The silent genocide, why does the world not care?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

1715425106952.png

A genocide may have been committed in the West Darfur city of El Geneina in one of the worst atrocities of the year-long Sudanese civil war, according to a report released by Human Rights Watch (HRW).
It says ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity have been committed against ethnic Massalit and non-Arab communities in the city by the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces and its Arab allies.
The report calls for sanctions against those responsible for the atrocities, including the RSF leader, Mohammed Hamdan Dagalo, widely known as Hemedti.
The UN says about 15,000 people are feared to have been killed in El Geneina last year.
Warning: This article contains details that some readers may find distressing

The HRW report documents evidence of a systematic campaign by the RSF and allied militias to remove Massalit residents from El Geneina.
Witnesses described how the RSF rounded up and shot men, women and children who attempted to escape the ethnic violence in the restive city.
At least "thousands of people" were killed and "hundreds of thousands" left as refugees between April and November 2023, the 218-page report said.
"The events are among the worst atrocities against civilians so far in the current conflict in Sudan," it added.
The US and the prosecutor for the International Criminal Court have talked about war crimes in Darfur but they have not specifically mentioned genocide.
The BBC has spoken to people from El Geneina who say they were victims of ethnic violence.
One man told us he had joined others who fled to a central gathering place after sites were attacked in different parts of the city. He said the RSF had a base nearby and eventually began bombing this area, Mudaris, with heavy guns.
“We buried all the dead people at night,” he said, “one day 186 people, another day 80, another day 50.”
The man, who asked not to be named, is now sheltering in neighbouring Chad.
He told the BBC that armed men raped his wife, using degrading language as they did so: “They said: 'Now we are your husband, your people have all have been killed. You can be the servants of our wives and clean our houses.'”
The HRW report says that RSF fighters and militias used derogatory racial slurs against Massalit and other racial groups, telling them that the land was not theirs and that that it would become "the land of the Arabs".
It says the attacks culminated in a large-scale massacre on 15 June last year, when the RSF and its allies opened fire on a convoy of civilians desperately trying to flee.

A 17-year-old boy described to HRW the killing of 12 children and 5 adults from several families: “Two RSF forces … grabb[ed] the children from their parents and, as the parents started screaming, two other RSF forces shot the parents, killing them. Then they piled up the children and shot them. They threw their bodies into the river and their belongings in after them.”

Are these folks too black and poor for the world and UN to care about? Or is it because they are too Christian?

Is the UN too racist against blacks and bigoted towards Christianity to care?

There was no report of these people conducting terror attacks against Northern Sudan. There are no rockets being lobbed to the North like we see those in Gaza lobbying rockets into Israel. They are just being slaughtered with impunity.

Does anyone care?

Nope.

1715425516018.png

Gretta is back in the news as she seems to have shifted from protesting to destroy the world economy to fight global change to protesting to destroy Israel.

The time has come for our leaders to face the horrifying truth: a possible genocide is under way. Since this awful conflict began last year, countless thousands of innocent people have been killed, many of them children, while thousands more are now desperate refugees.

No, I’m not talking about Gaza. I’m talking about Sudan. On Thursday, Human Rights Watch published a report detailing the atrocities that have been committed during the ongoing war in Sudan, which broke out in April last year.

Yet here’s a curious thing. Despite that conflict’s savage brutality, I don’t recall seeing any mass protests against it in the West. London is not swarmed every Saturday by hundreds of thousands of enraged demonstrators brandishing placards that liken the RSF (a Sudanese paramilitary force) to the Nazis. Nor have university campuses in the US and the UK been overrun by students shrieking that they stand with the Masalit (an ethnic group the RSF is accused of massacring) and calling for “ceasefire now” in Darfur. Come to think of it, I’m not sure I can recall Western Left-wing activists even mentioning the RSF.

So furious is their hatred of Israel, however, that thousands of them have taken to the streets this week to rage against a young, female Israeli pop singer.

Eden Golan, who is just 20 years old, is Israel’s representative at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. And for days, the city of Malmo in Sweden – where the contest is being held – has been overwhelmed by anti-Israel protesters, demanding that she be expelled from the competition. Spotted among the crowds on Thursday, as it happens, was Greta Thunberg, proudly wearing a Palestinian-style keffiyeh scarf. Previously famed for her campaigning against climate change, Ms Thunberg has recently expanded her repertoire by campaigning against Israel, as well.

Is Europe and America too systemically racist to care about the Sudan, or is Jew hatred needed for them as a catalyst to care about anything?

Then again, China is also all gung-ho about destroying Israel, as they conduct a genocide themselves that the world ignores as well.

