The Pliocene: The Last Time Earth had >400 ppm of Atmospheric CO2 (3 Mil yrs ago)

For some historical perspective on our now 420 PPM CO2 level.
I don't think we have to go much or even any higher to reach the same Sea Level...
And we are and will exceed the current CO2 level easily at the rate we're going as atmospheric CO2 is Cumulative and lasts from 5-200 years. I think 500 PPM is in the cards by 2050 or before.

The USA is doing a great job lowering emissions in the last decade, almost the 'GND' of AOC due to the fact Renewables have become 80-90% cheaper/more efficient in that short time period. But we still contribute though not nearly as much as 'Chindia' and the 'developing world.

Alas, we got to 400+ so fast (100-200x natural speed) we probably just have to wait for the snowballing Melt (+free and generated Methane) to catch up.

The Pliocene: The Last Time Earth had >400 ppm of Atmospheric CO2

Royal Meteorological Society

The last time carbon dioxide was so plentiful in our planet's atmosphere was in the Pliocene era, around 3 million years ago. Life on Earth was dominated by giant mammals; humans and chimps had shared their last common ancestor. Although the sun's force was about the same, the sea levels were 15 metres (50') higher and Arctic summer temperatures were 14 degrees higher than the present day.".."

co2.Earth

kc-monthly-0580.png

`

The USA is doing a great job lowering emissions in the last decade, almost the 'GND' of AOC due to the fact Renewables have become 80-90% cheaper/more efficient in that short time period.

We lowered emissions mostly because of fracking.
We could do a lot more if the leftards weren't such pussies about nuclear.

Idiots like you need to realize this....

Because Miami-Dade County is located in a unique geographical area, it is particularly susceptible to flooding from major rain events and storm surge. The County is surrounded by major water bodies, the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay, and many rivers, lakes and canals.
Miami-Dade County
https://www.miamidade.gov/environment/flood-maps.asp

Flood Zone Maps - Miami-Dade County

Actually.. a few corrections.
Both NYC and Miami have issues because of BOTH rising Sea Level AND natural subsidence.
Both also have issues due to the weight of their cities. NYC (even on) on Bedrock, Miami on Porous Limestone more foreseeable.
Much of S Florida was drained from its natural swamp.
Some of ie, NYC (and San Francisco) are built on Landfill.
From app Norfolk down and around to the Gulf, most places have natural subsidence as well as sea level rise.

(BTW IGNORE EMH, HE'S MENTALLY ILL IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED.)
(ToasterParrot is a one line troll. Many other "libtard" RWers are too)

Last edited:
Both NYC and Miami have issues because of BOTH rising Sea Level AND natural subsidence.
Both also have issues due to the weight of their cities. NYC (even on) on Bedrock, Miami on Porous Limestone more foreseeable.
From app Norfolk down and around to the Gulf, most places have natural subsidence as well as sea level rise.

(BTW IGNORE EMH, HE'S MENTALLY ILL IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED.
(ToasterParrot is a one line troll.)
I live 5 miles from the beach, and guess what? The beach is still there. There are million dollar mansions on the beach, why would anyone want to build a house near the ocean knowing that it would be under water soon? Are you saying these people are morons, for buying up this expensive property?

I live 5 miles from the beach, and guess what? The beach is still there. There are million dollar mansions on the beach, why would anyone want to build a house near the ocean knowing that it would be under water soon? Are you saying these people are morons, for buying up this expensive property?
Guess what, I also have beach place, and the only reason the 'beach' has been there for the last 40++ years (like Miami) is Replenishment every 6/7 years or so and bolstering. Like many Fl and East Coast beaches/rebuilt Dunes.
There was a sea wall at one time, and still there but never hit/reached unless a hurricane comes by.
`

Last edited:
Guess what, I also have beach place, and the only reason the 'beach' has been there for the last 40++ years is Replenishment every 6/7 years or so and bolstering. Like many Fl and East Coast beaches/Dunes.
There was a sea wall at one time, and still there but never hit unless a hurricane comes by.
`
Yet, you still arent under water yet. Are you a moron for investing in beach front property? Or were you so gullible to buy up the property thinking that it would be worth more money in the future?

