That's One Ugly Revolver Sir....Rough Taurus Model 80

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I walked into one of my local pawn shops this morning and the owner said I have something for you and proceeds to pull a older 3" barreled Taurus revolver from under the counter.

t 001 (2).JPG

It looked like warmed over shit but as best I could tell it was fine mechanically.

It was part of an "all or nothing" three-gun deal he did with a customer and he said he had $50.00 in it and asked if I would give him $75 out the door for it.....Sigh, I bought it.

I took it home and knocked the worst crap off, cleaned the bore, cylinder chambers, and the "guts". It was GTG and timed right and was tight as a tick.

It's a older Taurus dating from the late 60s by the look of the features. All of their older serial number records were destroyed.

I figure the next time I Dura-Coat something I'll do this one.

There's not much more to be said about them, they are basically a clone of the S&W Model 10.

I did stick it in a old GI flap revolver holster I altered to fit a 3" Ruger years ago....It serves.

I have a detective special copy, German made in the 60's. It's a cheapie, but it fires nicely. It's older than the gun in this pic, but it has that brown tone finish like this one.

13171344_2.jpg

Forum List

Back