Remember John Edwards?

I get confused with John Edwards, the Senator, and John Edward, the psychic medium.

Full on ambulance chaser.

He once IN COURT channeled the soul of a deceased baby fetus to discuss how painful it was when the unborn child was killed.

He thinks a fetus is a living being. He said so in court.

He also can channel the unborn dead! Amazing man. So talented.

I hope he wore a neck brace to court…that would have been amazing.

You're a little confused. Edwards was not the VP candidate when he had the affair. The media didn't consider the story newsworthy, because it largely wasn't. By the time the Enquirer caught him visiting her, he had already lost the 2008 nomination to Obama.

Not until Edwards paid off his mistress or solicited donors to pay her off.

Delusional. It was so NOT 'newsworthy' that there was a plot WITHIN THE EDWARDS CAMPAIGN to self-sabotage themselves specifically to prevent Edwards from capturing the D nomination and ultimately losing the general election.

This was the first I've heard about a self-sabotage campaign, which would be unprecedented in American history, although not terribly surprising.

Nah, nothing newsworthy about that...

You're a little confused. Edwards was not the VP candidate when he had the affair. The media didn't consider the story newsworthy, because it largely wasn't. By the time the Enquirer caught him visiting her, he had already lost the 2008 nomination to Obama.

Not until Edwards paid off his mistress or solicited donors to pay her off.
The affair was reported by the National Enquirer in December of 2007. Obama had not even been in a primary but you claim Obama had the nomination in 2007? I believe you are wrong, as always.

Should be a slam dunk then huh counselor?
Should be, but we’re in crazy times. I’ve little doubt this jury will convict him, and it will go to appeal and likely be overturned, but conviction really isn’t the point of this trial, it’s keeping Trump from the campaign trail. Why else would Bragg, after having previously passing this up, after federal prosecutors passed it up, after several NY attorneys have said his case is flimsy, after various news sites have said his case is flimsy, why would he still go through this? He knows there’s a very good chance he will lose and if he wins it will be overturned.

This isn’t about a conviction

Should be, but we’re in crazy times. I’ve little doubt this jury will convict him, and it will go to appeal and likely be overturned, but conviction really isn’t the point of this trial, it’s keeping Trump from the campaign trail. Why else would Bragg, after having previously passing this up, after federal prosecutors passed it up, after several NY attorneys have said his case is flimsy, after various news sites have said his case is flimsy, why would he still go through this? He knows there’s a very good chance he will lose and if he wins it will be overturned.

This isn’t about a conviction
Actually, a conviction is the point.

Once he gets a conviction, then decent, not crazy republicans are going to ask, "Can the party of Law and Order REALLY nominate a convicted felon?"

Actually, a conviction is the point.

Once he gets a conviction, then decent, not crazy republicans are going to ask, "Can the party of Law and Order REALLY nominate a convicted felon?"

Maybe, but I think a conviction, in this case, are going to point more eyes towards democrats than toward Trump, which is why I am encouraging dems to go all out on this.

I fully admit this could backfire, I just don’t think it will. Time will tell.

Maybe, but I think a conviction, in this case, are going to point more eyes towards democrats than toward Trump, which is why I am encouraging dems to go all out on this.

I fully admit this could backfire, I just don’t think it will. Time will tell.

Not really.

Do you think there is anyone who heard about Stormy Daniels's testimony yesterday and didn't think Trump is an absolute scumbag?

You see, the main reason why Clinton mostly survived the Lewinsky Affair is Monica never really turned on him.

Trump's underlying scuzziness is there for all the world to see, and it doesn't look good.

Not really.

Do you think there is anyone who heard about Stormy Daniels's testimony yesterday and didn't think Trump is an absolute scumbag?

You see, the main reason why Clinton mostly survived the Lewinsky Affair is Monica never really turned on him.

Trump's underlying scuzziness is there for all the world to see, and it doesn't look good.

I have no idea, I know that they put Daniels on the stand solely to embarrass Trump..she has no relevant information about falsification of business records.

I think the optics of the democrats trying to imprison their opponent is just not going to play out well for you, even among other democrats.

Trump is scuzzy? Maybe? Probably? How many other members of Congress and presidents had extra marital affairs and survived it, politically. Hell, we can’t even get dems to condemn Biden showers with his daughter, or that Tara Reade should “be believed”

Call trump what you want, I really couldn’t care less…I just think this isn’t going to play out well for dems. Regardless…it’s going to be good theater.

