you but you have to remember you are on a team and you have to listen to the other townies regarding hammering and like what happened in lylo

It would be nice for town to win one here. Especially if I am town when it happens. :D

It's funny I said Grandma and FA were scum from the beginning. I should have gone with my first instinct, but I wanted to think things through and I thought since town kept losing thinking things through would ensure our win.

The strangest part of this game is our masons were acting more scummy than scum IMO. Or they did things to put attention on themselves and it was scummy behavior, be it not voting at all, revenge votes, or not coming back for a hammer.

Scum did not have to work too hard this game. :lol:

CaféAuLait;9639002 said:

I thought you were VT the whole time Cafe. The only thing that made me wonder was you not wanting to vote for FA but you just explained that. It' a pity how quick you were lynched. Hopefully, some lessons were learned for future games.

Yeah, I can see how it came off as kinda scummy. But as I thought to myself, if he is not scum it will only take 1 more vote to lynch him ( I wanted to be sure and feel out the rest of the town and make sure it was not just revenge vote but the fact town thought he was really scum) .

Then I asked Wake for confirmation that only 5 votes were needed. I had no issue voting for him at all, especially when I purposely moved my vote to Mertex to see if FA would once again put his vote on her. And then to test TN ( while waiting for us to come to a lynch) I moved my vote back to who I KNEW was scum to see if TN would vote for her, since I was suspicious of him being scum and not coming back to hammer.

Then I miscounted (being new) how many more days/nights we had left if we voted FA and he ended up being Town, I thought the vote was critical. I find it strange no one stepped up to correct me, except FA who I thought was scum and I was not even sure he was telling the damn truth! :lol:

Then I miscounted (being new) how many more days/nights we had left if we voted FA and he ended up being Town, I thought the vote was critical.

It was. If a Townie would have been lynched we could NK another Townie. The following day if another Townie was lynched...

CaféAuLait;9639033 said:

It's funny I said Grandma and FA were scum from the beginning. I should have gone with my first instinct, but I wanted to think things through and I thought since town kept losing thinking things through would ensure our win.

The strangest part of this game is our masons were acting more scummy than scum IMO. Or they did things to put attention on themselves and it was scummy behavior, be it not voting at all, revenge votes, or not coming back for a hammer.

Scum did not have to work too hard this game. :lol:

Hey now. I had to work my ass off considering that I was under suspicion from a few players for nothing at all and what I said was irrelevant to them...

Funny enough, I think that you and avi are 2 of the stronger players here - dont expect to last very long in the future :D

Avi sure has not. Town does not seem to like anyone that thinks about things.

CaféAuLait;9639002 said:

Tn's game play was scummy. His not coming back to hammer Grandma made it harder for us to zero in on Scum....made us think he was Scum. You didn't clue me that MeBelle was a Mason, you only mentioned that she and Rosie were too chummy and my initial take was that you thought they were working together as Scum. You never indicated that they might be Masons, I picked up on that on my own. You were still hanging on to Grandma's apron strings at that time.

What do you mean why didn't I push for her lynch. I led her wagon, the one that you insisted on staying with Avatar, who flipped town and MeBelle didn't even bother to vote.

Yes, Rosie made a big mistake by telling us to be sure and lynch you. We should have given you a chance to defend yourself, but by that time you had some us thinking you were Scum.

At that time we knew there were two Scum left, it didn't matter which one we got first. I didn't want to vote for Grandma because I hadn't been able to convince you that she was Scum and we would have ended up with split vote, like we did with Avatar and Grandma and probably a NL.

FA drew you in when started flattering you about giving him advice on Adblock. That's why you had a hard time looking at the facts and realizing he was scum. I did the same thing in Game 1 with Avatar. He kept telling me that he knew I was Town and I fell for it.

CaféAuLait;9639002 said:

Tn's game play was scummy. His not coming back to hammer Grandma made it harder for us to zero in on Scum....made us think he was Scum. You didn't clue me that MeBelle was a Mason, you only mentioned that she and Rosie were too chummy and my initial take was that you thought they were working together as Scum. You never indicated that they might be Masons, I picked up on that on my own. You were still hanging on to Grandma's apron strings at that time.

What do you mean why didn't I push for her lynch. I led her wagon, the one that you insisted on staying with Avatar, who flipped town and MeBelle didn't even bother to vote.

