The 17th. Amendment and the Destruction of Democracy

Yep....stupid Republicans went along with it.

Bad....very bad....idea.

And we've been truly screwed ever since.

You won't get the senate to turn itself over to the states....ever. It would take a national referendum.

But there is something else the states could do !

I think we all feel the destruction of Democracy in the US is a reality but most of us don't understand how it is possible:

People here in the U.S. hate to admit that their govt. does indeed represent them and reflects their national character 100%, same as with every other country on the planet. Can't be any other way except temporarily. Their pols and bureaucrats all have the same morals and principles the majority of the population has, in the U.S.'s case the lack thereof.

People here in the U.S. hate to admit that their govt. does indeed represent them and reflects their national character 100%, same as with every other country on the planet. Can't be any other way except temporarily. Their pols and bureaucrats all have the same morals and principles the majority of the population has, in the U.S.'s case the lack thereof.

Except it wasn't to long ago that 93 of the 100 senators were millionaires. Before they came to the senate. I think are all as much once they leave. Not sure they can understand who we are being in that condition.

People here in the U.S. hate to admit that their govt. does indeed represent them and reflects their national character 100%, same as with every other country on the planet.
This is no longer true even in my own country.
Can't be any other way except temporarily.
I'm sure that's true.
Their pols and bureaucrats all have the same morals and principles the majority of the population has, in the U.S.'s case the lack thereof.
No, the population is often duped into believing something that isn't true but it is on the basis of being manipulated, not by what they hold as true & just. When the facts are presented in a way that is understood (as in this video) then those who view it do not share the bureaucratic "morals" ..... the lack thereof.

Except it wasn't to long ago that 93 of the 100 senators were millionaires. Before they came to the senate. I think are all as much once they leave. Not sure they can understand who we are being in that condition.

No other incentive to run, other than getting bought. People who can't be bought will never acquire the means to run for office.

Has nothing to do with democracy, though, as the state Legislatures chose the Senators from the beginning of the Republic until the 17th was ratified.

And it was a big push over several decades by Progressives that gave us the 16th, 17th and the Federal Reserve.

But the 14th began the downfall.

Yep....stupid Republicans went along with it.

Bad....very bad....idea.

And we've been truly screwed ever since.

You won't get the senate to turn itself over to the states....ever. It would take a national referendum.

But there is something else the states could do !

There are no constitutional provisions for a referendum. What it's would take is 3/4ths of the States to agree to do it, I don't see that happening either.

This is no longer true even in my own country.
Can't be any other way. All those people are raised in their own country and have the same values as the population they come from.
Not correct. Up until the CIA assassinated Olaf Palme the population was united under the highest form of Democracy in the world. But since then ....... :nono: We now have the same dishonest political chicanery as in the US. Even slanderous -we never had that before!

Not correct. Up until the CIA assassinated Olaf Palme the population was united under the highest form of Democracy in the world. But since then ....... :nono: We now have the same dishonest political chicanery as in the US. Even slanderous -we never had that before!

Without the CIA Europe would have no other excuses for their own fuck ups. Why CIA and not Soviets., Jews, WEF, etc.?

Has nothing to do with democracy, though, as the state Legislatures chose the Senators from the beginning of the Republic until the 17th was ratified.

And it was a big push over several decades by Progressives that gave us the 16th, 17th and the Federal Reserve.

But the 14th began the downfall.

Civil War era finished off what was left of original intent.

I think we all feel the destruction of Democracy in the US is a reality but most of us don't understand how it is possible:

the states, under the 14th amendment, are are neither necessary, nor sufficient to insure "a republican form of government. that responsibility is federal.

Forum List

Back