Why havent you commented on the Heinz Ketchup that is pouring millions of parts of CO2 into the atmosphere making John Kerry's wife millions of dollars? Is she exempt from your wrath because John Kerry(who won 3 purple hearts) talks the talk?

Yet, you still arent under water yet. Are you a moron for investing in beach front property? Or were you so gullible to buy up the property thinking that it would be worth more money in the future?
Why havent you commented on the Heinz Ketchup that is pouring millions of parts of CO2 into the atmosphere making John Kerry's wife millions of dollars? Is she exempt from your wrath because John Kerry(who won 3 purple hearts) talks the talk?
I'm a senior and this is just a (killer) 1 br condo I bought very well... along with a larger residence in another state.
I could sell the former for 2x+ what paid 8 yrs ago. Prices have gone crazy.
`
You seem to have a Hang up up ONE industrial food company!
WTF/Get over it clown.
Why should I give a shit about Heinz? (and more Idiotically Heinz only)
You think I'm a Marxist who hates wealthy people and food/ANY manufacturing?

Hopefully the Grid will continue to get more renewable every year and we will have less emissions.

(BTW IGNORE EMH, HE'S MENTALLY ILL IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED.

Huge Quadruple/Quintuple spacing and JPGs is one part of it.)

Last edited:
The USA is doing a great job lowering emissions in the last decade, almost the 'GND' of AOC due to the fact Renewables have become 80-90% cheaper/more efficient in that short time period.

We lowered emissions mostly because of fracking.
We could do a lot more if the leftards weren't such pussies about nuclear.

Dubious that fracking lowers emissions, as it creates methane, which is a more potent GHG. Nuclear isn't a lefty issue; it's a NIMBY issue and nobody wants a massive construction project that could leak deadly radiation within 25 miles of their homes. It also takes a rather long time to get a nuke plant up and running.

Pure BS. No one was measuring CO2 3million yrs ago you bearded curried black arab goat brained camels breath.

Last edited:
And we are "mentally ill" if we ask for a single photo of a landmark sinking.

Abu mentions NYC...

R.15ee9582e96aacf6e496e3a423f20302

Today with additional sea wall...

OLD NEW YORK: The Statue of Liberty (I)

I admit that I was rather surprised to learn of Manhattan...'sinking' under the weight of its skyscrapers. I thought I read somewhere that its bedrock was pretty solid and made it hard to dig foundations, but maybe I misread/misremembered?

SF is a completely different story. Fault lines for one thing and reclaimed land - the bigger issue - for another. And they're surprised that one of their brand new skyscrapers is struggling to stay upright? There's a reason that they didn't even want to build the Trans-America Pyramid back in 1972 (853 feet).

I admit that I was rather surprised to learn of Manhattan...'sinking' under the weight of its skyscrapers. I thought I read somewhere that its bedrock was pretty solid and made it hard to dig foundations, but maybe I misread/misremembered?

SF is a completely different story. Fault lines for one thing and reclaimed land - the bigger issue - for another. And they're surprised that one of their brand new skyscrapers is struggling to stay upright? There's a reason that they didn't even want to build the Trans-America Pyramid back in 1972 (853 feet).

Not sure I buy NYC sinking claim yet.

North America is getting squeezed tectonically. When a plate gets squeezed, the result are mountains and folds and hills. Skyscrapers built on land being "folded" are not wise. SF certainly has plenty of tectonic action nearby, and is on the edge of what is trying to fit into a smaller and smaller area. Don't know if it is "folding" there but it may not need to in order for skyscrapers to be unwise.

Nashville is folding. Virtually every building downtown is off by 1 degree or more, and they are off in different directions - folded hill/valley...

Not sure I buy NYC sinking claim yet.