Yes, Rosie made a big mistake by telling us to be sure and lynch you. We should have given you a chance to defend yourself, but by that time you had some us thinking you were Scum.

At that time we knew there were two Scum left, it didn't matter which one we got first. I didn't want to vote for Grandma because I hadn't been able to convince you that she was Scum and we would have ended up with split vote, like we did with Avatar and Grandma and probably a NL.

FA drew you in when started flattering you about giving him advice on Adblock. That's why you had a hard time looking at the facts and realizing he was scum. I did the same thing in Game 1 with Avatar. He kept telling me that he knew I was Town and I fell for it.

You really think FA drew me in for thanking me? That is really silly. I said over and over again on my scum lists and in my posts FA was scum. I thought FA was scum before the vote I wanted to ensure we were voting correctly, given I thought Avatar was scum defending FA. I wanted to be sure. The vote count said we needed 6 to lynch and that was wrong, we only needed 5. I asked for everyone's reasoning and I wanted to ensure it was not based off of a revenge vote from Rosie. We had 5 days left then 4, not four hours.

I was not the only person who could have changed my vote when she and Avatar were up to be lynched, there were more on Grandma. And I believed TN when he said he was coming back. If you believed Grandma to be scum, why not vote for her when you all flash lynched me? She was presenting more scummy to you than me until my name was put up. What I meant you did not push to lynch her after avatar was lynched and before my flash lynch. If you KNEW she was scum as you said, why not, instead of helping a 10 minute lynch to go through? That's what I meant about your not pushing grandma's vote. You did not even do it the last go round, instead you were going to vote TN instead of Grandma.

Last edited:
The more you make people talk, the more you buy yourself time to trap Scum in their words.

Grandma mentioned she was getting a tension headache. As Scum she was doing a damned good job, and it must have taken a lot to not buckle under the pressure and slip up from nervousness. Same with Aye. By quicklynching, you make it a breeze for Scum. They want the Town to kill themselves off, and the quicker the better. The more they have to explain themselves the later in the game, the more that pressure bears down on their shoulders.

That's true, as scum I was afraid to say anything which doesn't help much. But I was worried everything I said was going to scream scum. Especially when SR scumread me at one point. Even though town is more clueless than you think.

So yes, if you think you have scum, keep them talking. See if you can figure out who their partners are. If you are scum, pretend you are town when you play.

Here's some good advice:

In mafia, paranoia is your friend. Assuming you're town, then you need to be looking at everyone, constantly. Look over their posts with the following three questions in mind:

1. Assuming so and so is town, why would they post this?
2. Assuming so and so is scum, why would they post this?
3. Do I agree with what is being said here?

Do this for every post. By every player. Regardless of your read on that player.

Every time there has been an L-2 or an L-1 and L-2 those pressuring to "slow down" "be sure" have wound up pushing Town into a mislynch. EVERY time!

Town must not allow being talked out of a good lynch into a mislynch by manipulative Scum or a clueless noob.

Grandma claimed to have slowed down the Mertex lynch this time - don't forget that..

There comes a point where a good lynch is lost - over and over and over.......

Just don't fall for it anymore!

Regards from Rosie

Last edited:
The more you make people talk, the more you buy yourself time to trap Scum in their words.

Grandma mentioned she was getting a tension headache. As Scum she was doing a damned good job, and it must have taken a lot to not buckle under the pressure and slip up from nervousness. Same with Aye. By quicklynching, you make it a breeze for Scum. They want the Town to kill themselves off, and the quicker the better. The more they have to explain themselves the later in the game, the more that pressure bears down on their shoulders.

What can I do better (besides not hammering when I said I would)?

I disagree Rosie. It's precisely because we slowed down that we had a shot this game.

On day two I was at L1 three separate times. if we were rushing I would have been lynched when grandma gave her intent at the beginning without further discussion showing she was scum.

Had the town not flash lynched Cafe we could have had much more discussion and finding Aye might have been easier.

If I hadn't hammered mani on day 1 when i did, you would have unvoted him and we might have been able to go back to FA that day.

If Mebelle hadn't rushed a vote this last day, and let it talk itself out more the town could have figured it out. Grandma was giving out huge tells that made it obvious she was scum on the last day.

We do need to slow down and pay attention. The more rope you give the scum the more likely they will trip up.

Forum List

Back