Question 2: If right wingers love America, why dont they trust American institutions?

I don't blindly trust anyone. But I don't make up conspiracies and act like I’m a victim of some federal machine. Most things in this nation are exactly as they appear, not some deep seeded plan to trick you into being a gay electric vehicle driver.
Uphill Climb Ahead

Despite all the gasbags, we're out of gas. But fuel is not needed when we're rolling down a decline.

2023%2004%2001%20Banana%20Republic.jpg
All Constitutional Republics Go Bananas

Uphill Climb Ahead

Despite all the gasbags, we're out of gas. But fuel is not needed when we're rolling down a decline.
No offense but the group claiming that the economy is crashing and going into recession for the last 4 years predicting that we are out of economic 'gas' is only so concerning. More funny actually.

Part II of my disussion on the American right asks the question: If right wingers love America, why dont they trust American institutions? It stands to reason that if you love something you tend to love the fruit it produces, right? Right wingers claim they love America more than their counterparts but have expressed utter contempt for all of its institutions. How can something so revered also be so reviled?

A partial list of untrustworthy institutions:
  • The American press
  • Doctors
  • Scientists like the CDC
  • Educators and universities
  • Environmental experts like the EPA
  • Government leaders and administrators
  • The Election process
  • The legal system
  • The actual government
The distrust is so visceral that right wing conspiracies are now commonplace. The article below talks about Fox News’ role in this predicament. As you can see from the chart below it is entirely an American phenomenon.

Why dont right wingers trust American Institutions?

Feel free to visit or revisit Part 1: Do right wingers actually ‘like’ America?

Post Inspiration:

Collapse of trust in government is a purely American phenomenon. Why? Because we have Fox News and the others don't. Oh, they have tabloids and conservative newspapers and so forth, but nothing like Fox News, which makes its living by spreading outrage over the way the country is run.

View attachment 934907

The power of Fox News is truly spectacular. Outrage sells, and the fact that one of the two major parties amplifies Fox uncritically means it has a surprisingly large influence in setting the agenda for the mainstream media too.

The truth is that US institutions mostly operate about as well as they ever have. But Fox pushes outrage over Dr. Fauci and trust in the CDC plummets. They push outrage over Donald Trump's loss in 2020 and trust in elections plummets. They go all in on CRT and DEI and trust in schools plummets. They push climate denialism and trust in science plummets. They insist that the rest of the news media are liberal pawns and trust in the very institution that explains reality plummets.

Has there ever been an institution like Fox News that works so relentlessly from within to destroy faith in a country by its citizens? It's a real-life version of what conservatives thought the Communist Party was in the '50s. And we all just let it happen.
name one not controlled by demofks, cause this is the demofk list!!!!

No offense but the group claiming that the economy is crashing and going into recession for the last 4 years predicting that we are out of economic 'gas' is only so concerning. More funny actually.

If you weren't simply trolling, I would recommend a remedial economics class for you.

And facts.
Definitely the and facts part.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg: The Dem dominated CORRUPT BIASED fake news lies daily and has been caught conspiring behind the scenes to broadcast the Dem narrative. We haven't forgotten about the Journo-List bombshell. Or the recent NPR bombshell. Or the frequent mockery of so called news orgs who blatantly blast out a narrative vs the news.
here, from the NPR CEO's own lips...

If you weren't simply trolling, I would recommend a remedial economics class for you.

And facts.
Definitely the and facts part.
One of my 3 degrees is in economics from a top university plus my masters in business from another top U. Maybe you have something else to state other than an uninformed opinion, but probably not ;)

name one not controlled by demofks, cause this is the demofk list!!!!
The FBI has always been a conservative organization and as soon as they started finding witches in the GOP suddenly they are considered a woke org by morons on the right. You fuckers see boogeymen everywhere. Try accountability instead of victimization. Its much more courageous.

The FBI has always been a conservative organization and as soon as they started finding witches in the GOP suddenly they are considered a woke org by morons on the right. You fuckers see boogeymen everywhere. Try accountability instead of victimization. Its much more courageous.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha, name one demofk they've gone after.

Forum List

Back