Rightwingers: what do you think of Bernie's plan for free tuition?

the op is the typical of this generation of citizens who feels they are ENTITLED to things because they are too damn LAZY to go work for it. but why should they when they a Party filled with snake politicians like Bernie, Hillary, etc telling them they DESERVE things for FREE. but he won't explain to them there is NOTHING this government can GIVE you that doesn't come off the BACKS of others in this country

the op is the typical of this generation of citizens who feels they are ENTITLED to things because they are too damn LAZY to go work for it. but why should they when they a Party filled with snake politicians like Bernie, Hillary, etc telling them they DESERVE things for FREE. but he won't explain to them there is NOTHING this government can GIVE you that doesn't come off the BACKS of others in this country
Are you too dumb to realize that there is not any job young people can get to pay their tuition while they attend college?

Love seeing the right wingers give the ole 1% their usual weekly BJ.....everything for them nothing for the little man. Even thougIIh ALL the little man wants is a chance to not start a career 100k in debt or more.

I worked odd jobs for beer money and worked in the school cafeteria for meals in my first two years in college. I saved enough from my summer job to pay my tuition and my dad payed my rent at a boarding house for students. I didn't borrow damned cent. That is what the little man can do if he really wants an education. I did leave after two years and enlist so I could complete my Engineering degree on the GI Bill.
How long ago was this? To be able to pay for it seems a LONG time ago to me. Nowadays its just enough to pay for your books....tuition would take years to save for.

"Free" tuition??? LOL!

economics-unit-1-slide-show-7-638.jpg

Love seeing all the CONservatives not giving a shit our taxes go to foreign aid etc now but its HORRIBLE if those taxes instead went to college for people,how about another one I am sure republicans would be against. Setting up a program to simultaneously manufacturing back here by putting large taxes on products made overseas and intending to be sold here and also using abandoned homes for the homeless or underemployed etc to be put back to work and fix homelessness at same time.Bad idea I know...it doesn't benefit the rich.They would have move their companies back here pay legit wages,treat workers like human beings instead of slaves and pay a fair share of corporate taxes.

I'm willing to discuss price controls on college tuition, you know, to help the little man.

"Free" tuition??? LOL!

I don't understand why the majority of you choose not to acknowledge the information in my OP.

Exactly,,,,

The idiots don't want to pay for anything and not even for something that could help this nation compete in the world. We should offer "free" for the student education in the same way we do for the first 12 years.

"Free" tuition??? LOL!

I don't understand why the majority of you choose not to acknowledge the information in my OP.

I acknowledge the stupidity of the idea in your OP.
Like most on the left, Bernie has no fucking clue about economics and would make things worse, not better, if any of his stupidity became law.

"Free" tuition??? LOL!

Exactly,,,,

The idiots don't want to pay for anything and not even for something that could help this nation compete in the world. We should offer "free" for the student education in the same way we do for the first 12 years.

Yes! Let's dumb down college like liberals have dumbed down public education in the last 50 years.

"Free" tuition??? LOL!

Exactly,,,,

Yes! Let's dumb down college like liberals have dumbed down public education in the last 50 years.

We don't have to dumb it down...Only idiots dumb it down and they should be thrown out of the job.

"Free" tuition??? LOL!

What I chose to not acknowledge is your premise that throwing more money at education would somehow result in any tangible benefit.

The US already spends more money than any country on earth and has some of the poorest test scores for the students. Tons more money won't change that.

Anybody that wants to go to college can pretty much get a college degree nowadays. It isn't hard to do. All "free" tuition would do is water down the college degree to be next to worthless.

Besides, a tremendous number of shitheads in the country would use the freebie to hide from work and responsibility and the money would be wasted. Then you have the tons of worthless degrees that have no real market value.

Of course there is the simple concept of fairness. The government should never take money from one person and give it to another. That is thievery.

The money that given to the college student would be taken out of the productive economy and result in less jobs, economic growth and investments. .

"Free" college tuition is probably one of the worst "investments" the filthy ass bloated, debt ridden, corrupt, out of control government could ever make.

If you want to go to college pay for it yourself. I did.

"Free" tuition??? LOL!

What I chose to not acknowledge is your premise that throwing more money at education would somehow result in any tangible benefit.

The US already spends more money than any country on earth and has some of the poorest test scores for the students. Tons more money won't change that.

Anybody that wants to go to college can pretty much get a college degree nowadays. It isn't hard to do. All "free" tuition would do is water down the college degree to be next to worthless.

Besides, a tremendous number of shitheads in the country would use the freebie to hide from work and responsibility and the money would be wasted. Then you have the tons of worthless degrees that have no real market value.

Of course there is the simple concept of fairness. The government should never take money from one person and give it to another. That is thievery.

The money that given to the college student would be taken out of the productive economy and result in less jobs, economic growth and investments. .

"Free" college tuition is probably one of the worst "investments" the filthy ass bloated, debt ridden, corrupt, out of control government could ever make.

Throwing money at education is the ONLY way to improve it. The problem with public school performance in this country can be attributed to a variety of reasons, one of those is poor utilization of the money spent. I'm not suggesting we throw more money at lower education, but cutting it would be a horrible idea.

Higher education is a very separate issue. It lacks compared to the rest of the world because of how poorly funded it is. Tuition hikes result because of poor government investment.

"Free" tuition??? LOL!

Exactly,,,,

We don't have to dumb it down...Only idiots dumb it down and they should be thrown out of the job.

If you let every idiot high school grad go to a 4 year college on the taxpayer's dime, you will be dumbing it down.
Because if you flunk out the idiots, you'll be called a racist.

"Free" tuition??? LOL!

Throwing money at education is the ONLY way to improve it. The problem with public school performance in this country can be attributed to a variety of reasons, one of those is poor utilization of the money spent. I'm not suggesting we throw more money at lower education, but cutting it would be a horrible idea.

Higher education is a very separate issue. It lacks compared to the rest of the world because of how poorly funded it is. Tuition hikes result because of poor government investment.

The government "invests" more than ever in college funding.
That's why things are more fucked up than ever.

Love seeing the right wingers give the ole 1% their usual weekly BJ.....everything for them nothing for the little man. Even thougIIh ALL the little man wants is a chance to not start a career 100k in debt or more.

I worked odd jobs for beer money and worked in the school cafeteria for meals in my first two years in college. I saved enough from my summer job to pay my tuition and my dad payed my rent at a boarding house for students. I didn't borrow damned cent. That is what the little man can do if he really wants an education. I did leave after two years and enlist so I could complete my Engineering degree on the GI Bill.
How long ago was this? To be able to pay for it seems a LONG time ago to me. Nowadays its just enough to pay for your books....tuition would take years to save for.

I am sure you are correct since times have changed. I went to a junior college my first two years and the University on my GI Bill and with my wife working to help for the last two years. I saved enough of my military pay to pay the first semester tuition and my last two years actually took 3 years to complete since I had to take a part time job and didn't carry a full load several semesters. Nobody said it was easy!

"Free" tuition??? LOL!

The government "invests" more than ever in college funding.
That's why things are more fucked up than ever.
No it doesn't. That's a lie.

Forum List

Back