Science IQ Test

The answers are incredible and speak to the properties of water as so brilliantly designed by Nature's God, as He is called in our Declaration of Independence, written by Christian men of wisdom and integrity.

Twenty-nine of the fifty-six signatories to the Declaration of Independence were graduates of seminary schools.
The great majority of the rest were Christian leaders who spoke boldly about their Christian faith.

Toddsterpatriot

The answer is 0.5079 ounces of ice.

Water has a heat capacity of 4.18 J/g C degree

Gold has a heat capacity of 0.129 J/g C degree

The heat of fusion of water is 80 times the heat capacity of water, so one gram of gold will cool down 100 degrees C with the loss of 12.9 Joules. Ice will melt absorbing 4.18 J x 80 per gram or 334.4 J without changing temperature!

The ratio of 12.9 to 334.4 or .038576 will apply to any respective quantity of grams of gold cooling from100 C and ice just melting without even changing temperature. But a troy pound of gold is 373.24 grams, which at 100 C requires 4,814.796 joules to be absorbed.

4,814.796 J divided by 334.4 J/g = 14.398 g of ice

14.398g/ 453.59 g/pound = .031743 pound

.031743 pound of ice at 0 to cool it. .031743 times 16 ounces is 0.5079 ounces of ice.

453.59 g per avoirdupois pound

373.24 g per troy pound

avoirdupois vs troy? LOL!

Thanks.

Twenty-nine of the fifty-six signatories to the Declaration of Independence were graduates of seminary schools.
The great majority of the rest were Christian leaders who spoke boldly about their Christian faith.

Thomas Jefferson on Christianity.
“There is not one redeeming feature in our superstition of Christianity. It has made one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites.”

Study this picture of Superman for 20 seconds. Then go on to the following post I will leave and if you can write down three differences between the pictures, you are much smarter than the average Democrat.

Superman.jpg

i

Übersetzung:
Wie viele Unzen Wasserdampf mit einer Temperatur von 100 Grad Celsius reichen aus, um ein Pfund Gold mit einer Temperatur von 0 Grad Celsius zu erwärmen, wenn der gesamte Dampf kondensiert, so dass beide bei 100 Grad Celsius ins Gleichgewicht kommen? (Perfekt isolierter Behälter mit konstantem Druck von einer Atmosphäre).

Hmmm ...

1 Unze = 28.35 g (Gramm) ... 1 Pfund = ... unimportant!

Sorry, but this is impossible as far as I can see: The gold makes the steam colder - the steam makes the gold hotter. They cannot reach an equilibrium at 100°C. ... I fear your SIQ is sick. ...

The gold cools down the limited amount of steam so the steam has no 100°C any longer - and so the steam is also not able any longer to heat up the gold to 100°C. An equilibrium has to be under 100°C. In this case no steam is existing any longer. The steam becomes water. In case the steam is hotter than 100°C you need to know the temperature of the steam to be able to solve the problem. I do not think it exists any "intelligent" solution. I think the solution is lost in mathematcis. Richard Feynmans "Shut up, calculate!" is wrong in this case. There is nothing to calculate. First of all a new measurement is needed.

Last edited:

Has to do what with what? The prejudice that atheism is no belief and Christians are idiots? For to solve such problems you need not to believe in god and you also not need no believe in atheism to do so. You need knowledge about physics and the spirituality of physics which is called "mathematsics" (- asides from creative (=godly) inspirations). And the USA was - ¿and still is? - a child of the European enlightenment. All sciences including natural philosophy (=physics) rised - rationality at all rised.

Last edited:
Estimate only please. Give it your best guess.

How many ounces of steam at 100 degrees Celsius will heat up one pound of gold at 0 degrees Celsius, just condensing all the steam so that both equilibrate at 100 degrees Celsius? (Perfectly insulated container at constant pressure of one atmosphere.)