North America is getting squeezed tectonically. When a plate gets squeezed, the result are mountains and folds and hills. Skyscrapers built on land being "folded" are not wise. SF certainly has plenty of tectonic action nearby, and is on the edge of what is trying to fit into a smaller and smaller area. Don't know if it is "folding" there but it may not need to in order for skyscrapers to be unwise.

Nashville is folding. Virtually every building downtown is off by 1 degree or more, and they are off in different directions - folded hill/valley...

I honestly don't know - could be sinking. If scientists say it is, I'm not in a position to say it's not, but I find it surprising.

That being said, New York's skyline is just looking gaudier and gaudier. I miss the days when the Empire State Bldg dominated mid-Manhattan and the WTC dominated the lower. Guess Al Qaeda took care of that bit, but then the oligarchs decided they needed a better view of Central Park.

For some historical perspective on our now 420 PPM CO2 level.
I don't think we have to go much or even any higher to reach the same Sea Level...
And we are and will exceed the current CO2 level easily at the rate we're going as atmospheric CO2 is Cumulative and lasts from 5-200 years. I think 500 PPM is in the cards by 2050 or before.

The USA is doing a great job lowering emissions in the last decade, almost the 'GND' of AOC due to the fact Renewables have become 80-90% cheaper/more efficient in that short time period. But we still contribute though not nearly as much as 'Chindia' and the 'developing world.

Alas, we got to 400+ so fast (100-200x natural speed) we probably just have to wait for the snowballing Melt (+free and generated Methane) to catch up.

The Pliocene: The Last Time Earth had >400 ppm of Atmospheric CO2

Royal Meteorological Society

The last time carbon dioxide was so plentiful in our planet's atmosphere was in the Pliocene era, around 3 million years ago. Life on Earth was dominated by giant mammals; humans and chimps had shared their last common ancestor. Although the sun's force was about the same, the sea levels were 15 metres (50') higher and Arctic summer temperatures were 14 degrees higher than the present day.".."

co2.Earth

kc-monthly-0580.png

`

Chain yourself to the Chinese Embassy in protest or just STFU

Do you think allowing millions of diseased illegal aliens into this country is lowering our CO2 or raising our CO2 levels? When you realize this, maybe you can go bomb the White House with Molotov Cocktails that your side always uses when they dont get their way.

Chy-na (Trump's voice), India, and Pakistan are all building coal-fired power plants. I guess they haven't fallen for the CO2 fallacy.

AGAIN, NUT#2.
I'm a senior and this is just a (killer) 1 br condo I bought very well... along with a larger residence in another state.
I could sell the former for 2x+ what paid 8 yrs ago. Prices have gone crazy.
`
You seem to have a Hang up up ONE industrial food company!
WTF/Get over it clown.
Why should I give a shit about Heinz? (and more Idiotically Heinz Only)
You think I'm a Marxist who hates wealthy people and food/ANY manufacturing?

Hopefully the Grid will continue to get more renewable every year and we will have less emissions.

(BTW, IGNORE EMH, HE'S MENTALLY ILL IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED.

Huge Quadruple/Quintuple spacing and Daily Repeated JPGs is one part of it.
Apparently YOU also have Serious Sanity issues.)

`

(ToasterParrot is a one line troll. Many other "libtard" RWers are too)

Sandy is angry because she looks like an idiot.

Dubious that fracking lowers emissions, as it creates methane, which is a more potent GHG. Nuclear isn't a lefty issue; it's a NIMBY issue and nobody wants a massive construction project that could leak deadly radiation within 25 miles of their homes. It also takes a rather long time to get a nuke plant up and running.

Dubious that fracking lowers emissions,

Of course, it lowers our emissions. Why do you think US emissions have dropped
25% per capita since 2000 while real GDP has increased by 30%?

Nuclear isn't a lefty issue;

Bullshit.

it's a NIMBY issue and nobody wants a massive construction project that could leak deadly radiation within 25 miles of their homes.

We have lots of nuclear plants in Illinois. Never killed anyone.

It also takes a rather long time to get a nuke plant up and running.

We need to have a standard design and limit libtard lawsuits to speed up construction.
For the children.

Forum List

Back