Queen Elizabeth Death Discussion Thread

Why is there more attachment to Britain's queen in America than in the British Commonwealth.

Then Americans talk of 'the queen', there's no need to wonder 'which' queen they're referring to.

What is America's big attachment to royalty?

Why is there more attachment to Britain's queen in America than in the British Commonwealth.

Then Americans talk of 'the queen', there's no need to wonder 'which' queen they're referring to.

Why do you care?

She was a good queen.
Queen-mechanic-Army-663268.jpg

She was there for WW2. I just thought about this yesterday, but everybody I knew that lived through The Great Depression is now dead. Before they died, they told me a lot about it, though.

Maybe respect. Elizabeth has been an amazing queen. I saw her from atop my dad's shoulders in 1952.

I don't know that I would call their head of state stable. They seem to change prime ministers like underwear. Plus, it seems like they can pretty much call an election whenever they want, can't they?

The Queen is the Head of State, the Prime Minister is the Head of The Government. By British Law, the Royal Family cannot vote in their elections. Nor are they suppose to engage in political campaigns, though the Late Lord Mountabatten believed the occupation of Northern Ireland to be wrong. Ironically, it was the I.R.A. that placed a bomb aboard a fishing that Lord Mountbatten was using. The resulting explosion killed him.

Last edited:
Sad....she's been queen my entire life.

"Like Queen Elizabeth II ascended the throne in 1952 when she was just 25 years old. Hers is the longest reign of any monarch in British history. In 2015, she surpassed the record held by her great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria, who spent 62 years on the throne."

The Queen is the Head of State, the Prime Minister is the Head of The Government. By British Law, the Royal Family cannot vote in their elections. Nor are they suppose to engage in political campaigns, though the Late Lord Mountabatten believed the occupation of Northern Ireland to be wrong. Ironically, it the I.R.A. that killed him.

Not any more.

Forum List

Back