Shenandoah County (Virginia) School Board votes to restore the Confederate memorial names of schools ...

Get over it? I don't support honoring those who fought to keep slavery legal. I won't get over that.
Yeah get over it. If you remove everything from that period in out history, it will eventually be forgotten
along with the significance of it. That's why I say it's part of our history. It shouldn't be forgotten, no
matter how bad it was.

Yeah get over it. If you remove everything from that period in out history,

I never argued to get rid of getting "rid of everything". I said I do not support honoring people who fought to keep slavery legal.

it will eventually be forgotten
along with the significance of it. That's why I say it's part of our history. It shouldn't be forgotten, no
matter how bad it was.

I never argued it should. Just because there isn't a Robert E Lee boulevard doesn't mean that part of our history will be forgot.

That some of the entries were in ball-point pen, to start with.

Ballpoint pens didn't become a thing until 1951
Link to ball point pen…

You sound like Iranian hero, and National Alliance guest speaker Robert Faurisson.

I never argued to get rid of getting "rid of everything". I said I do not support honoring people who fought to keep slavery legal.

I never argued it should. Just because there isn't a Robert E Lee boulevard doesn't mean that part of our history will be forgot.
Remove it, and it will be forgotten, and nothing but a fine print footnote eventually. Not in our lifetime, but eventually.
You don't have to support honoring the people. But, the First Amendment is pretty strong Amendment.
Also, changing the names back does not mean that they support slavery, or racism.
But, honoring THEIR military....again a First Amendment right.

Yeah get over it. If you remove everything from that period in out history, it will eventually be forgotten
matter how bad it was.
Nothing about Union heroes. Its odd...

Remove it, and it will be forgotten, and nothing but a fine print footnote eventually. Not in our lifetime, but eventually.

No it won't.

We still know who Napoleon was.

You don't have to support honoring the people. But, the First Amendment is pretty strong Amendment.
Also, changing the names back does not mean that they support slavery, or racism.
But, honoring THEIR military....again a First Amendment right.

LOL.

Schools were named after him in other countries.
I guess they just aren't as fragile as those we have in our country.

Good for them. I don't know for sure but I imagine in Japan they have things named after Hirohito.

Forum List

Back