View attachment 945112

A genocide may have been committed in the West Darfur city of El Geneina in one of the worst atrocities of the year-long Sudanese civil war, according to a report released by Human Rights Watch (HRW).
It says ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity have been committed against ethnic Massalit and non-Arab communities in the city by the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces and its Arab allies.
The report calls for sanctions against those responsible for the atrocities, including the RSF leader, Mohammed Hamdan Dagalo, widely known as Hemedti.
The UN says about 15,000 people are feared to have been killed in El Geneina last year.
Warning: This article contains details that some readers may find distressing

The HRW report documents evidence of a systematic campaign by the RSF and allied militias to remove Massalit residents from El Geneina.
Witnesses described how the RSF rounded up and shot men, women and children who attempted to escape the ethnic violence in the restive city.
At least "thousands of people" were killed and "hundreds of thousands" left as refugees between April and November 2023, the 218-page report said.
"The events are among the worst atrocities against civilians so far in the current conflict in Sudan," it added.
The US and the prosecutor for the International Criminal Court have talked about war crimes in Darfur but they have not specifically mentioned genocide.
The BBC has spoken to people from El Geneina who say they were victims of ethnic violence.
One man told us he had joined others who fled to a central gathering place after sites were attacked in different parts of the city. He said the RSF had a base nearby and eventually began bombing this area, Mudaris, with heavy guns.
“We buried all the dead people at night,” he said, “one day 186 people, another day 80, another day 50.”
The man, who asked not to be named, is now sheltering in neighbouring Chad.
He told the BBC that armed men raped his wife, using degrading language as they did so: “They said: 'Now we are your husband, your people have all have been killed. You can be the servants of our wives and clean our houses.'”
The HRW report says that RSF fighters and militias used derogatory racial slurs against Massalit and other racial groups, telling them that the land was not theirs and that that it would become "the land of the Arabs".
It says the attacks culminated in a large-scale massacre on 15 June last year, when the RSF and its allies opened fire on a convoy of civilians desperately trying to flee.

A 17-year-old boy described to HRW the killing of 12 children and 5 adults from several families: “Two RSF forces … grabb[ed] the children from their parents and, as the parents started screaming, two other RSF forces shot the parents, killing them. Then they piled up the children and shot them. They threw their bodies into the river and their belongings in after them.”

Are these folks too black and poor for the world and UN to care about? Or is it because they are too Christian?

Is the UN too racist against blacks and bigoted towards Christianity to care?
That's so said

There was no report of these people conducting terror attacks against Northern Sudan. There are no rockets being lobbed to the North like we see those in Gaza lobbying rockets into Israel. They are just being slaughtered with impunity.

Does anyone care?

Nope.
I care.

Has the UN acknowledged this Votto?

~S~
If they have, I have not heard them acknowledge it.

Keep in mind, the UN has been obsessed with Israel, passing more resolutions against the small country than anywhere else in the world combined.

The most horrific of regimes, like in North Korea, are ignored.

Who the hell knows how many people have been slaughtered by Rocket man, but one thing is known, those that have survived in North Korea are about 3 feet shorter than those in South Korea, all because Rocket man is starving his people to death.

Oh, and it is against the law to kill yourself there. I think they go after your family if you kill yourself, but the UN is Ok with it.

I bet this is the first you have heard about this. That speaks volumes. The media is complicit with the Jew and Christian hatred.

But as I said, it could also be because they are also too poor and black.

Is this your way of approving of Israel’s genocide because genocide occurs elsewhere? If so, you’re a fool.

It reminds me of the Armenian genocide during WW1. Christians were rounded up and slaughtered as the world ignored it

To this day, most have no idea it ever happened.

Does the world hate Jews and Christians too much to care?
Two wrongs don't make a right

As Christians we naturally care. We never do any revenge, as our power is in our prayers to God and prayer does work.

God says vengeance is mine, saith the Lord.

At the end of this clip in a movie about a genocide in Rwanda, it is summed up best I think as to why the West does not care about the Sudanese.

My favorite line is, the reason the West does not care is because they think Africans are less of a human being than a Ni@@er.

Has the UN acknowledged this Votto?

~S~
Good question- very good one.

The UN always has some stuff to say about Israel's actions, so why do they ignore RSF genocide throughout Sudan?

Makes you wonder if the UN is apart of the genocide.

Is this your way of approving of Israel’s genocide because genocide occurs elsewhere? If so, you’re a fool.
Just showing your hypocrisy and racism and bigotry

Or are you just clueless about the Sudan because the media and the entire UN ignores it?

Which one?

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Maybe many (most?) people do not "care" about, say, Sudan because:

1. There is nothing that nobodies like me can do about it.

2. Maybe the situation in Africa is, well, hopeless.

a. The Africans may have made a big mistake in demanding "independence" after World War II.

i. They might today be better off economically and in all other ways if they had stayed under the benevolent tutelage of their European big brothers (and sisters).

At the end of this clip in a movie about a genocide in Rwanda, it is summed up best I think as to why the West does not care about the Sudanese.

My favorite line is, the reason the West does not care is because they think Africans are less of a human being than a Ni@@er.

The West doesn't care because there are no "American interests" there. "American interests" are generally defined as "holdings of land, property or businesses belonging to American corporations".

This isn't the first genocide the world has ignored.

Maybe many (most?) people do not "care" about, say, Sudan because:

1. There is nothing that nobodies like me can do about it.

2. Maybe the situation in Africa is, well, hopeless.

a. The Africans may have made a big mistake in demanding "independence" after World War II.

i. They might today be better off economically and in all other ways if they had stayed under the benevolent tutelage of their European big brothers (and sisters).
I see, so Africans deserve it.

Just showing your hypocrisy and racism and bigotry

Or are you just clueless about the Sudan because the media and the entire UN ignores it?

Which one?
You’ve got it backwards. You are the racist, bigot, and hypocrite.

You care not about the mass murder of defenseless women and children in Palestine, or anywhere else genocide occurs.

This is your way of supporting Israel, the nation you are truly loyal to. TRAITOR!

You are a dupe of state controlled media, but don’t know it.

Forum List

Back