Propaganda continues: Warm temperatures recorded last month.

What a load of horseshit. Weather stations sited at airports give no useful, accurate information. There's this stuff called "asphalt" and airports have MILES of it, which raises the local temperatures. And yes, 747 pilots DO care about the temperatures in rural areas because that determines the air turbulence aloft, but you aren't a pilot (I am), and you clearly don't know any 747 pilots (I do) so in your words, go learn how to fly, then get back to us.

Pilots don't need to know wind direction at the airport? ... that is news to me ... but you're the pilot, who am I to disagree? ... I've had maybe 100 hours as right-seat passenger, why do control towers always give out their weather station information if it's inaccurate? ...

71% of Earth's average temperature is the temperature over open ocean ... no asphalt ... do you think there's weather is only over land or something? ...

Ha ha ha ha ha ... just what kind of pilot knows nothing of pressure? ...

How about the parts where they admit they keep on changing the formula to calculate world temps?
Changes have been made in the face of new knowledge and to improve accuracy. I know you have zero evidence indicating changes were made for any other reason but that, because you're such an independent thinker, you will assume the scientists have bad intentions because you've bought into the PR crap the fossil fuel industry has fed you. Right?

Changes have been made in the face of new knowledge and to improve accuracy. I know you have zero evidence indicating changes were made for any other reason but that, because you're such an independent thinker, you will assume the scientists have bad intentions because you've bought into the PR crap the fossil fuel industry has fed you. Right?
You have zero evidence the Earth is getting warmer because you have to keep on changing the numbers to prove your point.

Thermometer readings are garbage? ... what station are you looking at and what time interval are you using? ...
There were thermometers back one million years ago?

Ice cores came from global areas?

How many thermometers around the 75% oceans? Hahaha. For you to even imply global is hysterical. Whining warmers whining

Last edited:
The reason is usefulness ... 747 pilots don't care about temperature in the rural areas, they want to know the temperature at the end of the runway ... therefore, thermometers at airports save more lives ...

The reason is usefulness ... Blue Water shipping captains don't care about temperature in the rural areas, they want to know the temperature in the middle of the ocean ... therefore, thermometers on ships save more lives ... yes, ships carry weather station with them ... is that a "proper" siting ...

You forgot the almost complete lack of weather stations in Polar regions ... as I said, the faults with this are well known and documented ... obviously you haven't read NOAA's methodology ... you should be more circumspect in your comments until you do ...
Shit, and here I thought it was wind and weather, especially wind shear. You think they care about 2 degrees c?

Pilots don't need to know wind direction at the airport? ... that is news to me ... but you're the pilot, who am I to disagree? ... I've had maybe 100 hours as right-seat passenger, why do control towers always give out their weather station information if it's inaccurate? ...

71% of Earth's average temperature is the temperature over open ocean ... no asphalt ... do you think there's weather is only over land or something? ...

Ha ha ha ha ha ... just what kind of pilot knows nothing of pressure? ...
There's this thing called a windsock, that tells you the wind direction. An anenometer gives you velocity. No weather station data at all. You need barometric pressure for your altimeter. Yet again, not from a weather station. All of those instruments are either in the tower, or visible to ATC.

You sure didn't learn much for your 100 hours in the right seat.

I had learned those facts in ground school, and fixed it to memory in my first half hour of flight.

Shit, and here I thought it was wind and weather, especially wind shear. You think they care about 2 degrees c?
The ATC tower at larger airports has a dedicated weather radar that is constantly on alert for wind shear.

The problem is it can propagate so fast that radar won't catch it. That's why the departure profile for airlines was altered decades ago to the current high AOA so they can climb over any potential wind shear as fast as possible.

The ATC tower at larger airports has a dedicated weather radar that is constantly on alert for wind shear.

The problem is it can propagate so fast that radar won't catch it. That's why the departure profile for airlines was altered decades ago to the current high AOA so they can climb over any potential wind shear as fast as possible.
And other planes in the same area

And other planes in the same area
ATC controls the airspace around the airport for miles around. Airliners taking off don't need to worry about orher aircraft unless there is a major screw up.

The kind that gets your license pulled.

There were thermometers back one million years ago?

Ice cores came from global areas?

How many thermometers around the 75% oceans? Hahaha. For you to even imply global is hysterical. Whining warmers whining

NOAA's trace only goes back to 1880 AD ... the founding of the National Weather Service ...

That's some ignorant strawman you're arguing with ...

Last edited:
There's this thing called a windsock, that tells you the wind direction. An anenometer gives you velocity. No weather station data at all. You need barometric pressure for your altimeter. Yet again, not from a weather station. All of those instruments are either in the tower, or visible to ATC.

You sure didn't learn much for your 100 hours in the right seat.

I had learned those facts in ground school, and fixed it to memory in my first half hour of flight.

This I learned in a college class ... Atmospheric Science 201 ...

Here's an official weather station ... see the Doppler Radar ... pilots never use that do they? ...

willrogersairport.png

Do you know what an "hourly report" is and how to read them ... ha ha ha ...

The media will never let up in their quest to get YOU - Middle Class American - to give up your freedoms.

Did you ever explain how you believe the media is going to suppress everyone's freedom to travel?

Here's an official weather station ... see the Doppler Radar ... pilots never use that do they? ...

willrogersairport.png

willrogersairport.png

Well, you just confirmed what I stated about the weather radar, but no, that isn't a NOAA weather station That's their weather forecast office, so evidently you failed your class.

These are examples of NOAA weather stations. Before you make a fool of yourself, yet again, at least become conversant on the subject. M'kay.....

crs.gif
Annette-Vary-Getty-NOAA-weather-station.jpg

Here's the one at Rutgers. I actually maintained this one for a while when I was working on my PhD.

125-year-honored-institution-award-weather-station-Anthony-Broccoli-image.jpg

National Weather Service Recognizes Rutgers Weather Station with 2021 Honored Institution Award for 125 Years of Service​

And here is an example a of POORLY situated weather station. Out in Elko there is one situated in front of a air conditioner exhaust. Or the one in LA on top of a building, or how about this one in AZ that was finally shut down after feeding years of useless "data". My my, look at all that black top sending the temp readings skyward!
urban-heat-island-fig1-1.jpg

Forum List

Back