Out of 2.5 million votes, Hobbs only had 16,000 more votes than Lake. That is 50.0% to 50.0%

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I checked the final tally this morning. There were over 2 and a half million votes cast for Az governor and the margin was 0.006%. Just a little info for everyone who is excited that Kari Lake "lost". That looks like a tie to me. And an interesting factoid: 83% of the total votes were mail-in. I know we do not do runoffs in Az governor elections, that doesn't make this right. As always just my opinion.

I checked the final tally this morning. There were over 2 and a half million votes cast for Az governor and the margin was 0.006%. Just a little info for everyone who is excited that Kari Lake "lost". That looks like a tie to me. And an interesting factoid: 83% of the total votes were mail-in. I know we do not do runoffs in Az governor elections, that doesn't make this right. As always just my opinion.
Not all States are 50-50

Al Gore lost by 500 votes
Still a loss

I expect, Lake lost, but not official until at least the 28th as the canvassing is automatic and one county is asking for a 99% hand count in 4 races.

What is comical to me, since I am not a naive cheerleader; is how the media suggests that Lake losing by a slight margin, after over a week of voting which increases risk of fraud; is a repudiation of Trump but, Cheney losing in record numbers allows her to maintain her voice.

Cheney is the "conscience of the party", open borders, wars and all, but Lake, is the radical who wanted to unbelievably defend her states borders from illegal entry. How dare she!

More and more are looking East since the West is beholden to political cults and the media encourages people to remain stupid.

Last edited:
What is comical to me, since I am not a naive cheerleader; is how the media suggests that Lake losing by a slight margin, after over a week of voting which increases risk of fraud; is a repudiation of Trump but, Cheney losing in record numbers allows her to maintain her voice.

Cheney is the "conscience of the party", open borders, wars and all, but Lake, is the radical who wanted to unbelievably defend her states borders from illegal entry. How dare she!

More and more are looking East since the West is beholden to political cults and the media encourages people to remain stupid.
We can never under-estimate the power of Democrat controlled US Media especially TV Media. Liz Cheney is a pampered Daddy's girl and a Bush boot licker. But she became a Media darling when she went on her crusade to avenge the Bushes and destroy Trump. By contrast 99% of Kari Lake's media coverage was negative. 99%!!!! There is your independent fair and balanced media. PFFFFT both of our countries are screwed.

You're dealing with two different electorates: a primary where only Trumplings and Republicans vote and a general where everyone votes.

Also, Wyoming is a far cry from Arizona.

You're dealing with two different electorates: a primary where only Trumplings and Republicans vote and a general where everyone votes.

Also, Wyoming is a far cry from Arizona.
And just how does "everyone" vote? I know who stands in line, shows an ID, is checked off a list and handed a ballot they fill out in person. What do the Dims do?

I expect, Lake lost, but not official until at least the 28th as the canvassing is automatic and one county is asking for a 99% hand count in 4 races.
I am not questioning the integrity of the vote counting, I am pointing out that the result after all of the 2.5 million votes were counted is a statistical tie.

I am not questioning the integrity of the vote counting, I am pointing out that the result after all of the 2.5 million votes were counted is a statistical tie.
No, they were counted as a Hobbs win

Cool. People do win by small margins at times. That is the reason for canvassing and recounts. I hope they get better resolution after the canvassing and possible hand recount in that one county.

Some States require that one of the candidates reach 50% of votes. I thought maybe they did not.

But Hobbs won with over 50%.
Yes 50.006%. If they had counted the ballots in a different order, Lake very well could have reached 50% first. That's one of several problems with this election process.

Yes 50.006%. If they had counted the ballots in a different order, Lake very well could have reached 50% first. That's one of several problems with this election process.
That is not how it works. Lake had fewer votes than Hobbs. Which is why the percentage came out as it did. It does not matter in what order the votes are counted, the one who had the most, wins.

Forum List

Back