How many pounds of gold at 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit) would it take to melt just one pound of ice at (0 Celsius) 32 degrees Fahrenheit and heat it to steam at 212 degrees Fahrenheit?

(Perfectly insulated container at constant pressure of one atmosphere.)

The answers are incredible and speak to the properties of water as so brilliantly designed by Nature's God, as He is called in our Declaration of Independence, written by Christian men of wisdom and integrity.
Interesting questions. I would have thought that steam had no weight, though; only mass.

The gold cools down the limited amount of steam so the steam has no 100°C any longer - and so the steam is also not able any longer to heat up the gold to 100°C. An equilibrium has to be under 100°C. In this case no steam is existing any longer. The steam becomes water. In case the steam is hotter than 100°C you need to know the temperature of the steam to be able to solve the problem. I do not think it exists any "intelligent" solution. I think the solution is lost in mathematcis. Richard Feynmans "Shut up, calculate!" is wrong in this case. There is nothing to calculate. First of all a new measurement is needed.

the gold cools down the limited amount of steam so the steam has no 100°C any longer

When 100°C steam condenses, it releases energy to become 100°C water.

An equilibrium has to be under 100°C.

You're mistaken.

Thomas Jefferson on Christianity.
“There is not one redeeming feature in our superstition of Christianity. It has made one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites.”

That's why Thomas Jefferson had sent Christian missionaries to some Red Indian tribes? Because he was a fool and hypocrite - thinking they will not survive if they will not change their lifestyle? And that's why today some Red Indians are under critics because they do not live in tents and do not hunt not existing bufalloes but build sky scrapers?

Last edited:
the gold cools down the limited amount of steam so the steam has no 100°C any longer

When 100°C steam condenses, it releases energy to become 100°C water.

An equilibrium has to be under 100°C.

You're mistaken.

What is my mistake? The water will become cooler - the gold hotter. Both will not reach an equilibrium at 100°C.

Last edited:
Why the need for such dishonesty?

Many of the those who contributed to the DoI were Deists, not Christian. Others were non-religious.
None were Deists. Ben Franklin embraced it briefly, in the end regarding it "not very useful." Jefferson probably took even less interest in it. And Thomas Paine doesn't count. Was he even part of the Second Continental Congress?

Only Jefferson. But he was still well-versed in the Bible and even read the Quran.

Did he understand anything of this what is written in the Quran? I needed some time to understand that no one is able to understand what's written in the Quran because Osman - the third caliph - destroyed the context of the words of Mohammed when he wrote the Quran. For example: Mohammed was right when he said no one is a Christian who believes in the triune god = god father, mother Mary and Jesus. This stupidity - what was not really a stupidity from another perspective - caused a lot of trouble.

Last edited:
What is my mistake? The water will become cooler - the gold hotter. Both will not reach an equilibrium at 100°C.

What is my mistake?

When 100°C steam condenses it releases 2.26 kJ of heat per gram.
Now the water is at 100°C and the gold gets warmer. Now condense more steam.
You get more 100°C water and heat the gold up a bit more. At some point, all the gold is
at 100°C sitting in a puddle of 100°C water.

Nice try….but WRONG

The correct answer is 42

View attachment 732432

That's what believers in science say - but that's not what real scientists say. If the equilibrium had been 42°C (=deadly fever) - how much steam at 100°C (or how much cooking water) had it needed to reach this equilibrium in the box? By the way: Which temperature has the box? Is this not also an important factor we need to know and to measure?

What is my mistake?

When 100°C steam condenses it releases 2.26 kJ of heat per gram.
Now the water is at 100°C and the gold gets warmer. Now condense more steam.
You get more 100°C water and heat the gold up a bit more. At some point, all the gold is
at 100°C sitting in a puddle of 100°C water.

You think the whole universe and "everything around" (what not exists) is full of steam. That's an infinite regress. Slowly the gold becomes hotter - but never is reaching exactly 100,000... °C. (Under ideal conditions - but the reality is anyway much more complex).

Forum List

Back