Take Sides - Israel or Hamas Terrorists - Choose ONLY ONE!

"There is a third option (between supporting Israel or terrorosts.)
Yes. Cowardice
Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed.

There are currently 35 active armed conflicts on this planet... all of which involve the loss of civilian lives.

Not a single person here, or anywhere, can have an informed opinion on each and every one.

If you choose one to ignore, make it the Israel/Palestine Conflict because ...

A) Unless you have skin in the game, your opinion is not likely to be well informed AND

B) Both side got this ... you're basically getting mixed up in a domestic dispute.

Or I can MYOB and let Israel fight their own battles, without puffing my chest out with the arrogant pretense that supporting them makes me a better man than you.

Virtue signaling is just plain smarmy.

Your rhetoric is all too typical of the malicious Left; attack the person, not the message. You cannot attack the message so you attack the messenger.

Nobody but YOU mentioned "better man" or "virtue."

Grow up and start thinking, for a change.

This is one of one of the biggest problems in our country today. We are always pressured to "pick a side" instead of understand that when it comes to things like war and current events, the truth is not as simplistic and cut and dry as we're led to believe. So I strongly disagree with "picking a side" based on things like tribalism, partisanship, or simply on what we've been spoon-fed by the powers-that-shouldn't-be.

I'm going to post a quote that will probably be attacked just because of who said it, but I agree with the basic point. And I really don't see how anyone could disagree with these words. :dunno: I'll bold the important part.

"I am not pro Palestinian, I am not pro Israeli, I am pro-truth and I am pro justice. If the truth is on the Israeli side, I will support Israel, if justice is on the Israeli side, I will support Israel, and the same thing goes for the Palestinians.”

- Norman Finkelstein

Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iran and all their supporters and sponsors are NOT on the side of "truth and justice." Don't you even get that?
If not, you are truly hopeless. They gang raped women, and butchered innocent babies. Put your "truth and justice" spin on those.

Your rhetoric is all too typical of the malicious Left; attack the person, not the message. You cannot attack the message so you attack the messenger.

Nobody but YOU mentioned "better man" or "virtue."

Grow up and start thinking, for a change.
I'm farther right than you, Buckwheat.

Go wave your virtue beacon in someone else's face.

Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iran and all their supporters and sponsors are NOT on the side of "truth and justice." Don't you even get that?
If not, you are truly hopeless. They gang raped women, and butchered innocent babies. Put your "truth and justice" spin on those.

Who said that? I sure as hell didn't. Apparently the point flew over your head.

Who said that? I sure as hell didn't. Apparently the point flew over your head.
Yes you sure as hell did say "truth and justice" as if Israel and Hamas were equally yoked. You imitated the Arabs in your pretentious fabrication.

"Out of the very stones [Arabs] will fabricate such a tower of falsehoods
that you can only stand and gape in wonder and admiration at their fruitful invention." --Isabel Burton

“One day, millions of men will leave the Southern Hemisphere to go to the Northern Hemisphere. And they will not go there as friends. Because they will go there to conquer it. And they will conquer it with their sons. The wombs of our women will give us victory.” – Houari Boumedienne, President of Algeria, at the U.N. in 1974

“I have been made victorious through terror.” – (Bukhari 4.52.220 - Mohammad)

This is one of one of the biggest problems in our country today. We are always pressured to "pick a side" instead of understand that when it comes to things like war and current events, the truth is not as simplistic and cut and dry as we're led to believe. So I strongly disagree with "picking a side" based on things like tribalism, partisanship, or simply on what we've been spoon-fed by the powers-that-shouldn't-be.

I'm going to post a quote that will probably be attacked just because of who said it, but I agree with the basic point. And I really don't see how anyone could disagree with these words. :dunno: I'll bold the important part.

"I am not pro Palestinian, I am not pro Israeli, I am pro-truth and I am pro justice. If the truth is on the Israeli side, I will support Israel, if justice is on the Israeli side, I will support Israel, and the same thing goes for the Palestinians.”

- Norman Finkelstein
What a stupid thing to say. When dealing with conclusions, such as which side to support, truth and justice are subjective, and that's why people can look at the same objective facts on the ground and come to opposite conclusions about what is just.

Instead of trying to sound profound, maybe you should try to be pragmatic. We can all agree what is happening in Gaza is terrible, but which outcome is preferable? Since Hamas has affirmed again and again that it will accept no long term outcome other than the destruction of Israel, if the IDF were to leave, then we would see the current situation of war every few years in which Gaza will be destroyed over and over again, and if Israel crushes Hamas and maintains security control over Gaza, there will be no more wars, but a low level of terrorist attacks, much like the West Bank. Neither outcome will meet anyone's standards for truth or justice, but the latter will provide the Gazans with the opportunity to build a better quality of life for themselves.

Last edited:
I'm farther right than you, Buckwheat.

Go wave your virtue beacon in someone else's face.

Leftists have no exclusive rights to the nonsense you prattle.
It's not about me or virtue. You are simply playing the Leftist game, and losing at it.

ciao brutto, aptly named "Oddball".

What a stupid thing to say (buttercup).

Indeed it was, and then "buttercup" doubled down and tried to deny her
"truth and justice" quote as if it just might apply to ongoing, chronic terrorist savagery.....
This is why America is held in such contempt by our enemies. They destroy ruthlessly. We vacillate and equivocate. Whoosh - right over buttercup's head.

If you're a Jew, you should take sides. If you're a Muslim, you should likewise take a side. If you're an Israeli, or a Palestinian, or someone you love is .. you have a dog in the fight.

Otherwise, there is no real reason to take a side. Because any opinion you form, either way, will likely be ill-considered and based on an incomplete appreciation of the facts of the case.