Nope. The misdemeanor becomes a felony when it hides a larger crime.

The fact that Trump manipulated the federal system doesn't cover that up.
Then why did the FEC not take up this case after looking at the evidence?

I have no idea, I know that they put Daniels on the stand solely to embarrass Trump..she has no relevant information about falsification of business records.

I think the optics of the democrats trying to imprison their opponent is just not going to play out well for you, even among other democrats.

Oh, quite the contrary, a lot of Republicans will be happy to see Trump go to prison so they can take their party back from the loons.

Trump is scuzzy? Maybe? Probably? How many other members of Congress and presidents had extra marital affairs and survived it, politically. Hell, we can’t even get dems to condemn Biden showers with his daughter, or that Tara Reade should “be believed”

Okay, here's the thing. Other presidents had "extramarital affairs". What Stormy described is somewhere between coercion and rape. They sent Weinstein to jail for that.

Secondly, most of the "stories" you've heard about Ashley are bullshit.

Third, no one believed Tara Reade because she ripped off or cheated nearly everyone she encountered. I'm surprised the Russians haven't sent her to Siberia yet.

Call trump what you want, I really couldn’t care less…I just think this isn’t going to play out well for dems. Regardless…it’s going to be good theater.

Then why did the FEC not take up this case after looking at the evidence?
because DC is corrupt. (Also, they can't file charges, only recommend them.)

Cohen himself said Trump knew he had Sessions in his pocket.

Oh, quite the contrary, a lot of Republicans will be happy to see Trump go to prison so they can take their party back from the loons.

Okay, here's the thing. Other presidents had "extramarital affairs". What Stormy described is somewhere between coercion and rape. They sent Weinstein to jail for that.

Third, no one believed Tara Reade because she ripped off or cheated nearly everyone she encountered. I'm surprised the Russians haven't sent her to Siberia yet.

Innocent little Progs. Little goody two shoes they are. The greatest parasites of government largesse and living in human history. And that means there must be others who suffer for it. And eventually we must have wars/exterminations bringing balance to the national and world economies with the leading areas of course benefitting from it and it will last some decades as it always does. A tiny example...we cannot run trains and public transportation without massive government subsidies. National and local. The taxpayer is on the hook. Remove this.

Innocent little Progs. Little goody two shoes they are. The greatest parasites of government largesse and living in human history. And that means there must be others who suffer for it. And eventually we must have wars/exterminations bringing balance to the national and world economies with the leading areas of course benefitting from it and it will last some decades as it always does. A tiny example...we cannot run trains and public transportation without massive government subsidies. National and local. The taxpayer is on the hook. Remove this.

I think the government needs to spend more money to keep you on your meds.

DC may be corrupt..but it’s all democrat and they hate trump, so if federal prosecutors in DC passed on a campaign finance violation, then they must have thought there wasn’t a case there.

Stormy says trump never threatened her or forced her, and the fact that she continued the affair going means it was consensual. Now, if she didn’t want it, why did she keep doing it? Maybe she thought she could get something out of it?

I question the timing of all of this also. The affair allegedly happened in 2006, and suddenly she starts talking about it in 2016, during his presidential campaign. Extortion? I wonder what democrat put her up to it to try and smear Trump?

Tara Reade ripped off everyone she encountered? I read the piece on politico. Honestly..sounds like a hit piece to me. The bad part about it is, Reade never got a trial. You all simply dismissed her because you just wanted her to go away. Perhaps if she could have had a trial, they could have called all of hear witnesses and had them testify, under oath, about her “scheming ways”. She never got that opportunity, because she says she doesn’t feel safe in the US now.

DC may be corrupt..but it’s all democrat and they hate trump, so if federal prosecutors in DC passed on a campaign finance violation, then they must have thought there wasn’t a case there.

Not really. It didn't "pass", it prosecuted Cohen and sent him to prison for his part in the scheme. The problem remains that you can't charge a sitting president, both because impeachment takes precedence and because the current president appoints all the officials at DOJ.

Stormy says trump never threatened her or forced her, and the fact that she continued the affair going means it was consensual. Now, if she didn’t want it, why did she keep doing it? Maybe she thought she could get something out of it?

Daniels didn't continue any affair. It was a one-time, somewhat coercive sex act; Trump kept stringing her along about an appearance on Celebrity Apprentice.

I question the timing of all of this also. The affair allegedly happened in 2006, and suddenly she starts talking about it in 2016, during his presidential campaign. Extortion? I wonder what democrat put her up to it to try and smear Trump?

You can wonder all day. You didn't wonder about all these women who came out of the woodwork in 1992 against Clinton. Frankly, I wish Stormy had come out in 2016, it could have saved the country so much grief.

25 other women have accused Trump of misconduct. The man cheated on all three of his wives. He bragged about being able to grab women by the pussy. He was found liable for sexual assault against E. Jean Carroll. Come on, man, this is who he is. You might be willing to turn a blind eye to this because Trump hates gays and Mexicans just like you and Jesus do, but this is still who he is.

Tara Reade ripped off everyone she encountered? I read the piece on politico. Honestly..sounds like a hit piece to me. The bad part about it is, Reade never got a trial. You all simply dismissed her because you just wanted her to go away. Perhaps if she could have had a trial, they could have called all of hear witnesses and had them testify, under oath, about her “scheming ways”. She never got that opportunity, because she says she doesn’t feel safe in the US now.

Most of the claims against her were petty, such as she lived on someone's property for years and didn't pay them rent. Or she claimed to be an expert in court when she didn't have the credentials. None of this was worth putting her on trial over, but it certainly does call into question her story which changed frequently.

Not really. It didn't "pass", it prosecuted Cohen and sent him to prison for his part in the scheme. The problem remains that you can't charge a sitting president, both because impeachment takes precedence and because the current president appoints all the officials at DOJ.

Daniels didn't continue any affair. It was a one-time, somewhat coercive sex act; Trump kept stringing her along about an appearance on Celebrity Apprentice.

You can wonder all day. You didn't wonder about all these women who came out of the woodwork in 1992 against Clinton. Frankly, I wish Stormy had come out in 2016, it could have saved the country so much grief.

25 other women have accused Trump of misconduct. The man cheated on all three of his wives. He bragged about being able to grab women by the pussy. He was found liable for sexual assault against E. Jean Carroll. Come on, man, this is who he is. You might be willing to turn a blind eye to this because Trump hates gays and Mexicans just like you and Jesus do, but this is still who he is.

Most of the claims against her were petty, such as she lived on someone's property for years and didn't pay them rent. Or she claimed to be an expert in court when she didn't have the credentials. None of this was worth putting her on trial over, but it certainly does call into question her story which changed frequently.

And none of them took it up after he left office either.

Exactly…she was expecting to get something from him. You are trying to portray this as some type of quasi rape scenario, Daniels herself admitted trump didn’t force himself…and you are suggesting she was wanting a spot on his tv show…sounds like she was wanting something from him.

I didn’t really start following politics until later, but ok, let’s talk about Clinton. Have you heard the story Juanita Broaddrick tells about how Clinton violently raped her? Guess what…democrats didn’t want to believe that…Clinton was never charged for it. All of the other sexual allegations, and Clinton got away with all of them.

See, their stories are not to be believed, but allegations against Trump…or kavanaugh…well, those stories are to be believed unquestionably.

And..how many people accued bill clinton of sexual assault and you all still loved him.

I’m not saying trump isn’t a shitty person, but, that doesn’t make him a criminal…he still gets due process of law…

You might be willing to turn a blind eye to this because Trump hates gays and Mexicans just like you and Jesus do, but this is still who he is.

lol, I love how you end in the accusations. there is zero evidence that I hate gays or Mexicans…hell, you don’t know…I could BE a gay Mexican for all you know…ever thought of that? HUH?

And none of them took it up after he left office either.

Because you can't indict a sitting president. We've been over this.

Exactly…she was expecting to get something from him. You are trying to portray this as some type of quasi rape scenario, Daniels herself admitted trump didn’t force himself…and you are suggesting she was wanting a spot on his tv show…sounds like she was wanting something from him.

No more than Weinstein's victims, and we sent Weinstein to jail for the same behavior.

I didn’t really start following politics until later, but ok, let’s talk about Clinton. Have you heard the story Juanita Broaddrick tells about how Clinton violently raped her? Guess what…democrats didn’t want to believe that…Clinton was never charged for it. All of the other sexual allegations, and Clinton got away with all of them.