When I watch the pro-Hamas demonstrations, I see a lot of people swept up in a hysteria of hatred for reasons they don't understand and don't appreciate the consequences. They are merely following a lynch mob... and that never has a good outcome
WRONG!!! The PLO murdered a little girl from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia many years ago. I will NEVER forget.
PLO, Hamas, Isis, Fatah, PLA.......all fleas on the same dog!!

Greg

What a stupid thing to say. When dealing with conclusions, such as which side to support, truth and justice are subjective, and that's why people can look at the same objective facts on the ground and come to opposite conclusions about what is just.

Instead of trying to sound profound, maybe you should try to be pragmatic. We can all agree what is happening in Gaza is terrible, but which outcome is preferable? Since Hamas has affirmed again and again that it will accept no long term outcome other than the destruction of Israel, if the IDF were to leave, then we would see the current situation of war every few years in which Gaza will be destroyed over and over again, and if Israel crushes Hamas and maintains security control over Gaza, there will be no more wars, but a low level of terrorist attacks, much like the West Bank. Neither outcome will meet anyone's standards for truth or justice, but the latter will provide the Gazans to build a better quality of life for themselves.

Like the other guy, you seem to be missing the basic point. I wasn't just talking about the current situation in Israel / Gaza, so at the moment I'm not interested in getting into specifics about it. My point was that in ANY conflict or situation where we're pressured to "pick a side" - the ONLY thing that should come first is truth and justice. Not tribalism, not partisanship, and not a knee-jerk response based on what we're spoon-fed by the controlled MSM.

And another thing. Truth is not always what we're led to believe. It's not always what you'd expect. In fact, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. I mean, this should go without saying, but that's why it's important to not automatically believe whatever you're told, and to NOT put secondary things (like partisanship, pre-existing biases, tribalism) first.

That's all. Don't add to my words or try to shame me into going along with the crowd and "picking a side." You're doing precisely what the powers-that-shouldn't-be always manipulate the public to do. Good job with that. :rolleyes:

"There is a third option (between supporting Israel or terrorosts.)
Yes. Cowardice
Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed.
You are of course correct, but they are not the ONLY choices. I'm with Oddball up to a point but it's an argument to have AFTER Hamas is utterly destroyed.

Greg

There are some credible intel reports that appararently Arafat was a soviet KGB asset. I can't confirm, but it has been suggested by many this is accurate.

Also, I think Israels first PM Golda Meir said it first, to the effect that if her neighbours had the weapons that Israel had and vice versa, not only would there not be peace but Israel wouldn't exist. Due to Israels military might there is peace in the region, until of course, they are attacked as they were on Oct 7th.

There is no bloody equivalency and people are fooling themselves or just lying to justify their own hatred. Jews vastly wish to live in peace and prosperity. Yes there are some extremists in Israel. The majority of people in Israel reject them too.

If Hamas had Israels military might they would have destroyed Israel without mercy. Oct 7th is an inside look into their evil debauchery. Most of the logical world understands this. Again, this is coming from a man who prays for peace everywhere.
Arafat was a whore for whoever would give him money or power. He told the Israelis what they wanted to hear until he could stab them in the back.

Greg

Like the other guy, you seem to be missing the basic point. I wasn't just talking about the current situation in Israel / Gaza, so at the moment I'm not interested in getting into specifics about it. My point was that in ANY conflict or situation where we're pressured to "pick a side" - the ONLY thing that should come first is truth and justice. Not tribalism, not partisanship, and not a knee-jerk response based on what we're spoon-fed by the controlled MSM.

And another thing. Truth is not always what we're led to believe. It's not always what you'd expect. In fact, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. I mean, this should go without saying, but that's why it's important to not automatically believe whatever you're told, and to NOT put secondary things (like partisanship, pre-existing biases, tribalism) first.

That's all. Don't add to my words or try to shame me into going along with the crowd and "picking a side." You're doing precisely what the powers-that-shouldn't-be always manipulate the public to do. Good job with that. :rolleyes:
You are missing the point. Other than concrete objective facts on the ground, the determination of truth and justice is subjective, which means searching for truth and Justice will inevitably lead you to your own biases and lead you to seek out arguments or even distort facts on the ground to try to justify your own biases. Your lack of interest in the specifics of the situation leaves you with nothing but your own biases.

You are missing the point. Other than concrete objective facts on the ground, the determination of truth and justice is subjective, which means searching for truth and Justice will inevitably lead you to your own biases and lead you to seek out arguments or even distort facts on the ground to try to justify your own biases. Your lack of interest in the specifics of the situation leaves you with nothing but your own biases.

You changed what I said. I wasn't saying that I'm not interested in the specifics at all. Of course I am. I said that in regard to THIS particular discussion, I was making a general point about the importance of putting truth first. I specifically said "at the moment I'm not interested in getting into specifics". You left out "at the moment."

As for the other things you said, there are some things that are not subjective. There are some disturbing things that people are ignoring because of their staunch partisanship and preexisting biases. Which just proves my point about the importance of putting principle and truth first, or else literally anything goes. But anyway, I don't want to argue this any further, I made my point. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

You changed what I said. I wasn't saying that I'm not interested in the specifics at all. Of course I am. I said that in regard to THIS particular discussion, I was making a general point about the importance of putting truth first. I specifically said "at the moment I'm not interested in getting into specifics". You left out "at the moment."

As for the other things you said, there are some things that are not subjective. There are some disturbing things that people are ignoring because of their staunch partisanship and preexisting biases. Which just proves my point about the importance of putting principle and truth first, or else literally anything goes. But anyway, I don't want to argue this any further, I made my point. So we'll have to agree to disagree.
Actually, you made no point at all. You are simply renaming your biases as truth and justice.

Forum List

Back