Broderick wasn't believed because she kept changing her story. She filed two affidavits claiming she never had sex with Clinton. Then Ken Starr threatened her with jail and she changed her story. Then she realized that there was good money to be made repeating these lies to Clinton Haters.

If Clinton raped her, then why did she keep working for his election? Why did she show up at his fundraisers (where she claimed Hillary intimidated her by saying "Thank you".) Why did she accept a position on a state board from Clinton. This isn't what a rape victim does.

See, their stories are not to be believed, but allegations against Trump…or kavanaugh…well, those stories are to be believed unquestionably.

Actually, those stories were investigated. Ken Starr spent 70 million dollars investigating all sorts of accusations against Clinton, and the only one he could prove with all that money spent was that he lied about getting a blow job from a very willing Monica Lewinsky.

And..how many people accued bill clinton of sexual assault and you all still loved him.

Actually, just three, and none of them were credible. Brodderick I've already covered. Kathleen Willey, even Ken Starr didn't believe. (It didn't help she kept calling Clinton for a job for a year after the incident). Paula Jones claimed Clinton had a "Distinguishing characteristic" on his male member that isn't born out by either his medical records or the women who have legitimately had sex with him.

I’m not saying trump isn’t a shitty person, but, that doesn’t make him a criminal…he still gets due process of law…

I'm all for him getting due process of law, but he's the one who is trying to push trials past the election so he can use his office to avoid them. "Vote for me, I'm too pretty to go to jail!"

But to the point, you want to put this "Shitty Person" back into the White House despite knowing he is a shitty person and even after he did such a horrible job the last time he was in. That's just... crazy.

lol, I love how you end in the accusations. there is zero evidence that I hate gays or Mexicans…hell, you don’t know…I could BE a gay Mexican for all you know…ever thought of that? HUH?
No, I actually never thought you could be a self-loathing gay Mexican. That would be crazy. However, I know a gay Puerto Rican woman who supports Trump. So who knows.

Because you can't indict a sitting president. We've been over this.

No more than Weinstein's victims, and we sent Weinstein to jail for the same behavior.

Broderick wasn't believed because she kept changing her story. She filed two affidavits claiming she never had sex with Clinton. Then Ken Starr threatened her with jail and she changed her story. Then she realized that there was good money to be made repeating these lies to Clinton Haters.

If Clinton raped her, then why did she keep working for his election? Why did she show up at his fundraisers (where she claimed Hillary intimidated her by saying "Thank you".) Why did she accept a position on a state board from Clinton. This isn't what a rape victim does.

Actually, those stories were investigated. Ken Starr spent 70 million dollars investigating all sorts of accusations against Clinton, and the only one he could prove with all that money spent was that he lied about getting a blow job from a very willing Monica Lewinsky.

Actually, just three, and none of them were credible. Brodderick I've already covered. Kathleen Willey, even Ken Starr didn't believe. (It didn't help she kept calling Clinton for a job for a year after the incident). Paula Jones claimed Clinton had a "Distinguishing characteristic" on his male member that isn't born out by either his medical records or the women who have legitimately had sex with him.

I'm all for him getting due process of law, but he's the one who is trying to push trials past the election so he can use his office to avoid them. "Vote for me, I'm too pretty to go to jail!"

But to the point, you want to put this "Shitty Person" back into the White House despite knowing he is a shitty person and even after he did such a horrible job the last time he was in. That's just... crazy.

No, I actually never thought you could be a self-loathing gay Mexican. That would be crazy. However, I know a gay Puerto Rican woman who supports Trump. So who knows.
Cultist.

Seriously. Only people who disagree with you politically are guilty. Your unwillingness to see that your "team" does bad shit too makes any allegation you make against the other team lack any credibility.

Cultist.

Seriously. Only people who disagree with you politically are guilty. Your unwillingness to see that your "team" does bad shit too makes any allegation you make against the other team lack any credibility.
I freely admit Clinton did bad shit. What he didn't do was break any serious laws in the process. (Sorry, perjury in a bullshit lawsuit in a non-germaine issue isn't a big deal.)

Clinton hasn't been president in 24 years. He's not coming back any time soon, so I don't worry about him that much.

I do worry that Trump wants to get back into power and is threatening "revenge" against all his "enemies".

Forum List

Back